May 18, 2019, 02:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Introducing The New Xicoy X45 By Gaspar

Finally, what the jet guys want A gem by Gaspar at Xicoy Electronica.

High power Output:  45N  - 10lb
Extremely low residual thrust:  1,8N -0,4lb
Max RPM: 225.000
Minimum RPM: 60.000
Diameter: 60mm (same as p20 & 5mm less than T45&T50, 2.9mm less than k30)
Length: 165mm (Shorter than p20, T45,T50)
Engine weight: 398g including mounting strap and FOD filter. (Engine Only 380 Grams)
Installed weight: 470g (inc Engine, Pump, Hub, Filters and leads. Not inclusive of battery)
Fuel  Comsumption: 20g/min at idle.  140g/min or 4.7oz/min at full power.
Kerosene and Diesel fuel + 4% oil
Kerostart Ultra fast starting of 25 seconds.
Inflight Restart technology, typically half time than normal start.
Brushless fuel pump with integrated controller.
High speed Brushless starter motor.
All NEW Fully Integrated Ecu.
Telemetry for Jeti, Futaba, HoTT, MPX, PB Core, Spektrum, JR and FrSky. (optional module)
Fuel and FOD filter included.

Unlimited Verticals In Action!
Mini Xcalibur + Xicoy X45 engine (9 min 27 sec)

On the Stand
X45 Start & restart using diesel (2 min 35 sec)

http://www.xicoyturbines.com/

(€1500 Euro + Vat for Euro Union Or about $1680 USD) + Shipping

A Beast in a Tiny Package at a perfect price.
Last edited by Doom 3D; Jul 20, 2019 at 05:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2019, 04:14 PM
Looks great.

Don't quite know how a missed this one coming but if it delivers everything it promises for the early adopters will be hard for me to resist, it is everything a need in a 45n engine. K30 on steroids.
May 18, 2019, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar
Looks great.

Don't quite know how a missed this one coming but if it delivers everything it promises for the early adopters will be hard for me to resist, it is everything a need in a 45n engine. K30 on steroids.
Its much smaller and lighter than the k30, smaller even than the p20. So in it's own right, it's a baby BEAST.
Last edited by Doom 3D; May 18, 2019 at 04:36 PM.
May 18, 2019, 04:47 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Bingooooooooo....now that's a spicy piece of metal right there. This is a 45N engine in a significantly smaller package. Now IF they can provide reliable operation and IF they can handle the servicing in the USA well, I'll be buying more than one. This can be placed in lots of different airframes. It's about time.
May 18, 2019, 04:51 PM
oh! i have goose bumps, I am In!
only wish they placed the connectors inline with the turbine, would have made for a smaller form factor to install in cramped foamy coversions.
May 18, 2019, 05:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
Bingooooooooo....now that's a spicy piece of metal right there. This is a 45N engine in a significantly smaller package. Now IF they can provide reliable operation and IF they can handle the servicing in the USA well, I'll be buying more than one. This can be placed in lots of different airframes. It's about time.
Its made by Gaspar at JETSMUNTs!!! Service by Jetsmunt USA! That won't be a problem, he is one of the best in business. Haven't heard any horror stories like those from others nothing but positive. He and Keith reply to my emails within hours, this couldn't get any better.
May 18, 2019, 05:08 PM
I like the sound of this, thanks for the great info. Jetsmunt USA doesn't appear to have it for sale on their website. Do you happen to know if they plan to do so, or will this only be sold from overseas and be shipped here?
May 18, 2019, 05:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
I like the sound of this, thanks for the great info. Jetsmunt USA doesn't appear to have it for sale on their website. Do you happen to know if they plan to do so, or will this only be sold from overseas and be shipped here?
From what I've heard service and sales for the Xicoy turbines will be from JM USA and it's being setup. We will find out very soon what will be in the pipe. But regardless I know the current service setup alone will be hassle free.
May 18, 2019, 05:41 PM
If it's not going to take too long for JM USA to get it in stock, I'll wait to order from them instead of overseas.
May 18, 2019, 05:46 PM
Myself and I don't know how many others have been waiting for the swiwin 45 which I don't know if it's ever coming out this looks like it meets all those numbers and possibly beats of you except for price and that's by a very small margin. I spent my compact money on another project recently so hopefully we can get some good results and maybe this winter I can get one coming.
May 18, 2019, 06:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersparky
Myself and I don't know how many others have been waiting for the swiwin 45 which I don't know if it's ever coming out this looks like it meets all those numbers and possibly beats of you except for price and that's by a very small margin. I spent my compact money on another project recently so hopefully we can get some good results and maybe this winter I can get one coming.
Oh it doesn't possibly beat them, it does!
May 18, 2019, 06:13 PM
Yeah, after waiting and waiting for that SW45, I'm glad this X45 took the lead and will be realized instead. It's smaller and lighter, yet still packed in features. That could be a win all around.
May 19, 2019, 01:21 AM
I think we now know why the Swiwin 45 was shelved and new k45 never seen the light of day.
Last edited by raydar; May 19, 2019 at 01:48 AM.
May 19, 2019, 07:39 AM
used to build now i fly
gaspar just replied to my email asking to order one with this info.

"Hello Joe,

Thanks for your interest. Sales in USA will be managed by Keith Davies(JetsMunt turbines USA) so that he will take care of local service there.

We expect to ship the first units to USA in about 4 weeks, first 25pc are already booked to local and European customers, we want to keep the initial sales local for the case that we should do a software upgrade or a recall. "

i have contacted jetsmunt usa also asking to be placed on a pre order list for purchase when they arrive here for sale i will share that reply when it comes in...

now i can buy a sebart mb339 to go with it.............going small but smelling jet fuel sounds fun.

swiwin turbines are nice and run well but if they dont release things like the 45n when they tell us they have developed it for us then i move on to what is supported to our rc flyers like the k30 and now this xicoy with usa support and no body is arguing about who will handle support and such with this one so far.
Last edited by horsefeet; May 19, 2019 at 07:46 AM.
May 19, 2019, 10:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefeet
gaspar just replied to my email asking to order one with this info.

"Hello Joe,

Thanks for your interest. Sales in USA will be managed by Keith Davies(JetsMunt turbines USA) so that he will take care of local service there.

We expect to ship the first units to USA in about 4 weeks, first 25pc are already booked to local and European customers, we want to keep the initial sales local for the case that we should do a software upgrade or a recall. "

i have contacted jetsmunt usa also asking to be placed on a pre order list for purchase when they arrive here for sale i will share that reply when it comes in...

now i can buy a sebart mb339 to go with it.............going small but smelling jet fuel sounds fun.

swiwin turbines are nice and run well but if they dont release things like the 45n when they tell us they have developed it for us then i move on to what is supported to our rc flyers like the k30 and now this xicoy with usa support and no body is arguing about who will handle support and such with this one so far.
Sweet, I don't fault Gaspar for being conservative at first with sales, it will give him time to build more engines and be able to meet the demand for them. As for Jets Munt USA I've heard nothing but the best feedback that he is easy to contact, has quick turn-arounds given that he has the parts needed to service or repair the engine.

Quick Reply