May 26, 2019, 06:32 AM
You said this is new, and defective. Why are you messing with it? Return it.
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2019, 06:04 PM
Thread OP
That's what I said John. Banggood didn't want to send me a new one. They proposed to send me a new motor
May 27, 2019, 01:49 AM
The spare part replacement motor shows the pinion fitted.

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
May 27, 2019, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenk
I tried those screws. It's really tight and like you said I didn't want to destroy the frame so I stopped. I'll wait for the new motor arrived then I'll pry it out.

This is their response :

Thank you for your feedback regarding order 64828080 with the reference product 974729.

To change the motor is easy, just cut off the defective motor cables and connect them with the new motor cables with tape. For better connection, please burn off the insulator on the surface of wires.

Could you do that?
Wow, this is really turning into a bad experience for you.

First, they use the wrong type of Loctite, making the motor difficult to remove.
Then they cheap out and don't include a plug for the motor, and solder the wires directly to the board.

In my opinion they should send you an entire new heli, instead of suggesting that the customer "tape"
the wires together. Ridiculous.

This is one of the reasons why I buy most of my helicopters from my local hobby shop.
I don't think any of my Blade helis have motors soldered directly to the board, even my Nano CPs.
They might cost a little more, but you also usually get better materials and engineering.
(Of course not everyone is lucky enough to have a hobby shop 30 minutes away.)

Anyway, soldering is a valuable skill and you can use it to fix more than model helicopters, so it's
definitely worth learning . Once you see how easy it is, you might even enjoy it.

There many videos you can watch but in the end it really boils down to the right amount of heat
in the right area for the right amount of time, along with good quality solder and flux.

It's sort of like welding, but easier and safer.

Once while at a friend's house I used a screwdriver and the kitchen stove to fix my RC truck.
My toolbox had flux core solder, but I forgot my iron so I heated a screwdriver on the stove
and used it as an iron. Had to work quick.

Come to think of it, why not try that with the motor screws? You just might get the screws hot enough
to release the bond, and then you could quickly quench the area with a spray bottle of distilled water,
hopefully minimizing damage to the plastic frame.

P.S. Don't burn down your house.
Last edited by Steve_; May 27, 2019 at 03:43 AM.
May 29, 2019, 03:09 AM
Thread OP
Banggood didn't want to send me a new one, They will refund $60 to me. I bought the RTF package for $84. I will buy a new motor or a BNF but I will not order from them anymore. Maybe Hobby King or Ebay. Anyone has a spare XK K110 to sell for me . Thanks.
May 29, 2019, 03:20 AM
Thread OP
I just check out at ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/XK-Blast-K1...wAAOSwP~tW6hOQ
I never bought merchandise from Ebay, shipped from China. Are they ok to buy?. Thanks.
May 29, 2019, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenk
Banggood didn't want to send me a new one, They will refund $60 to me. I bought the RTF package for $84.

Sounds like a win, unless they expect you to ship the defective unit back to them.

As far as BG is concerned, you can't fully blame them for the bad experience. They didn't design/assemble it.
Almost all of my orders from BG arrived before the stated delivery date, and they only messed up one order out
of probably a dozen.

The problem is that they are so far away, when they do make a mistake, it takes almost 2 months to resolve.
Last edited by Steve_; May 29, 2019 at 09:07 AM.
May 29, 2019, 01:31 PM
If shipped from China, check the shipping delivery estimate time. could be months!
May 29, 2019, 01:46 PM
All my orders from BG in China have arrived well within the specified delivery period - normally within 14 days. I've never had a failed or incorrect delivery - their KST DS215MG servo prices were especially good at one time and I ordered several from them.

Quick Reply