May 20, 2019, 10:10 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

CCS app will not communicate with bump controller

It looks like this issue has been discussed. However I have not found a solution that has fixed my problem. So I will put it out again.

Bump Controller updated to latest firmware.

DP8 Dual chargers. Bump controller works perfectly controlling chargers.

In bluetooth screen on android tablet it sees revolectrix. When attempt to connect is made, bump controller shows connecting and then shows disconnecting. Bump controller never connects via blue tooth to android tablet. Close or far away yields same results.
Have done the app permissions thing, and allowed everything. Absolutely no change in function.

What am I missing, and how do I fix it.

Thanks...
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2019, 11:04 AM
If you're within Android BT settings and attempt to connect (i.e., BT pair), it will ALWAYS fail.
The Bump Controller uses BT/LE and it does NOT require (or support) pairing - the Bump CCS app simply scans for Bump devices nearby and connects to them (without BT pairing step).
So within the Bump CCS app, if you go to <Menu> -> Devices -> Add Device -> Scan, it never shows any Bumps nearby ?

You must have Location/GPS enabled on your device, and you must allow the Location permission specifically for the Bump CCS app (you can do this in Android Settings -> Apps -> Permissions).

It's obviously possible that there's a hardware problem, but unlikely.
Easiest test is to just swap with a buddy who has a Bump and app - see if someone else's (known good) mobile device/app is able to scan and find your Bump.

What Android tablet are you using ? What Android version ??
May 24, 2019, 01:47 PM
Thread OP

tablet

Notebook Ares 8A. Have to look up

I will try when I have a chance on the long weekend.

I was under the impression that you could do firmware updates as well. If you are not using the Bluetooth to communicate, Then I am not sure how the communication is taking place?. I understand the bump tag portion though.
May 24, 2019, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva99
Notebook Ares 8A. Have to look up

I will try when I have a chance on the long weekend.

I was under the impression that you could do firmware updates as well. If you are not using the Bluetooth to communicate, Then I am not sure how the communication is taking place?. I understand the bump tag portion though.
It uses Bluetooth - its just the newer Low Energy (LE) variety which doesn't require pairing.
Yes, in addition to live setup/control, you can also do firmware updates of the Bump Controller and even the attached PL chargers over the Bluetooth link.
May 24, 2019, 04:10 PM
Thread OP

communicating with CC's app on Android tablet.

After getting home from work, I turned on all location services. App still does not find devices. So that did not work. What next??

There is no one at the field to try it out.
May 25, 2019, 06:30 AM
Thread OP

communicating with CC's app on Android tablet.

After getting home from work, I turned on all location services. The controller and app will work with my phone but not the tablet.

When you hit the scan button on the tablet in the app, nothing happens. The Bluetooth is working in the tablet,. Since it finds neighboring devices. Yes, I remember what you said about not pairing in the tablet.

The issue of the Bluetooth connecting and disconnecting is not an issue after updating the bump firmware last night with a new update. It communicates on my Android phone

But I do not want to use my phone. The whole point of this was using the tablet.

Looking for a solution??
Jun 03, 2019, 08:16 PM
Thread OP

Tablet Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by revokelly
if you're within android bt settings and attempt to connect (i.e., bt pair), it will always fail.
The bump controller uses bt/le and it does not require (or support) pairing - the bump ccs app simply scans for bump devices nearby and connects to them (without bt pairing step).
So within the bump ccs app, if you go to <menu> -> devices -> add device -> scan, it never shows any bumps nearby ?

You must have location/gps enabled on your device, and you must allow the location permission specifically for the bump ccs app (you can do this in android settings -> apps -> permissions).

It's obviously possible that there's a hardware problem, but unlikely.
Easiest test is to just swap with a buddy who has a bump and app - see if someone else's (known good) mobile device/app is able to scan and find your bump.

What android tablet are you using ? What android version ??

nextbook ares 8a android version 7.1.1 model nx16aa8116kp

Quick Reply