Quote:
Originally Posted by bandetlol
You got tornadowned.
Literally....
May 21, 2019, 11:10 AM
They call me Crash!
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflux01
April 27th, 2014. High end EF 4. Direct strike of my house. Took me up inside, I donít know how high, just remember I kept feeling lift. for what felt like 5 minutes. Felt something go through my knee, then dropped me. Blew me along the ground for about 100 feet then took me up for round two. Came back down, hit either debris, or a rock. Woke up and Storm was gone. Had a piece of wood stuck in my knee. Found wife about 30 feet away broken up pretty bad, my son, was about the same distance in another direction. He did not survive. We did what we were supposed to, in the bathroom, with most the walls, covered ourselves, etc. when it wants you, it takes you. .

Letís just say my outlook on them is much different than it was before.
Geez....sorry to hear about your son. That is terrible. You and your wife are very lucky to be alive. What part of the country? No warning sirens?
May 21, 2019, 12:11 PM
The QuadFather
Arkansas. We had warning but no place to go. We didn’t realise until too late the direction and severity.
May 21, 2019, 12:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Having been actually swept up inside one, I will tell you, itís no picnic... it will scare the out of you...
Yeah man....been there done that....never get caught not paying attention when the line comes my way...never again. 4 of my neighbors were killed....within a stones throw of where I was....not a scratch on me...lost the condo i was in and my truck.
May 21, 2019, 12:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
April 27th, 2014. High end EF 4. Direct strike of my house. Took me up inside, I don’t know how high, just remember I kept feeling lift. for what felt like 5 minutes. Felt something go through my knee, then dropped me. Blew me along the ground for about 100 feet then took me up for round two. Came back down, hit either debris, or a rock. Woke up and Storm was gone. Had a piece of wood stuck in my knee. Found wife about 30 feet away broken up pretty bad, my son, was about the same distance in another direction. He did not survive. We did what we were supposed to, in the bathroom, with most the walls, covered ourselves, etc. when it wants you, it takes you. .

Let’s just say my outlook on them is much different than it was before.
My condolences sir....wow... I have always felt like I dodged a bullet...got hit by lightning and walked away....changed my life....not near to the extent that yours was....but it changed me for sure.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...ery-mayor-says
May 21, 2019, 01:55 PM
The QuadFather
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyboy2
My condolences sir....wow... I have always felt like I dodged a bullet...got hit by lightning and walked away....changed my life....not near to the extent that yours was....but it changed me for sure.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...ery-mayor-says
Thank you. Dodged a bullet is an understatement! Remind me to stay away from you during a thunderstorm! I wouldnít be as lucky, my ass would get struck!
May 21, 2019, 03:04 PM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
April 27th, 2014. High end EF 4. Direct strike of my house. Took me up inside, I donít know how high, just remember I kept feeling lift. for what felt like 5 minutes. Felt something go through my knee, then dropped me. Blew me along the ground for about 100 feet then took me up for round two. Came back down, hit either debris, or a rock. Woke up and Storm was gone. Had a piece of wood stuck in my knee. Found wife about 30 feet away broken up pretty bad, my son, was about the same distance in another direction. He did not survive. We did what we were supposed to, in the bathroom, with most the walls, covered ourselves, etc. when it wants you, it takes you. .

Letís just say my outlook on them is much different than it was before.
Sorry to hear of such problems for you, fella!

Life can be a Bitch!

It does remind of us what Mother Nature can do when she gets her dander up!
May 21, 2019, 04:58 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Quote:
Arkansas. We had warning but no place to go. We didnít realise until too late the direction and severity.
Thatís a terrible story. How old was your son? I know it must be unimaginable pain regardless of their age.
May 21, 2019, 05:07 PM
The QuadFather
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
Thatís a terrible story. How old was your son? I know it must be unimaginable pain regardless of their age.
He was 22. He had come to the house from college to have dinner with us.
May 21, 2019, 05:27 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Quote:
He was 22. He had come to the house from college to have dinner with us.
Really sorry to learn that, Prop.
May 21, 2019, 05:29 PM
The QuadFather
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
Really sorry to learn that, Prop.
Thank you, But it does lend a sort of respect for them now, At the same time, although unfortunately, I cannot take any kind of aggression on them.
May 22, 2019, 09:48 PM
They call me Crash!
https://www.greenwichtime.com/opinio...g-13866653.php

The mobs are ruining storm chasing

-Chase vehicles parked perpendicular to roads blocking major intersections

--Multiple chasers with red/blue police lights "pulling over" others to clear their path to the storm; in 70 mph winds and egg-sized hail and less than a mile from a tornado, this could have been deadly

--Traffic jams 200 cars deep

--Chasers parking on/in the road to take pictures, blocking traffic

--Chasers barreling down a one-lane road at 90 mph

--Chasers driving on the wrong side of the road

The dangers speak for themselves.

Quick Reply