May 19, 2019, 08:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
Man this boat is going to be a screamer. Looks awesome too. I wonder since PB has apparently gotten the MG licensing again if any other boats will be released with it?

Just wondering, what would a full set of good lipos to run this boat at it’s full potential/voltage run you? I’m thinking close to, if not over, $150 for one set/pair (meaning, whatever is required for one run before a battery swap).
Pan, You will have to shell out at least $200.00 for (4) decent 3s packs I normally run some Gens Ace 5500's and they do decent. 89/90mph is my best speed using them in "Ole Yeller". The new Geico version has more powerful motors, so I'm sure more mph can be had with this version for the person who get's the right setup on it....
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2019, 10:34 AM
Product Developer-Pro Boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
Man this boat is going to be a screamer. Looks awesome too. I wonder since PB has apparently gotten the MG licensing again if any other boats will be released with it?

Just wondering, what would a full set of good lipos to run this boat at itís full potential/voltage run you? Iím thinking close to, if not over, $150 for one set/pair (meaning, whatever is required for one run before a battery swap).
Pro Boat never lost the GEICO licensing. We've been selling the little MG17 catamaran for years now which wouldn't be the case if it were lost. The MG 29 V3 went away because sales slowed down a lot, nothing more.

Best I saw with this boat stock with included unbalanced and unsharpened props was 84 mph. This was while tuning for what would be the box setup which I set up very conservatively. You can see how well the boat handles in the Horizon product video in less than flat water. I did this to make the boat easy to drive. No one wants a boat which will continually flip backward with a light headwind. Some very well prepared ABC equivalent props, raising the struts a hair to free up some friction and some good LiPos should see 90. I'd go to 1717 props before I went to 18 series props because this will require you to find a new strut setup for the larger props. With the stock setting, larger props may be too far out of the water and may have too much slip.
May 20, 2019, 11:45 AM
So happy you brought the Geico scheme back. Man I remember my buddies new 29" v2 he bought like 5 years ago, he's been out of boats for a while now so I showed him this. Jaw dropper to say the least. I think the bug bit him again while we ran a few of my boats on his pond over the weekend. Thinking he may pull the trigger on this thing at the end of summer. Rafael does the bare hull come with motor mounts?
May 20, 2019, 11:59 AM
I have V3 now I am going to have to add this one to my fleet.
Got to see the new paint Scheme at the Races this weekend., It’s beautiful.
May 20, 2019, 12:05 PM
One more pic
May 20, 2019, 06:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcasa
I have V3 now I am going to have to add this one to my fleet.
Got to see the new paint Scheme at the Races this weekend., It’s beautiful.
Super Sexy!!
Last edited by MADRCER; May 26, 2019 at 12:32 PM.
May 22, 2019, 04:54 PM

Miss Geico

Yep, that new scheme is awesome.....
May 22, 2019, 06:19 PM
Thread OP
Boys have at it.....In stock and shipping now!

https://www.horizonhobby.com/miss-ge...rtr-p-prb08040
May 24, 2019, 03:08 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Unfortunately, with the exchange rate, shipping & taxes, it costs AU$1,388.00 to get it here to Australia.
May 26, 2019, 10:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 785boats
Unfortunately, with the exchange rate, shipping & taxes, it costs AU$1,388.00 to get it here to Australia.
Wow! Didn't realize it was that much for you guys. I'd say the scale factor is spot on....
May 27, 2019, 01:40 AM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Yeah.
Our dollar is worth nothing at the moment. Everything we buy from overseas is over 30% more in our money . And the shipping costs are usually a real killer.
That's why I build most of my boats from scratch.
May 30, 2019, 09:40 AM
General question for all of you experts. I'm considering this as a replacement for my current Blackjack 29 V2 (stock with S&B x642). However, before I drop this much cash I have a couple questions.

- Will this boat be setup correctly out of the box, so it will run on 4 or 6s identical (or very close to) how it runs in the Horizon video? Basically, so all I need to worry about is battery placement for COG and it won't porpoise like crazy like my Blackjack. I just can't seem to get my BJ to run without blowing over on 5s or 6s no matter what strut position/prop angle I try (or battery placement for that matter), which is why I want to sell it for something different.

- Is it easier to adjust/tune than the BJ? I don't care for speed records, just minor adjustments for a windy day verses my lake being like glass. Or should the factory settings be good enough for "all around" use? I don't race, just boat for fun, but I'd like it to get at least 65 out of it on 6s since it's advertised at 75+.

- Does this hull need to be blueprinted like the BJ to run/operate as it should? In the video it seems like it's running perfect. Is the boat used in the video all tweaked out for advertising purposes and out of the box it needs work to run that well?

- Is it able to run in 3" to 4" ripples/waves without much trouble? They seem to be a bit much for the BJ which is why I'm looking at a bigger boat. 3-4" is about the worst it gets at my lake. Unfortunately, I'm not like many others that can make a day or afternoon out of it any only run when conditions are best. I get 30-40 minutes randomly here and there to play before the honey-do list kicks back in so I can't always wait for optimal conditions on any given day.

OR...… am I barking up the wrong tree and should consider a mono or something? For me, the reason for a pre-built boat is to get into a Cat without extensive knowledge about tuning them, or I'd build one from a bare hull. I've always loved the look of cats but never had one before because when I used to RC boat back in the day (like 20 years ago) they were all scratch builds so I had monos to avoid the steep learning curve of a Cat. Like I said, I'm not looking for records, but want something fast that I can actually run at full throttle without it constantly blowing over like my BJ. I'm so frustrated that I can't seem to get the BJ dialed in, even in perfectly flat water and no wind. I've read literally every BJ/MG 29 tuning thread I could find too. I also have a Volantex Atomic that I made two strut adjustments to after I bought it and it runs about as perfect as I think it can for a $125 boat. It's just too light so it can only really be used on very calm days.

Thanks!!
May 30, 2019, 09:54 PM
Took my Blackjack out today and all of a sudden the motor just quit. Nothing smells burnt and nothing was hot enough to trip over temp shutoff. It's very notchy (it's always been that way), but not locked up. Who knows how many runs it has or how the original owner took care of it, but that's the final nail in the coffin regardless. Needless to say, I just completed my order for this new beauty. I hope it's as great as it looks in that video.

Now just need to figure out what to tell wifey when she sees a huge green boat in the garage. I hope, "it's an old model that was on clearance for $200" works. Probably should have had it shipped to my office, oh well.
May 31, 2019, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer
Took my Blackjack out today and all of a sudden the motor just quit. Nothing smells burnt and nothing was hot enough to trip over temp shutoff. It's very notchy (it's always been that way), but not locked up. Who knows how many runs it has or how the original owner took care of it, but that's the final nail in the coffin regardless. Needless to say, I just completed my order for this new beauty. I hope it's as great as it looks in that video.

Now just need to figure out what to tell wifey when she sees a huge green boat in the garage. I hope, "it's an old model that was on clearance for $200" works. Probably should have had it shipped to my office, oh well.
Thatís funny, I have used the same excuse, her reply! I bet it was, BS!!!
Lol
Jun 03, 2019, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer

Lol.....I deal with the same stuff, but not for long, time to be free...

Quick Reply