May 22, 2019, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandetlol
So, you are 9/10 for fake news.

Trump Care: Obamacare is going to be brought before the supreme court to rule on constitutionality. No one will do anything until this happens.
Wall: currently being built. He got money from defense spending.
Hillary: The Barr tab just started. Up in the air, but I'll give this one to you.
Debt: Democrats seem to pretend the debt only existed in 2016, and not before.
Infrastructure: [Citation needed]
Rich richer: People being richer is a good thing.
Poor poorer: Black unemployment and hispanic unemployment all time low, record job creation..
Middle class: Wages gone up first time in a long time, tax cuts, more jobs..
Your defense is much weaker than my allegations

Trump Care = nada
Wall = Fail (dismal effort to claim success as with all his other fails)
Hillary = Still skipping in the woods (how many of Trump's "I pick only the best people" are in jail now?)
Debt = Still rising (Hillary at least had words to address this, Trump nada)
Infrastructure = Look around and watch the news (we are not sea to "shining" sea)
Country = More divided than ever (equal branches are gridlocked and not running the country just fighting each other)
Rich richer = More failed trickle down
Poor poorer = more of the old middle class moved down to take jobs of the poor
Middle class = non existent
May 22, 2019, 10:32 AM
already ruff, trying for ready
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
Good point. We've seen the power of those who got fired up to oppose good old boy politics in Alabama... when they lost a senate seat for their effort. I think the Alabama abortion legislation was equally fraught with bad thinking and has women renewed in their effort to confront it.
Yes, but somehow, the women of Alabama who rejected Roy Moore were unable to stop anti-abortion candidates from getting elected. Either side can quote isolated polls and stats. The only thing that seems pretty certain right now is that Trump has to find a way to get more independents. He did it in 2016. He also benefited from late campaign events like Hillary getting ill, Comey's announcements on HRCs emails, and maybe other stuff. October surprises can happen in any October. For sure, if Trump is behind in October 2020 he will try to pull that rabbit out of his hat.

I am seeing lots of anti-Trump people look at polling data and voice optimism. Given 2016, this strikes me as not only odd but dangerous for those who want to see him voted out.
May 22, 2019, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douwe

Trump Care = nada
Hillary = Still skipping in the woods (how many of Trump's "I pick only the best people" are in jail now?)
Infrastructure = Look around and watch the news (we are not sea to "shining" sea)
Country = More divided than ever (equal branches are gridlocked and not running the country just fighting each other)
Let me just point one thing out.

Maybe that's your problem. You should probably do less of that. It's probably why you are so uninformed about the Trump administration..

https://voiceofpeopletoday.com/only-...ust-the-media/
May 22, 2019, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Let me just point one thing out.

Maybe that's your problem. You should probably do less of that. It's probably why you are so uninformed about the Trump administration..

https://voiceofpeopletoday.com/only-...ust-the-media/
You do realize that the people may not trust "the media" (a general cop out term that righties use for all media that says anything against them) but they all tune in anyway, don't you?

The article you linked to is untrustworthy since it is part of "the media".
May 22, 2019, 10:43 AM
Quote:
You do realize that the people may not trust "the media" (a general cop out term that righties use for all media that says anything against them) but they all tune in anyway, don't you?
No, we refer to "the media", as "mainstream media", as in big corporations such as Fox, Cnn, MSNBC, etc..

They are companies that aren't in the business of generating money by delivering you news, they are in the business of generating money by delivering your eyeballs to advertisements.

I do not tune in to the mainstream media, I get news from the more honest, donation-driven independent journalist ran alternative media... the people that actually get facts right, while the guys you watch are still trying to figure out how Trump won when their research showed he only had a 2% chance of winning!

Centralized news networks are failing and decentralized journalism is on the rise, as an example one guy Tim Pool, an independent left-leaning journalist gets more views than CNN just by himself.
May 22, 2019, 10:43 AM
Quote:

Trump Care = nada

These are all Rachel Maddow talking points. Might help to expand your sources.
May 22, 2019, 10:47 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybird
We get a daily dose of Fox News talking points from Trump's tweets.
May 22, 2019, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
The BS we heard in 2016 was, "What have you got to lose?" Trump's dark side was not well known. We've had a peak there now and it's not a path we'd like to continue to follow.
Who is "we" ?...
May 22, 2019, 10:59 AM
Quote:
If you are insinuating I watch Fox, You would be wrong.
May 22, 2019, 11:01 AM
Quote:
This is a CNN talking point.
May 22, 2019, 11:01 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffin Ready
Yes, but somehow, the women of Alabama who rejected Roy Moore were unable to stop anti-abortion candidates from getting elected. Either side can quote isolated polls and stats. The only thing that seems pretty certain right now is that Trump has to find a way to get more independents. He did it in 2016. He also benefited from late campaign events like Hillary getting ill, Comey's announcements on HRCs emails, and maybe other stuff. October surprises can happen in any October. For sure, if Trump is behind in October 2020 he will try to pull that rabbit out of his hat.

I am seeing lots of anti-Trump people look at polling data and voice optimism. Given 2016, this strikes me as not only odd but dangerous for those who want to see him voted out.
I'm not a forecaster. I've said many times, I don't have leotards, tight shorts or a cape and have no powers to see the future. I'm not talking the future... I'm a live in the moment kind of guy. I'm simply offering what exist now as to polls.
May 22, 2019, 11:21 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam
And that's pretty much his normal range. I still find it utterly astonishing that, in the light of one of the strongest economies we've seen in decades, Trump can only muster a 42% average approval. Obama achieved that while we were still mired in the aftermath of the deepest recession and worst fiscal crisis in our lifetimes.
May 22, 2019, 11:31 AM
Quote:
No, we refer to "the media", as "mainstream media", as in big corporations such as Fox, Cnn, MSNBC, etc..

They are companies that aren't in the business of generating money by delivering you news, they are in the business of generating money by delivering your eyeballs to advertisements.

I do not tune in to the mainstream media, I get news from the more honest, donation-driven independent journalist ran alternative media... the people that actually get facts right, while the guys you watch are still trying to figure out how Trump won when their research showed he only had a 2% chance of winning!

Centralized news networks are failing and decentralized journalism is on the rise, as an example one guy Tim Pool, an independent left-leaning journalist gets more views than CNN just by himself.
Who is "we". Your "honest" media is run by people making a salary to deliver what you want to hear.
Same game.

Go travel some more, see the real world.
May 22, 2019, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybird
I know who she is and not a fan.
If she has same points then she is right.
May 22, 2019, 11:50 AM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
And that's pretty much his normal range. I still find it utterly astonishing that, in the light of one of the strongest economies we've seen in decades, Trump can only muster a 42% average approval. Obama achieved that while we were still mired in the aftermath of the deepest recession and worst fiscal crisis in our lifetimes.
I think that's a very astute observation.

Of course, the strength of the economy is 'all about Trump' (but none of the failings are.. )

Quick Reply