May 22, 2019, 01:39 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Old /New C-30

Well this build goes back a few years...... 3-4-5 ..havent got a clue. maybe Rich or Joe Jockadopolus can remember as I did send them a couple of pics of the build.
So I built the model and I took it out once and found that it wouldn't fly with the 3 cell and motor that I had installed.
So I took it home ..stuck it on a shelf and forgot about it ( I like to move on to the next project pretty quickly)
So recently Werner started with his C-30 project ,that I thought looked pretty good...I even contacted the maker to get kit and freight prices.
Only when Werner got to the flying stage did (this old fool) remember that he had a completed model gathering dust somewhere.....(so sad)
Now I just happened to have a larger motor and a 4 cell lipo laying around that I fitted in place and after giving a bit a a run ..considered that it should fly ??
I wont bore you with all my construction pics (get a life) but pop in just a couple.
So I was very happy (surprised ) to find that the model would ROG just about by it's self .I am now in the process of making some trim changes and finishing of the front bulkhead and dummy motor.
So here are the pics and videos showing my utter pleasure of finally getting this model into the air.
So now I must make some adjustment to my flying head cam so I can get some decent video of my recent models.
Happy Landings
Chris...
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2019, 01:43 AM
Thread OP
C-30 walk around.part 1 (1 min 49 sec)
May 22, 2019, 01:44 AM
Thread OP
C-30 Autogyro Part 2 (2 min 54 sec)
May 22, 2019, 01:45 AM
Thread OP
C-30 Autogyro Part 3 (2 min 40 sec)
May 22, 2019, 03:06 PM
Looks great Chris

Watching for the flight video

Just noticed you fly mode 1
Joe
May 22, 2019, 09:02 PM
Thread OP
Yes Joe ....you picked it ...mode 1 don't see how you saw it ...most of the pilots in this part of the world fly mode 1
Now get your little grey cells working...can you remember how long ago I sent you pics of this build ?
Chris...
May 23, 2019, 01:12 AM
I knew it... Mode 1 here too . I don’t need to bring a transmitter if I ever visit !!

Steve
May 23, 2019, 01:18 PM
Beautifull model, congratulations.
Just like Joe, would love to see it in the air.
Good luck with your trim adjustments.
Werner
May 24, 2019, 12:52 AM
Thread OP
Steve
Of coarse ....that goes with out saying...........
Werner .
yes I also hope to see some video of it flying.
Chris...
May 24, 2019, 11:15 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Joe,

April 2015, glad to see you've got it flying well mate.

I may be calling on you soon.

Rich
May 24, 2019, 06:46 PM
Thread OP
Rich
So it only took me 4 years ..... that's a bit of a joke.
BUT you look as if you have a classic build on your hands with that project..just a bit different...now that I do like . And that U/C is a work of art as is the split radial with scale non rudder but rudderletts on the tail..most impressive....all good . I like to build C-30's ...I have had 5 so far.??????????????
Chris...

Quick Reply