This thread is privately moderated by Plane Crazee, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 21, 2019, 04:27 AM
Trader Rating: 49
Thread OP
$25.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
Sold

Cox Tee Dee 049 & spare GloBee Head

Please read so you have a good idea what you are getting I haven't run this, but I might later today. It feels like it might be a good one. It has great compression. The spare low compression head was on the engine when I got it. I replaced it with a good high compression TD head. It had 3 gaskets, now it has two new ones plus a new one for the globee. The cylinder has a gooey castor oil residue that washes off. It's not burnt-on crusty oil. I wiped one side of the block with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol and it cleans right off. This will be a pretty nice looking engine If you take a few minutes and clean it. A spare GloBee racing head plus the low compression head is included. Both glow fine. The last picture is the globee with the battery connected taken in the dark. Prop is 5-1/2" tornado and is used. THE BLACK PLASTIC CARB HOUSING IS CRACKED and I can see someone put a drop of what looks like epoxy or ca on it. The Venturi screws in an out fine but I think the plastic should really be replaced. I think they are 4 or 5 bucks and can probably be found on eBay. Please use regular PayPal “pay for an item” so I can pay for, and print a shipping label. $25 and free shipping to mainland
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2019, 07:21 AM
Trader Rating: 119
Bayou_City_Boy
Pm'ed you.
Latest blog entry: Hurricane Harvey Flood
May 21, 2019, 08:31 AM
Trader Rating: 44
cat herder
Put me second in line please.
May 24, 2019, 03:53 PM
Thread OP
Don, I can’t find your email
Did you still want this engine?
Thanks
Gene
May 24, 2019, 07:46 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
Still want it.
PMed you.
May 25, 2019, 07:11 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
I saw your pics of the spare parts for the 049 stuff. I have a lot of that stuff already too. I was kind of hoping for some one mufflers and some 020 mufflers or throttle rings. Let me know what we need to do to get the TD over to me.
May 27, 2019, 05:01 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Don! Payment for TD received yesterday. Will ship tomorrow (after Memorial Day)
PS: I don’t think I have ever had any .020 mufflers. If you find two I will take one! Maybe try eBay? I will keep my eyes open though. I didn’t fly this weekend but weather permitting I will be flying next weekend and ask the club members if they have any 020 stuff they are willing to part with. Have a safe holiday buddy.
Gene

Quick Reply