RCGroups Place of the Month - Cobb County RC Modelers

The Cobb County Radio Control Modelers Club (CCRC) was founded in 1962 and became a chartered club #736 of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), District V. Today, the CCRC is one of the largest, and oldest AMA chartered clubs having been continuously operated for more than 50-year

Splash

RCGroups May Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is Cobb County RC Modelers in Acworth, Georgia. The Cobb County Radio Control Modelers Club (CCRC) was founded in 1962 and became a chartered club #736 of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), District V. Today, the CCRC is one of the largest, and oldest AMA chartered clubs having been continuously operated for more than 50-years.

The Cobb County Sports Aviation Complex (the CCRC facility), is supported, in part, by the Cobb County Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department and features both paved and grass runways, a separate helicopter flying area and covered pit areas that house 18 fixed-wing and 12 rotary-wing pre-flight work benches. Each bench area has an AC power source nearby to meet electrical needs.

There are three spectator areas which provide bleacher-style seating, two which face the aircraft flying area, and one facing the helicopter flying area. The site also has permanent restroom and picnic accommodations in its main pavilion as well as a First Aid station. Spectator's are welcome to watch whenever the field is open.

Club members are required to be current members, in good standing, of the Academy of Model Aeronautics in order to fly at the facility. All RC Pilots, spectators and guests must abide by CCRC field rules, as well as those of the AMA. Our first concern at CCRC is the safety of our members and visitors; so please observe, and abide by, all safety initiatives at all times while at the field.

Check out the Cobb County RC Modelers Places Page

May 22, 2019, 05:41 AM
My home field!
May 22, 2019, 01:22 PM
What luck !! In France I have never seen a field like this one !!

Magnificent !!
Jun 04, 2019, 07:34 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
It is an excellent facility, arguably one of the best in the city and this is one of the closest fields to Atlanta.

I remember going to an EPIC heavy lift contest here a few years ago.

It is a tight airspace though, must be mindful of neighbors on all sides- especially with big birds and speed planes.
Jun 04, 2019, 01:13 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Awesome place for a field, I wish other fields had everything it does, the covered pitts and electricity at every other bench the real restrooms with running water, Coke machine, snacks that are on the buddy system put your money in the bucket. I was a member here for a year when my home field PCMA lost our flying field. it is kinda tight flying space but they were a great group of guys, and having helicopters on the opisite side is so nice so they can fly at same time and not bother each other.
I used to enjoy going to there heli events, electric flys and swap meets but it must be the folks in charge now days don't have those events anymore. Well the heli guys left when Botos moved to Alabama.

I need to go by there and fly with them, i used to fly there every once in a while or at least swing by and hang out for a bit years ago when i lived on that side of town.

Quick Reply