May 22, 2019, 09:41 PM
I still have my written warning for 100+ in a 55, a week after going before the magistrate and almost losing my license.... Thankyou Trooper Vanette!
May 22, 2019, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell
I still have my written warning for 100+ in a 55, a week after going before the magistrate and almost losing my license.... Thankyou Trooper Vanette!
Try twenty something moving violations on one court docket...lol..plus warrants .....I got out of it all for $300 court cost...lmao...never seen a judge so pissed off in my life..and furious at the DA...
May 22, 2019, 11:10 PM
Turbines, EDF's, and gassers. Still have one glow that I fly once every season or two(Great Planes Viper). Glow is just such a mess. Currently at the First in Flight Jet Rally in NC. The weather has been great the last two days but it's going to heat up.
May 23, 2019, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
The thing about cars is you need to go with a friend and do some Racing. Otherwise agree it would get boring.
But they are something to RC when, as happens regularly here, the weather prevents flying.
I FPV my RC truck because that can be quite challenging.
Speed doesn't interest me that much either in flying or any other branch of RC
May 23, 2019, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69
Try twenty something moving violations on one court docket...lol..plus warrants .....I got out of it all for $300 court cost...lmao...never seen a judge so pissed off in my life..and furious at the DA...
20..... that's an "A+ for Effort"!.
May 23, 2019, 05:21 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didactylos4
But they are something to RC when, as happens regularly here, the weather prevents flying.
I FPV my RC truck because that can be quite challenging.
Speed doesn't interest me that much either in flying or any other branch of RC
When I raced Mardave stuff I was obviously not interested in speed, I was usually last.
But as I quite often raced a 1/12 scale reliant robin against properly set up hot rods, I did not have much chance.
It was fun though, trying to keep it the right way up.
May 23, 2019, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell
20..... that's an "A+ for Effort"!.
More than 20..it was either 21 or 23 moving violation with a warrant attached to each one..bond was like 5800 or 5500 back then..I posted a cash bond and got one court date with all the violations on one docket and hired a lawyers that was a sit-in judge and knew the DA...
May 23, 2019, 09:43 AM
Props to my grandfather RIP... for helping his grandson get the baddest car around back then..i miss him dearly. ..
May 23, 2019, 10:14 AM
Mostly sailplanes, from DLG to cross country and all between. I love to build and fly my "bulsa birds", in fact I have a vintage "Sinbad" glider kit waiting to be put on the bench and converted to RC. Some electrics, mostly slow ones, one 3D (Sniper) to play with and a couple of small quads

Oh ya, a sailboat (USOM) and a RTR rock crawler.
May 23, 2019, 10:18 AM
Official Old Git!
Been out to fly today.

T'was a bit breezy, but managed to fly the GWS A4, Fox powered glider and a couple of quads.

Enough medicine taken for a day or so!
May 23, 2019, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam
Been out to fly today.

T'was a bit breezy, but managed to fly the GWS A4, Fox powered glider and a couple of quads.

Enough medicine taken for a day or so!
yep....it is medicine ....my aches and pains fade to the background when I fly. By the end of a 15 min flight with my Conscendo I always feel better ....wonder if I could get a doctors order..... then get my medical insurance to cover my RC stuff!..
May 23, 2019, 02:57 PM
Actually, the number one thing I am flying these days is a hang glider.
May 23, 2019, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider53
Actually, the number one thing I am flying these days is a hang glider.
I wish we had a place to fly those here-iím Leaning toward selling one of the bikes and getting either a power hang glider or paramotor-I think I would enjoy the glider more but itís hard to beat the portability of a paramotor not to mention ease of setup and tear down.

I dunno..... got a few hours instruction in both airplanes and helicopters and really want to do the rotory wing thing.... I just donít see where it fits in with my 19 year retirement plan.
May 23, 2019, 06:49 PM
Don't look at me like that....
Mostly 60 to 90 size Electric powered warbirds.
But I just got a TF Giant scale Corsair kit with a DLE 55 ra. Gonna be a big burd.
Original designed A164 Agcat . 59 in ws. E flight power 110 on 8 cells with 3 blade 18 inch prop. 4 years into the build. Major scale details.
May 23, 2019, 07:08 PM
Took a screenshot of basic layout. Span is 64Ē, about 330 square inches. 24 watt array. Expecting about 30-35mph out of it based on Ukanduitís airplane with the same cell count.
Last edited by Dave Campbell; May 23, 2019 at 07:14 PM.

Quick Reply