May 21, 2019, 07:16 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Quinnipiac poll today... Trump approval rating drops to 38%

Quinnipiac is the the gold standard of polling and today's Trump approval rating has dropped to 38%. As well the poll reported that 53% will not vote for Trump.... which means that his chances of re-election are a serious uphill battle.

I suggested a while back, that there will be no serious contemplation of impeachment unless Trump's poll numbers drop to at least 35%, signalling little chance for his re-election, at which Republicans will face the hard decision to stay with him or kick him to the street.

The first for that happened this week with Justin Amash. Republicans quickly stuck their finger in the dike... but will it hold. IMO, it all depends on the polls. If they continue downward... will more Republicans break... and will there be enough to obtain the bi-partisan support needed for impeachment?
May 21, 2019, 07:36 PM
The QuadFather
Seems to me, instead of worrying about impeachment, the Dems need to sit back, wonder why there are 24 candidates for the next presidential election, and the best they are coming up with is an old used up vice prez.

Is this going to be HRC/2016 2.0?
May 21, 2019, 07:38 PM
Seriously?
Time is running out to IMPEACH 45! Get to it.
May 21, 2019, 07:44 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflux01
Seems to me, instead of worrying about impeachment, the Dems need to sit back, wonder why there are 24 candidates for the next presidential election, and the best they are coming up with is an old used up vice prez.

Are you guys sticking with a crooked businessman with known ties to our primary adversary?
May 21, 2019, 07:51 PM
Winning.

Trump care = nothing
Wall = nada
Hillary = skipping in the woods
Debt = growing faster than ever
Crime = still rampant
Infrastructure = more potholes than ever
Country = Falling apart faster than ever
Rich = richer
Poor = poorer
middle class = LoL
May 21, 2019, 07:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
Time is running out to IMPEACH 45! Get to it.
Waiting on Republicans. The ball is in your court. Conviction in the Senate requires bi-partisan support.
May 21, 2019, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
Are you guys sticking with a crooked businessman with known ties to our primary adversary?
You mean China, or Iran??

Clyde
May 21, 2019, 08:15 PM
The QuadFather
Quote:
It is ironic that you try and "trump" us all into one group, and at the same time, completely disregard the content of my post. You are becoming a pro at this.
May 21, 2019, 08:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Wasn't there a host of Republicans who thought Hillary would be easy pickings in 2016? Seems that a host of Dems think Trump is going to be easy picking in 2020.... eh.

Old used up? I watched Biden jog up the steps and across the stage to the mic in Philly.... I can't recall seeing Trump do any thing but a turtle walk. Biden looks to be in four times better shape than Trump.
May 21, 2019, 08:31 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Quote:
It is ironic that you try and "trump" us all into one group, and at the same time, completely disregard the content of my post. You are becoming a pro at this.
You don't think Trump will get the GOP nomination? Isn't that what you want or would you be willing to dump Trump?
May 21, 2019, 08:35 PM
One more flight...
Quote:
Hillary isnít running is she?
May 21, 2019, 08:38 PM
May 21, 2019, 08:44 PM
One more flight...
Remember when Donald Trump was business partners with the Russian government and his company got $35 million from the Russian government investment fund called Rusnano that was started by Vladimir Putin and is referred to as "Putin's Child?”

Oh wait, that wasn't Trump; it was John Podesta.

Remember when Donald Trump received $500,000 for a speech in Moscow and paid for by Renaissance Capital, a company tied to Russian Intelligence Agencies?

Oh wait, that was Bill Clinton.

Remember when Donald Trump approved the sale of 20% of U.S. Uranium to the Russians while he was Secretary of State which gave control of it to Rosatom the Russian State Atomic Energy Corporation?

Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton.

Remember when Donald Trump lied about that and said he wasn't a part of approving the deal that gave the Russians 1/5 of our uranium, but then his e-mails were leaked showing he did lie about it?

Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton and John Podesta.

Remember when Donald Trump got $145 million from shareholders of the uranium company sold to the Russians?

Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation.

Remember when Donald Trump accepted millions in donations from Russian oligarchs like the chairman of a company that's part of the Russian Nuclear Research Cluster, the wife of the mayor of Moscow and a close pal of Putin's?

Oh wait, that was the Clinton Foundation.

Remember when Donald Trump failed to disclose all those donations before becoming the Secretary of State, and it was only found out when a journalist went through Canadian tax records?

Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton

Remember when Donald Trump told Mitt Romney that the '80s called and it wanted its Russian policy back. The Cold War is over?

Oh wait, that was President Obama.
May 21, 2019, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
Waiting on Republicans. The ball is in your court. Conviction in the Senate requires bi-partisan support.
I wouldnít hold your breath. Honestly how much has Dons approval rating ever varied? Itís always been high 30s to low 40s. It would take some monumental occurrence to move it out of that band. Most peopleís minds are made up about him.
May 21, 2019, 09:05 PM
The QuadFather
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
Wasn't there a host of Republicans who thought Hillary would be easy pickings in 2016? Seems that a host of Dems think Trump is going to be easy picking in 2020.... eh.

Old used up? I watched Biden jog up the steps and across the stage to the mic in Philly.... I can't recall seeing Trump do any thing but a turtle walk. Biden looks to be in four times better shape than Trump.
Apparently, She was. We got Trump...

Yes, old, used up. Meaning like Hillary, he is old politics. The very thing the Dems stated they wanted to be rid of. Now there are 24 candidate, and no one has the same message. Sounds like a fragmented party to me.

My point is that, like in 2016, Bernie got kicked to the curb, and HRC was the Dem savior and couldn't be beat. REpubs, on the other hand, had 17 candidates, none of which were anything other than used up and worthless. I mean, if Trump could beat them all...

'Tis a repeat on 2016, only now its the Dems with many candidates, with a leading candidate that is 'sure to win' just as HRC was..

Quick Reply