Thread Tools
May 21, 2019, 06:18 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Discussion

Loretta Lynch accuses Comey of misrepresenting key Clinton probe conversation


htt
Quote:
ps://www.foxnews.com/politics/loretta-lynch-james-comey-contradition-clinton-probe-matter-investigation?fbclid=IwAR2R1keqclfV8FXmvr67dNQsNtv Y4qpNJzd8E023b5bClcg0aksLkCKXwng


Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch has flatly accused former FBI Director James Comey of mischaracterizing her statements by repeatedly alleging, under oath, that Lynch privately instructed him to call the Hillary Clinton email probe a "matter" instead of an "investigation."

Lynch, who testified that Comey's claim left her "quite surprised," made the dramatic remarks at a joint closed-door session of the House Oversight and Judiciary Committees last December. A transcript of her testimony was released on Monday by House Judiciary Committee ranking member Doug Collins, R-Ga.


The episode marked the latest public dispute to break out among high-level ex-Obama administration officials, as multiple government reviews of potential FBI and Justice Department misconduct continue.

In a June 2017 interview under oath with the House Intelligence Committee, Comey said Lynch had pressed him to downplay the significance of the Clinton email review in September 2015, just before a congressional hearing in which Comey was expected to be asked about the investigation. Comey said the moment led him to question her independence and contributed to his decision to unilaterally hold a press conference in July 2016 announcing the conclusions of the probe.

“The attorney general had directed me not to call it an investigation, but instead to call it a matter, which confused me and concerned me," Comey testified. “That was one of the bricks in the load that led me to conclude, ‘I have to step away from the department if we’re to close this case credibly.’”






Clyde
May 21, 2019, 06:58 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
The latest person to turn on Comey.
May 21, 2019, 07:05 AM
Registered User
Well she had to come back at those claims...
someone's telling porkies
May 21, 2019, 08:33 AM
Registered User
RMSlinkers's Avatar
They are all turning on each other. Winner gets lowest prison time.
May 21, 2019, 09:07 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSlinkers
They are all turning on each other. Winner gets lowest prison time.
This.

And it's funny because it's what the left imagine would happen to Trump... and of course since Trump didn't actually do anything wrong there was no one to turn.

Democrats on the other hand are already turning. Wonder why?
May 21, 2019, 02:07 PM
Eye of The Storm
JudahBenHur's Avatar
Democrats are seething....... at each other.

Wait till they start knawing through the bones to break free of the chains and shackles that their co-conspirators have put them in. Turn, Turn, Turn, this is fun, fun, fun!
May 21, 2019, 02:32 PM
Seriously?
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
It seems ironic that what the left was trying to do to trump is happening to them. This all has obama's Chicago way tactics written all over it. Drip drip drip...
May 21, 2019, 03:23 PM
Wingman
WarlordATF's Avatar
Dog Eat Dog, For the Left it isn't just a saying, Its a way of life!

They know time is running out for them and their desperation is on obvious display. They are scared and all their little schemes are falling apart, Nothing they try is working to distract the public.

Mueller was their last hope and now the President, the AG and the DOJ are preventing the Democrats from re-investigating until they get the results they want.

No Double Jeopardy, Sorry, Not Sorry,

But what really frightens them to their core is that their own followers are seeing the Truth about the Left's failed coup and other dirty deeds and all but the die-hards are walking away.

In 2020, President Trump will win re-election, that is pretty much certain at this point. However what will really be interesting to watch is how many seats in congress the Democrats lose, The President may very well be correct when he predicted that Republicans will retake the house!

The best part of it all will be after the election when they are forced to realize that the American People actually despise what these idiots have done to the Democrat Party.
May 21, 2019, 03:31 PM
They call me Crash!
Kaw1000's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordATF
Dog Eat Dog, For the Left it isn't just a saying, Its a way of life!

They know time is running out for them and their desperation is on obvious display. They are scared and all their little schemes are falling apart, Nothing they try is working to distract the public.

Mueller was their last hope and now the President, the AG and the DOJ are preventing the Democrats from re-investigating until they get the results they want.

No Double Jeopardy, Sorry, Not Sorry,

But what really frightens them to their core is that their own followers are seeing the Truth about the Left's failed coup and other dirty deeds and all but the die-hards are walking away.

In 2020, President Trump will win re-election, that is pretty much certain at this point. However what will really be interesting to watch is how many seats in congress the Democrats lose, The President may very well be correct when he predicted that Republicans will retake the house!

The best part of it all will be after the election when they are forced to realize that the American People actually despise what these idiots have done to the Democrat Party.
I'm hoping they have this wrapped up before the election. It will be a damaging tool,especially if Biden is the nominee.
May 21, 2019, 04:05 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000
I'm hoping they have this wrapped up before the election. It will be a damaging tool,especially if Biden is the nominee.
I'm sure most of the truth bombs are waiting for 2020 election, on both sides.

Though I'm pretty sure which side has the biggest bombs.
May 21, 2019, 04:08 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
rcposter's Avatar
They know this whole collusion story against Trump might backfire at any moment revealing actual collusion between the Clinton campaign and Ukrainian AND Russian oligarchs, so the “it was his idea” BS is kicking into high gear.

I can’t hold it against conservatives that they get some schadenfreude from these developments, but there are dark days ahead as more and more liberal Democratic faithful come to terms with the great damage done to our cause over the last 25 years by the party they supported and counted on. The choice between liberalism/honorable politics and the Democratic Party is become undeniable, and the subsequent reckoning will be uncomfortable to say the least. It will likely take their upcoming loss in 2020 before things begin to turn around for liberalism in America.
May 21, 2019, 04:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter
They know this whole collusion story against Trump might backfire at any moment revealing actual collusion between the Clinton campaign and Ukrainian AND Russian oligarchs, so the “it was his idea” BS is kicking into high gear.

I can’t hold it against conservatives that they get some schadenfreude from these developments, but there are dark days ahead as more and more liberal Democratic faithful come to terms with the great damage done to our cause over the last 25 years by the party they supported and counted on. The choice between liberalism/honorable politics and the Democratic Party is become undeniable, and the subsequent reckoning will be uncomfortable to say the least. It will likely take their upcoming loss in 2020 before things begin to turn around for liberalism in America.
The democratic party is really two parties right now, liberals and socialists united under the banner of orange man bad.

The sane democrats need to excise the radicals from their party, but that won't really happen until Trump is no longer something they can unite against, so sometime in 2024..
May 22, 2019, 08:37 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Cyberdactyl's Avatar
In the freaky world of the crazy Dems nothing would surprise me.

Who knows, we might come to learn the tarmac visit was some surreal combination of the structuring of the "no intent" gambit for Comey to sell to another Lewinsky dry-cleaning invoice.
May 22, 2019, 08:50 PM
The QuadFather
propflux01's Avatar
You know what they say about glass houses and stones...
May 22, 2019, 09:34 PM
Seriously?
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
The democratic party has become a freak show of mental derangement. Their ability to understand reality has been lost and the damage is just now beginning. As the truth of what obama and his administration did unfolds, the damage to them and America will become more and more apparent.

This will be an historic event.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion McCabe slams Loretta Lynch, says Clinton probe should have gone to specia Dave Barrow Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 Feb 19, 2019 06:15 PM
Discussion New Senate Discovery Blows Holes in Loretta Lynch’s Story On the Hillary Probe kenpoprofessor Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 Jul 08, 2017 06:33 PM
Discussion Loretta Lynch to Be Probed By Senate Cyberdactyl Life, The Universe, and Politics 22 Jun 24, 2017 10:56 AM
Discussion Top Democrat calls for investigation of Loretta Lynch’s Clinton probe kenpoprofessor Life, The Universe, and Politics 8 Jun 12, 2017 04:08 PM
Discussion Bill Clinton has meeting with AG Loretta Lynch. Mopar 512 Life, The Universe, and Politics 60 Jul 03, 2016 03:20 PM