May 22, 2019, 01:35 PM
Multirotor geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer
And yet the Swiss have overwhelmingly voted for it, with their referendum results being supported by both their executive and legislative branches of government.
They don't have a 2nd Amendment do they??

Clyde
May 22, 2019, 02:36 PM
No Country for Snowflake Men
Quote:
Punkie merely pointed out the Swiss were letting their population decide. 64% of them voted for stricter gun laws. The gun nuts lost.

I merely pointed out that recent polling suggests a similar number (67%) of Americans also support stricter laws.
I'm glad you agree with me that bringing up the US in a thread about the Swiss is an attempt to derail it.
May 22, 2019, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie
Which of my posts derailed the thread?
My first was on topic.
It was, until the snide quip.
May 22, 2019, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
So punkie derails the thread, sport flyer piles on, and you two complain about Dave...brilliant.
I wasnít gonna say it (that and I wanted to go out to dinner), but itís funny how the contrarian peanut gallery work together.
May 22, 2019, 05:45 PM
Quote:
And yet the Swiss have overwhelmingly voted for it, with their referendum results being supported by both their executive and legislative branches of government.
Meh, when the Muslims get uppity, they will want-and get all the guns they need.
May 22, 2019, 06:43 PM
Free my speech
Quote:
I'm glad you agree with me that bringing up the US in a thread about the Swiss is an attempt to derail it.
He's one of many Canadians that also think gun crime will go away if legal law abiding owners give up theirs. He doesn't see the failing courts that let these thugs go through revolving doors.

Until they fix the backlogs, it will only increase no matter what law you pass.
May 22, 2019, 07:34 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell
I wasnít gonna say it (that and I wanted to go out to dinner), but itís funny how the contrarian peanut gallery work together.
The one who smelt it, dealt it.
May 22, 2019, 11:28 PM
Suspended Account

Don't go hungry

Quote:
As long as the fisherman who continues to catch no fish by baiting his hook with the same bait, with which he repeatedly yields the same result. Then he is not considered a fisherman.

Is there perhaps something else you may be good at?
May 23, 2019, 12:01 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Quote:
It was, until the snide quip.
The post was on topic, not my problem if you guys wanted to go off on an unrelated tangent.

Why cant the right take responsibility for their own actions?
May 23, 2019, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam
Actually, nobody is attacking the 'freely made decision' - just pointing out the lies, no-plans, no-schedule, no-costings, restricted vote, disastrous handling, increased costs (already apparent) etc etc were not apparent at the time - and the majority voting to Leave was just 3.8%!

So, I guess you are for another Referendum, huh?
It is up to the UK people to decide on another referendum.

The UK referendum sounds about as honest and well thought out as the process to get EU to pass the Firearms Directive that the Swiss now must adopt.
May 23, 2019, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie
The post was on topic, not my problem if you guys wanted to go off on an unrelated tangent.

Why cant the right take responsibility for their own actions?
Well, it was you that took it off on a tangent and Norman and that other fella that was complaining so....

The right has no responsibility for you trying to derail a thread.
May 23, 2019, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borealis Sky
As long as the fisherman who continues to catch no fish by baiting his hook with the same bait, with which he repeatedly yields the same result. Then he is not considered a fisherman.

Is there perhaps something else you may be good at?
Well, you seem to keep responding, so there's that. Maybe the fisherman has gut hooked his fish after all.
May 23, 2019, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
Yeah! Hitler allowed all sorts of firearms in the Warsaw Ghetto, ....... Oh, wait a sec......
I’m afraid this argument doesn’t stick.
1 Warsaw is not in Germany, as a consequence it wasn’t under German laws. That in itself makes your argument quite weak.
2 The ghetto of Warsaw was the equivalent to a big prison. Even in the US, prisoners aren’t allowed to bring their weapons prison, there is no wonder the Nazis did the same and unarmed their prisoneers. The question is why those people were allowed to be in prison while their only crime was to be Jew or communists. Jews were 1% of the population and antisemitic feelings were strong in Europe. Even if they had arms fighting 1 against 100 would not have served them well.
As the Wikipedia article says, the only strength that was sufficiently armed and organized to fight the Nazi militia was the German army. Unfortunately it sided with the Nazis.
The Nazis is a good example that very bad things can happen when bad people have access to weapons and those bad people can be normal citizens.
May 23, 2019, 08:46 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitounet
Iím afraid this argument doesnít stick.
1 Warsaw is not in Germany, as a consequence it wasnít under German laws. That in itself makes your argument quite weak.
2 The ghetto of Warsaw was the equivalent to a big prison. Even in the US, prisoners arenít allowed to bring their weapons prison, there is no wonder the Nazis did the same and unarmed their prisoneers. The question is why those people were allowed to be in prison while their only crime was to be Jew or communists. Jews were 1% of the population and antisemitic feelings were strong in Europe. Even if they had arms fighting 1 against 100 would not have served them well.
As the Wikipedia article says, the only strength that was sufficiently armed and organized to fight the Nazi militia was the German army. Unfortunately it sided with the Nazis.
The Nazis is a good example that very bad things can happen when bad people have access to weapons and those bad people can be normal citizens.
I'm sure the residents of the Ghetto appreciate your distinction.
May 24, 2019, 04:33 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Quote:
Well, it was you that took it off on a tangent and Norman and that other fella that was complaining so....

The right has no responsibility for you trying to derail a thread.
My post was on topic.

Quick Reply