May 20, 2019, 07:00 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Les (Laszlo) Horwath wing identification?

Greetings all,

I have posted the following in the Flying Wing section, but the people thers suggested that the Slope section would be a better one where to ask. I hope that the re-post is not against the rules.

Greetings all,

as I returning to R/C flying and discovering that I have a nice slope just about 15 minutes walk, I dug out cores for a flying wing that a few years ago I had cut by Les Horwath based on recommendation of some San Diego slope flyers. I understand that it was his own design.

Unfortunately, the cores are all that I have so I was wondering if some of you either would recognize the wing and give me construction details or some experienced scratch builders could determined those for me.

I have taken some measurements and pictures if they would be of any help:
Panel span: 648 mm
Root chord: 271.5mm
Tip chord: 160 mm
Sweep: 257 mm

Kindest regards,

M

I just want to add that my main aim is to understand how to build the wing, i.e., where the components (servos, receiver, batter) be, where to put spar, atc.

Kindest regards,

M
Last edited by mefistofelez; May 20, 2019 at 10:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2019, 09:08 AM
You can use a Kato symmetrical wing as a reference point,

...for your construction. Battery is buried upfront, half in each core. Servos and Rx compartment should be visible in this picture.

Good luck
May 22, 2019, 01:28 PM
Thread OP
Hi chip.greely,

thank you for your reply. I will try to find a plan for the Kato how it is built.

Kindest regards,

M
May 22, 2019, 10:31 PM
Kato Build Instructions and Build Thread

May 23, 2019, 05:16 PM
Thread OP
Hi ghip.greely,

yep, found it last night. ;-)

Kindest regards,

M

Quick Reply