May 20, 2019, 11:11 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG
It's a small world.
Globalisation mate.
May 20, 2019, 12:09 PM
“So this is how liberty dies… with thunderous applause” (0 min 39 sec)

May 20, 2019, 12:47 PM
Free my speech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie
Globalisation mate.
Yeah, not good. Not likely we will stop it even if it's been slowed down.
May 20, 2019, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor
So, you knew exactly to who and what I referred, done. And honestly, I'd bet 90% or more of the world doesn't know who either of those people are.

Clyde
I doubt it. 1.4 billions of Chinese know who is Mao, and then more. As for Pol Pot many people know who he is. All the people who I know I’m france will be able to tell you exactly who is Mao and will be able to spell his first name correctly.
I’d say at least 80% of the globe will be able to tell who is Mao and at least 50% Pol Pot.
But back to the subject I fail to see any common point about how those guys came to power.
Last edited by Pitounet; May 20, 2019 at 02:04 PM.
May 20, 2019, 01:59 PM
//////////
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG
Yeah, not good. Not likely we will stop it even if it's been slowed down.
Resistance is futile Ray
May 20, 2019, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
You have obviously never visited Switzerland
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_...#Crime_by_type

Yes, a country with lax gun control laws has low crime rates.

I WONDER WHY??

And I wonder what will happen when only criminals have guns??? HMMMMMM complex question!! how can I ever figure this conundrum out?
May 20, 2019, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitounet
I doubt it. 1.4 billions of Chinese know who is Mao, and then more. As for Pol Pot many people know who he is. All the people who I know Iím france will be able to tell you exactly who is Mao and will be able to spell his first name correctly.
Iíd say at least 80% of the globe will be able to tell who is Mao and at least 50% Pol Pot.
But back to the subject I fail to see any common point about how those guys came to power.
And this does not surprise me.

Clyde
May 20, 2019, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandetlol
Yes, a country with lax gun control laws has low crime rates.

I WONDER WHY??

And I wonder what will happen when only criminals have guns??? HMMMMMM complex question!! how can I ever figure this conundrum out?
They are way tighter than the USAs, but the USAs crime rate is far higher, I wonder why?

The UK has a far lower murder rate than the USA, very few guns about here?
May 20, 2019, 02:22 PM
Quote:
They are way tighter than the USAs, but the USAs crime rate is far higher, I wonder why?

The UK has a far lower murder rate than the USA, very few guns about here?
1. We are talking about Switzerland, not UK. Switzerland has pretty high gun ownership, about 5x as high as UK.

2. Look up crime rates by ethnicity. European countries are a LOT less diverse than the U.S... Maybe diversity isn't a strength?
May 20, 2019, 02:24 PM
Quote:
We are talking about Switzerland, not UK. Switzerland has pretty high gun ownership.

You are just rambling about things that aren't even relevant to the topic.
Ha, ha, ha, just following your line of argument.

Sorry if it kicks yours out of the park
May 20, 2019, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Ha, ha, ha, just following your line of argument.

Sorry if it kicks yours out of the park
You didn't make an argument.

Did you know 50% of the crime is commited by 13% of the population in the united states?
May 20, 2019, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor
And this does not surprise me.

Clyde
I really struggle to understand what you say.
Hitler came to power democratically. He was greatly helped by armed militias which destabilized the German democracy. Once he arrived to power he pushed forward laws which reduced gun control or abrogated previous anti gun laws. Hitler was not afraid of German citizens, it is quite the opposite, he was extremely popular. He was quite happy with his population being largely armed.
Stalin went in power by stealing Lennin’s heritage. That was unfortunate for the Russians. . Not that Lennin was exactly a someone you would like as a friend, but Stallin was just psychotic. When Stall in went in power The dictature was already developed. If you want to discuss the role of arm control or rather lack of arm control in the bolchevik revolution we can proceed.
Mao went in power after a civile war. Arguably the issue during civil wars is not the lack of arms but the abundance of them. And last but not least, if you consider the people to be the good guys and the government to be the bad guys, then in the Chinese revolution, the good guys won since they kicked the but of the bad guys (legal government with the remaining of its army) to exile itself to Taiwan.
Last edited by Pitounet; May 20, 2019 at 03:29 PM.
May 20, 2019, 03:00 PM
Quote:
You didn't make an argument.

Did you know 50% of the crime is commited by 13% of the population in the united states?
100 % of the crime in the UK is carried out by criminals.

Beat that one!!!!
May 20, 2019, 03:08 PM
//////////
Thread OP

Must be a slow day at the digging site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitounet
I really struggle to understand what you say.
Hitler came to power democratically. He was greatly helped by armed militias which destabilized the German democracy. Once he arrived to power he pushed forward laws which reduced gun control or abrogated previous anti gun laws. Hitler was not afraid of German citizens, it is quite the opposite, he was extremely popular. He was quite happy with his population being largely armed.
Stalin went in power by stealing Lenninís heritage. That was unfortunate for the Russians. . Not that Lennin was exactly a someone you would like as a friend, but Stallin was just psychotic. When Stall in went in power The dictature was already developed. If you want to discuss the role of arm control or rather lack of arm control in the bolchevik revolution we can proceed.
Mao went in power after a civile war. Arguably the issues during civil wars is not the lack of arms but the opposite. And las but not least, if you consider the people to be the good guys and the government to be the bad guys, then in the Chinese revolution, the good guys won since they kicked the but of the bad guys (legal government with the remaining of its army) to exile itself to Taiwan.
He is just trying to drag you down his own hole, have you seen the number of SPAM threads he started today
Last edited by coriolan; May 20, 2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply