May 22, 2019, 01:05 AM
Not THAT Ira
Thread OP
Discussion

Gluten

Sums it right up...

How to Become Gluten Intolerant (Funny) - Ultra Spiritual Life episode 12 - with JP Sears (6 min 18 sec)
May 22, 2019, 04:45 AM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
I know someone very much like that.
May 22, 2019, 06:50 AM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
People in LA are deathly afraid of gluten. I swear to god, you could rob a liquor store in this city with a bagel. - Ryan Reynolds
May 22, 2019, 08:39 AM
I actually have celiac disease and try to limit my gluten intake as much as possible, but I'm not rabid about it. But I will say that the this "gluten free" fad has been a godsend to me.
However, I have yet to find a gluten free bread that is worth trying to eat. Gluten free pizza however works.
May 22, 2019, 09:13 AM
Not THAT Ira
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S
I know someone very much like that.
I know several.

Having read a bit on the subject my gut tells me (no pun intended) that it is more likely the Glyphosate residue in these foods causing the issues than gluten, in the non psychosomatic cases of course.
May 22, 2019, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira
I know several.

Having read a bit on the subject my gut tells me (no pun intended) that it is more likely the Glyphosate residue in these foods causing the issues than gluten, in the non psychosomatic cases of course.
I read a book last month that was trying to make the case that it is the iron added to wheat flour in America that is causing the health issues some report. Most countries do not fortify wheat with vitamins and minerals. The book was hardly definitive but thought it an interesting theory.

It reminded me of the question some have asked about why wheat in Europe seems to be less of a health issue than wheat sold in America.
May 22, 2019, 11:06 AM
No more nicotine for me!
Saw this a while back, kind of interesting:

Why Millions of People Are Faking Food Allergies (23 min 30 sec)
May 22, 2019, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider53
I actually have celiac disease and try to limit my gluten intake as much as possible, but I'm not rabid about it. But I will say that the this "gluten free" fad has been a godsend to me.
However, I have yet to find a gluten free bread that is worth trying to eat. Gluten free pizza however works.
I've made gluten free pizza before, with like almond flour. was good.
May 22, 2019, 12:27 PM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro_builder
Saw this a while back, kind of interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrPgC9a3eBU
Very interesting.
May 22, 2019, 12:45 PM
Man, if I could just come up with some schtick like that. 803K subscribers and weekly content is good for a few $100K a year. Good for him. There a lot like him. Car detail channels, auto enthusiasts channels, RV channels, yada yada, all making a killing on the Tube.
May 22, 2019, 01:52 PM
No more nicotine for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick 8409
Man, if I could just come up with some schtick like that. 803K subscribers and weekly content is good for a few $100K a year. Good for him. There a lot like him. Car detail channels, auto enthusiasts channels, RV channels, yada yada, all making a killing on the Tube.
Same here, though I am pleased/surprised I've managed to gain almost 2.5k subs on my RC channel, despite some serious gaps in posting anything.
May 22, 2019, 01:52 PM
No more nicotine for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S
Very interesting.
All I know is I'm glad I have no allergies.
May 22, 2019, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon Shawn
People in LA are deathly afraid of gluten. I swear to god, you could rob a liquor store in this city with a bagel. - Ryan Reynolds
Yea, order a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread with a glass of milk and see them panic.
May 22, 2019, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro_builder
All I know is I'm glad I have no allergies.
It really sucks, it seems like there is gluten in just about everything. I love Triscuits and Ritz crackers, they don't love me.
May 22, 2019, 06:23 PM
No more nicotine for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider53
It really sucks, it seems like there is gluten in just about everything. I love Triscuits and Ritz crackers, they don't love me.
Yeah it sounds like a serious pain in the I dont envy anyone that has to deal with it. At least its not an allergy to meat like a tick can apparently give you...no more bacon??

Quick Reply