This thread is privately moderated by Edge767, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 21, 2019, 07:54 AM
AMA 52726
Thread OP
Discussion

Too Long

I haven't flown in over a year. Nearly a year and a half. Why? Because I'm in the National Guard, and I've been tied up on the weekends. Also, our club field has been under construction for over a year (county project), and coupled with the fact that on the weekends I don't have drill, my wife has either had me traveling with her or doing honey-do's, or the weather hasn't been conducive to flying. So, here I am: severely out of practice and longing to get back into the air.

I did get a DJI Mavic 2 Pro yesterday, and despite the high winds (gusting to 20 mph), I was able to get it up into the air and get some nice video footage. I can see now why these drones are both so popular and possibly dangerous; they are ridiculously easy to fly and require very little skill. They do get some amazing footage, though, and I have to admit that I'm really looking forward to some trips now with this drone.

I'm probably one of the very few who has my FAA, AMA, and contact into actually on my drone, but I figure the last thing I need is to have something bad happen and I run afoul of the law or the AMA. Anyway, I hope to be able to get back into the air soon with my beloved warbirds. I miss flying them dearly.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply