Dec 10, 2019, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrow
Hola Gaspar, sorry if already answered....when is the TP forecast for availability?

Rob.
At this moment I expect around march, recently we decided to change the Gearbox to a higher reduction ratio to be able to move bigger propellers, and this is introducing an extra delay. Heli engine should be ready after Xmas, suppliers permitting...

Gaspar
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2019, 05:58 PM
used to build now i fly
what size prop is the new target to be used on this
Dec 10, 2019, 06:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefeet
what size prop is the new target to be used on this
+1

Prop size makes a deal difference, I would like to see some healthy RPMS. I like to hear that slight blade tip sound barrier crack when at full power, sounds amazing! Though I know it's a slight drop in efficiency, but the sound is amazing! If you guys find the sweet spot like THIS with a 3 or 4 blade prop, I wanna know!

Rc Spitfire Turboprop - Reno Racer (4 min 38 sec)
Last edited by Doom 3D; Dec 10, 2019 at 07:03 PM.
Dec 10, 2019, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaspar
Not possible, the turboprop engine has extra connections for the cooling and lube of the Gearbox. Plus diferent electronics.

Gaspar

Thank you Gaspar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dec 11, 2019, 02:33 AM
It is not a power output issue, our measures show that the power curve is very flat, have about same power turning at 6.000rpm than to 8.000 rpm. With current reduction ratio can drive a 26 x 10 prop (2 blade) at 6100RPM, that is about 7hp-5kw. Not bad for an engine that weight a little over 1kg. This measure matches design calculated power output, so we are getting the planned power. But during tests on the helicopter engine done last two weeks, have found that at same power output, the exhaust temperature of the turbojet section is lower in the heli because the second stage turbine turns faster. Lower exhaust temperature means lower fuel consumption and higher reliability. So we decided to build a new gearbox to change the gearbox ratio to an higher figure to have the engine running happier when turning big props. New gearbox design will allow 2 different ratios by only swapping 2 gears wheels, so, in theory, it would be possible to offer two options, one for applications in slow planes that move a big propeller, and another for planes that need smaller props at faster RPM. Don't think it will be necessary to have these 2 options, but would be possible if needed.

Gaspar
Last edited by Gaspar; Dec 11, 2019 at 02:37 AM. Reason: typo
Dec 11, 2019, 07:37 AM
used to build now i fly
wow upto 8000 rpm on that large of a prop is wonderful..

please take note many will use this for tow plane on gliders putting a large pull on the output shaft and will be loading the prop on climb out pulling the gliders.. i know this is a weak point in many gas twins in use now but it works only for so long and shortens the life of the crank ending in a failure after 200 hours or so in gas use.

hope to see the rnr time for service go to 50 hours also.........
Dec 11, 2019, 11:09 AM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
The X45 has been ordered . I'm happy to finally be using one of these. Thanks Gaspar and Keith.
Dec 11, 2019, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
The X45 has been ordered . I'm happy to finally be using one of these. Thanks Gaspar and Keith.
My Pleasure!
Dec 11, 2019, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the X45 Club Tommy!
Dec 11, 2019, 03:17 PM
Thanks!
Dec 12, 2019, 12:35 PM
Hi Gaspar, I have a few questions regarding the telemetry module (after selecting the appropriate telemetry unit for the brand radio):

1. If I decide to use a FrSky radio, do you have the LUA script available for the X10S/X12S radio that has a color screen (different than the Taranis X9D that has a monochrome screen)?

2. If I use a Spektrum radio such as the new iX20 or iX12, is there any reason those are not compatible with the telemetry module compared to the monochrome screens like the DX series radios.
Dec 12, 2019, 01:01 PM
Multifaceted Heli Nut
I can help on the FrSky question: Yes, the script is available and seems to work very well.

Canít help at all on the Spektrum question...

Quote:
Hi Gaspar, I have a few questions regarding the telemetry module (after selecting the appropriate telemetry unit for the brand radio):

1. If I decide to use a FrSky radio, do you have the LUA script available for the X10S/X12S radio that has a color screen (different than the Taranis X9D that has a monochrome screen)?

2. If I use a Spektrum radio such as the new iX20 or iX12, is there any reason those are not compatible with the telemetry module compared to the monochrome screens like the DX series radios.
Dec 12, 2019, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-headcase
I can help on the FrSky question: Yes, the script is available and seems to work very well.

Can’t help at all on the Spektrum question...
Thank you . I was hoping there is a script for the X10S, as I only saw a video by Gaspar on YouTube using the FrSky X9D. I'll have to see if I can find some pics online of someone using the script on the X10 or X12.
Dec 12, 2019, 01:52 PM
Multifaceted Heli Nut
Iíll take a screen shot of mine if nobody else responds.

Quote:
Thank you . I was hoping there is a script for the X10S, as I only saw a video by Gaspar on YouTube using the FrSky X9D. I'll have to see if I can find some pics online of someone using the script on the X10 or X12.
Dec 12, 2019, 02:10 PM
Thank you!

Quick Reply