May 18, 2019, 09:00 PM
Thread OP
Alert

Hobby King Raven ( Possible Serious Issue )

Just a few days ago I pounded the ground with my HK Mini DLG Pro ..
It would seem the pod snapped , resulting in full down elevator on launch .
The Damage was ( ?? ) , thankfully centred on the carbon boom which took some serious damage .

I also have a hobbyking Raven DLG , which is developing a stress fracture in the same location the pod on the Mini DLG let go .

So I suggest you look at the pictures , and if you have a HK Mini DLG or Raven , you may want to examine it carefully .

to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2019, 05:42 AM
slats move, slots don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570
Just a few days ago I pounded the ground with my HK Mini DLG Pro.
It happens to my DLGs almost every week, that is part of the deal with a ultra light weight planes.

I break booms, smash pods, crack wings and break tail feathers.

None of which are a design fault, just pilot error.
May 22, 2019, 06:51 PM
Thread OP
Ultra - Light - Weight ?

My Elf might be those things ! , not sure I would describe HK DLG gliders as such .

Pilot Error ? , I might concur , in so far as possibly the wrong model was purchased .

Anyhow , my Raven has had the following :
Pod has been fibreglass'ed inside and out ..
Pod was epoxied in place to distribute launch load over a much larger area .

I expect the Vertical tail will need work next , and possibly the carbon boom ( Will need to keep an eye on the boom )

Quick Reply