May 17, 2019, 01:46 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Good news for soaring

Continue to fly safely as 99.9% have for the last 60 years and there won’t be any problem. I get so tired of reading the “Sky is Falling”. Any negative comments go elsewhere. This is a positive thread. Post pictures of a sailplane in a blue sky filled with puffy clouds.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2019, 02:03 PM
Hi

I'll get this Part ii started,

mind you Sometimes I wonder If talking about flying is promoting the on set of arthritis in my fingers
L140, Topaz, have been flying in the last hr.
BoT, Sagitta, Mirage, Cumic next

whacker
out flying in Tatamagouche
May 17, 2019, 02:12 PM
Can there be a rainbow too?
May 17, 2019, 02:29 PM
Great idea S2K . My scratch Aquila Grande will in fact be among the white puffys tomorrow .
Been waiting for a maiden for a very long time .
May 17, 2019, 02:36 PM
Thread OP
Nice Grande! Hoping my ASK-14 sees puffy cuís this fall.
May 17, 2019, 02:40 PM
Father of Fr3aK, DLG Pilot
Since I feel I contributed to the negativity in the other thread, I'll post several pics of airplane fun.
May 17, 2019, 02:57 PM
I agree, too much negativity. I don't have any pictures yet of it finished but maidened my Introduction this week. Man what a floater. My first 3m plane.
I intend to fly this evening and all weekend, weather looks okay, wife and daughter gone on Girl Scout campout. Free to fly, practicing for Mid South next weekend.

Name: IMG_4421.jpg
Views: 61
Size: 1.66 MB
Description:
May 17, 2019, 03:17 PM

High End

On tow at Fall Fest, then free to fly
May 17, 2019, 03:52 PM
I also am a guilty bastard on the other thread.

F3K club contest tomorrow. The NXT (designed by Nats CD, Tom Siler above) on the left is going to a new member. I just finished the orange NXT in the center last night. And the Concept X-5 on the right is going to be the main battle cruiser.

The Yellow Jacket on the far right is the #2 F3RES ship to the PURES V2 (not pictured) that won last time.

On the far left in the blue carry bags are F5J Xplorers; one specific to F5J and the other an F3J conversion to F5J which was fun to do and flies great. These will compete on Sunday in our club F5J contest.

“...when they pry my cold dead fingers off my transmitter” or something like that.

I’m proud to know you criminals
May 17, 2019, 04:04 PM
Great idea,..here go some images of seaside slope soaring on a blue sky. You might enjoy the following video that depicts well the coast.
Portugal visto do Céu - Best of my flights in 2015 - 4K Ultra HD (10 min 57 sec)
May 17, 2019, 05:43 PM
Thread OP
Thanks folks for “getting it” let’s see some more blue sky photos and videos. This is the Happy thread to get away from the “other”. How about this old photo of the ACTUAL Sagitta used for the original label? It’s a few seconds from heading into the big blue.
May 17, 2019, 06:26 PM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Good idea, Mr 2000. Just got done with a bit of after work DLG flying.

Ryan
May 17, 2019, 06:46 PM
Balsa breaks better
How positive can we get. Too windy or raining for the last month in my corner of the world but it has been GREAT weather for one of the few things that trumps soaring for me . . .

MOREL MUSHROOMS!!!!

Joe
May 17, 2019, 06:55 PM
Hey Joe , the rains bring the 'shrooms, I totally get it . They're their own food group in my opinion.
May 17, 2019, 06:58 PM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Man I really feel bad about having to inform Joe that the FDA announced some really restrictive mushroom picking regulations today...... luckily the Academy of Mushroom Admirerers has released a statement saying that the new FDA regs donít affect its membership.

Ryan

Quick Reply