This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 17, 2019, 12:42 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Sudden DLG Death Syndrome !

Yes , the HobbyKing Mini DLG pro suddenly died ...

I went to do a launch and boom it hit the ground ...

What it looks like is the POD snapped in two , pulling the elevator servo forward , giving the DLG full down elevator and Slam Dunsky into the ground .

The wing and tail surfaces are ok .

The boom is severely cracked where the wing mounts ..

The pod , well it's snapped in two ..

WOW !!!
Since the Raven has pretty much the same pod , and same weak plastic , I guess I have to worry !
This is very disconcerting !

Hobby King ! Bite me !

I am currently waiting on some thin Cyno , so will not attempt any repairs just yet .

POD REPAIR !!!

I guess I will just have to scratch the Dickens out of it , and then fibreglass it inside and out ..

CARBON TAIL BOOM !

Will Cyno do ? or do I need to glass it as well around the wing mounts !

Yes , this is very very disconcerting .
Do I repair the Raven before it does a ground pounding landing ? ( I just might have to )
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply