May 19, 2019, 07:51 AM
Thread OP
New Product

SonicModell Binary 1200mm EPO Twin Motor Multirole FPV Platform (Official)

We all love twin-engine planes, don’t we?: They look cool in the sky, sound great and satisfy that folk tale in the back of our brains (which is completely true), that “if one engine fails, we have more chances to make it home than with a single-engine aircraft”.
This is the first time that SonicModell releases a plane based on requirements from private and government organizations to the hobby community.
That’s right, Binary wasn’t born for the FPV enthusiasts, but for the people that flies every day UAVs for a living. Many of those organizations were flying several type of airframes (usually extremely large) and approached us with a list of requirements for a plane, that can not only be used for their missions, but also to train new pilots.They needed something easier to carry, fully featured, and with lower risk in case of a crash.Yes, huge, heavy birds they do their job, but in the words of some of the pro pilots: “We do a lot of our missions over urban terrain... if an 8Kg UAV will hit your head while your walking to work, your day will be ruined... Having said that, we cannot compromise performance and features.They all should be there”.
Having that in mind and for the lapse of one year, we created several prototypes, until we got the perfect balance in every area without compromises. As we’re writing this, Binary has been adopted as a quick deployment UAV by 4 different government organizations, 3 private companies (Mapping, Security survey and Sea life watch). According to their records, in total, Binary has more than 375 successful missions (with no planes lost so far), hundreds of hours of training for rookie pilots and has been proven in the hardest conditions.
Now it’s time to release her to the FPV community.This document is the introductory view for the BNY-1, variant of the Binary airframe, optimized for mass production, aimed to professionals and hobby pilots.

FEATURES:

Powerful twin-motor configuration, specially designed for long range FPV with huge payload capabilities. Carefully considered detachable system for the main wing, easy to assemble in just a few minutes. Removable motor and ESC hatch for easy maintenance and part replacement.
Ailerons, flaps and elevator with built-in carbon fiber rods for extra reinforcement.
Multi-camera nose mount to accommodate virtually ANY FPV / HD camera in the market.
Extra flexible belly mapping camera bay, with great DIY possibilities. Ideal for survey and dual-camera setups.
Tons of room inside the fuselage for more FPV gear and bigger batteries, reinforced by carbon fiber strips along the fuselage.
Clean and clever internal design will let you decide exactly where you want to place your gear for minimum interference.
Modular designed landing gear, easy to attach and detach, makes takeoff and landings much easier.
CG bumps under the main wing.
Optional DUSK lighting system, with 3-position PMW control: OFF / NAV lights / NAV lights + Landing lights.
High-impact plastic protection in case you don’t want to use a landing gear.
Detachable clear front canopy for better aerodynamics.
Fully functional pre-moulded flaps.

KIT Version includes:
KIT SonicModell Binary include all EPO parts / hardware / carbon fiber tubes, SEA RESCUE stickers, belly protection but not including landing gear, LED light system, power combo, mapping camera dock.

SPECS:

Brand Name: SonicModell
Item Name: SonicModell Binary
Material: High Quality EPO
Wingspan: 1200mm (47.24")
Length: 953mm (37.52")
Recommended Optimized Power Combo (not included) Motor: 2212-1100KV * 2
ESC: 40A w/5V 3A BEC * 2
Servos: 9g metal gear * 6
Prop: 3-blade 8*4.5 * 2
Flying speed: 30-110+km/h
Recommended Battery:
4S 3000-5400mah (not included)

Pre-order now:

https://www.banggood.com/Sonicmodell...r_warehouse=CN

SonicModell - Binary: Official intro (5 min 35 sec)

SonicModell - Binary: First Flight with Insta360 (4 min 10 sec)

SonicModell - Binary: A bit of a talk (13 min 53 sec)

https://youtu.be/O7bHj-557Cw

SonicModell - Binary: iNAV auto take off and sea patrolling (3 min 26 sec)
Last edited by SonicModell; Jul 07, 2019 at 09:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2019, 08:37 AM
AutoPilot .
cool little twin , pre ordered mine
May 19, 2019, 09:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpina
cool little twin , pre ordered mine
Thanks man! You're really fast!
May 19, 2019, 09:28 AM
AutoPilot .
can i have camo one , look awsome ?
May 19, 2019, 10:03 AM
This is a ... pixhawk dedicated model, i think.
A inav FC will not be able to make use of flaps, or if it does, i don't know how to do that ...

I do think that use of flaps will be needed if one make this AUW above some certain threshold.
May 19, 2019, 10:48 AM
Beautiful! I want one! I have been having so much fun with my SkyHunters but a twin is special!
May 19, 2019, 11:40 AM
The Dart XLE is a simpler FPV rig with just 2 servos and one motor, and in spite of that, it generated a lot of ... discussions and debates related to its flight characteristics ...

Talon GT Rebel, another simpler FPV rig, this time a bit more complex - because it have 4 servos, generated another wave of debates regarding .... those down-facing tail fins, some mishaps with the stock motors due to some manufacturing error - which ZOHD solved in most of the cases by replacing the replacing the stock motor ... and the higher price tag of the plane itself - which seems to be forbidden to be applied by Chinese manufactures or something (i don't really understand).

Along side the fact that i'm very curious to see how are gonna be the efficiency numbers of this plane - in terms of amp draw vs speed in straight and level constant flights ... i'm also curious to see how and what are gonna say some of those ... let call them rc pro pilots ...
I ... have to tell one thing that ... i wish SonicModell would have implemented to this plane: hinges for command surfaces, especially for ailerons and elevator - which are gonna see the most of the "action". Rudder can be ... replaced by using differential thrust for the motors ... yet, for some aerial working tasks that might not be enough.
To me, this plane seems like a very long-endurance aerial working platform.
I ... don't know yet how suitable will this rig be for doing long-range FPV rides, because in my book, a plane suitable for long-range flight must fly efficiently (while drawing under 9Amps (4S packs) at a sustained air-speed above 70kmh. The faster - the better, if the amp draw remains under 10Amps.
However, with the stock 8x4,5 3 blades prop, this plane will draw around 9,8Amps for 77kmh air-speed - estimated with ecalc. However, this plane with the recommended power kit at 61kmh and stock props, this plane will draw 5Amps at 61kmh ... which will put it into very-efficient rigs place.
Of course, i know that Ecalc is just an estimate, and the real-life data might be different, but ... its a start.
May 19, 2019, 11:56 AM
Looks good. Will a PNP option be available in the near future?
May 19, 2019, 01:05 PM
AutoPilot .
PaunFd are your calculation with or without landing gear ?
May 19, 2019, 03:12 PM
Quote:
PaunFd are your calculation with or without landing gear ?
That's good one!

I'm trying to think a bit ahead to see if ... and how this plane will suit my flying needs ...
Of course i'm guesstimating ... and doing educated guesses, which no matter what, until i either see it flying on one of my friend's hands or i lay my hands on it, still remains - guesses!
May 20, 2019, 01:10 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
can i have camo one , look awsome ?
It's coming with the "SEA RESCUE" Stickers but this expo is very easy to pains, or you can use vinyl too.
May 20, 2019, 01:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudix
Beautiful! I want one! I have been having so much fun with my SkyHunters but a twin is special!
Thank Rudix, Twins are always pretty girls!
May 20, 2019, 01:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaunFD
The Dart XLE is a simpler FPV rig with just 2 servos and one motor, and in spite of that, it generated a lot of ... discussions and debates related to its flight characteristics ...

Talon GT Rebel, another simpler FPV rig, this time a bit more complex - because it have 4 servos, generated another wave of debates regarding .... those down-facing tail fins, some mishaps with the stock motors due to some manufacturing error - which ZOHD solved in most of the cases by replacing the replacing the stock motor ... and the higher price tag of the plane itself - which seems to be forbidden to be applied by Chinese manufactures or something (i don't really understand).

Along side the fact that i'm very curious to see how are gonna be the efficiency numbers of this plane - in terms of amp draw vs speed in straight and level constant flights ... i'm also curious to see how and what are gonna say some of those ... let call them rc pro pilots ...
I ... have to tell one thing that ... i wish SonicModell would have implemented to this plane: hinges for command surfaces, especially for ailerons and elevator - which are gonna see the most of the "action". Rudder can be ... replaced by using differential thrust for the motors ... yet, for some aerial working tasks that might not be enough.
To me, this plane seems like a very long-endurance aerial working platform.
I ... don't know yet how suitable will this rig be for doing long-range FPV rides, because in my book, a plane suitable for long-range flight must fly efficiently (while drawing under 9Amps (4S packs) at a sustained air-speed above 70kmh. The faster - the better, if the amp draw remains under 10Amps.
However, with the stock 8x4,5 3 blades prop, this plane will draw around 9,8Amps for 77kmh air-speed - estimated with ecalc. However, this plane with the recommended power kit at 61kmh and stock props, this plane will draw 5Amps at 61kmh ... which will put it into very-efficient rigs place.
Of course, i know that Ecalc is just an estimate, and the real-life data might be different, but ... its a start.
Thanks for the insight Paun. In some of the units (depending on the use) the hinges have been added. For most FPV pilots is not a huge deal since they're going to be flying inside a storm. In any case if someone need it, can be easily added. That's the beauty of a KIT you can plan the whole build before even getting it.
May 20, 2019, 01:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschoi_75
Looks good. Will a PNP option be available in the near future?
Well, getting the KIT + Power combo will give you a PNP plane (minus the work). This unit was intended from scratch to be a KIT since most people will do heavy mods on it. PNP could be an option for a future. Thanks for the comment!
May 20, 2019, 01:22 AM
Thread OP
Guys, I added some more pics at the bottom on the first post, you will see some other details. Also here you can download and INTRO doc with all the details:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LL...M2Dt27vE6jVRcR

Quick Reply