May 21, 2019, 09:15 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

thermal switch mode relinquish to slider

I'm flying ALES/F5J style e-glider & wondering how I would go about accomplishing an additional feature. Right now I have 3-position Se switch set up as forward=speed, middle=normal, back=thermal. In thermal mode I just have fixed % positions for flaps down, aileron down & elevator compensation, with a bit of delay

What I'd like to accomplish is: when I select this same thermal position (only), it relinquishes control to right side slider where I can vary the same surfaces (aileron, flaps, elevator) from zero to some maximum. As opposed to what is now essentially an on/off mixture setting. In any other switch mode I would like slider deactivated. Is this a logic application? Better yet, does anyone have a similar procedure I can adapt? The model is 2 aileron + 2 flap wing type.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2019, 03:14 PM
F3B
Just use dual rates. Zero rates in the flight modes you don't want travel.

But if you are using free mixes master value to zero in speed and normal.

Or use a function curve and make it flight mode specific.

It's easy to do. I've got this on a few gliders. Always remember nearly all settings on the radio can be flight mode specific. So however you acconplish it just make the setting zero where you don't want it.

Quick Reply