May 16, 2019, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

NEW Pro Boat 36" twin Miss Geico

New 36 inch Miss Geico (Zelos) Catamaran from Pro Boat. Been hearing about this one for a while. A new Zelos 36 with twin Sonicwake 36 motors getting 75mph + out of the box....I bet with the right tweaks she will really scream.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/miss-ge...rtr-p-prb08040

Pro Boat® Miss GEICO Zelos™ 36" Twin Brushless Catamaran RTR (2 min 16 sec)
Last edited by MADRCER; May 19, 2019 at 07:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2019, 10:56 AM
Too much GEICO scheme ... We need something new
May 16, 2019, 11:06 AM
RELAX. You'll live longer
The 'crossflow' ESC plumbing is interesting.
That's a nice idea.
May 16, 2019, 04:52 PM
Thread OP
Rafael's been slacking! The manual has the incorrect motors listed in the parts listing. It has them listed as Dynamite "DYNM3830" 1800kv motors, which have been discontinued months ago. This boat has the Sonicwake 36 Dynamite "DYNM3915" 1900kv motors in it. Better catch this before the ink dries... Also, the struts are measured from the first ride pad? Hmm.... Maybe so the factory "neutral setting" would still be at 4mm by measuring from the first ride pad instead of the 2nd ride pad creating the negative angle needed to counter for the Veles 29 "abc" style 1716 props when measuring this way to be consistent with the Original Zelos' neutral setting of 4mm I assume.... This boat should be easier for the less experienced to tune for straight line speed with the longer stingers but will probably be sacrificing some cornering handling with them though.
Last edited by MADRCER; May 16, 2019 at 05:08 PM.
May 16, 2019, 06:48 PM
Flyin Acehole
Ohhhh man just when I felt I had all the boats I needed .....now this
May 16, 2019, 10:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE
You know you need another boat..Lol! This one's stronger than the original Zelos.

Ooops! (0 min 24 sec)
May 17, 2019, 12:11 PM
Product Developer-Pro Boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADRCER
You know you need another boat..Lol! This one's stronger than the original Zelos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04aL...lpMuo-iWs7Uipg
Hahaha! Glad this video is making its rounds. I put it about 20 feet into the reeds at full throttle and all it got was a hairline crack in between the forks, at the bow. We reinforced the seam with overlapping resin soaked strips of FG to provide better support around the entire seam.

It took me an hour to find that boat. The only reason I did is that only 1 ESC stayed connected and started beeping looking for TX signal after I shut the radio off. If they'd both come disconnected it would still be there.

In regards to the manual, yes I failed there. We're updating it though.
May 17, 2019, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE
C'mon man.
You gotta live by that old addage, "He who dies with the most toys, wins".
May 17, 2019, 03:00 PM
Resistance is futile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez
I put it about 20 feet into the reeds at full throttle and all it got was a hairline crack in between the forks, at the bow.
Not to worry, I recall in an earlier thread you told us you got paid to break stuff
May 17, 2019, 04:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez
Hahaha! Glad this video is making its rounds. I put it about 20 feet into the reeds at full throttle and all it got was a hairline crack in between the forks, at the bow. We reinforced the seam with overlapping resin soaked strips of FG to provide better support around the entire seam.

It took me an hour to find that boat. The only reason I did is that only 1 ESC stayed connected and started beeping looking for TX signal after I shut the radio off. If they'd both come disconnected it would still be there.

In regards to the manual, yes I failed there. We're updating it though.
That was a hard hit. No offense on the manual I just like looking at specs and noticed the error. Hope you got it in time. I figure this boat will make its ways to "The Tube" from someone in the 90mph + range on stock electronics. .. It will need some different hardware on the back though.....I believe I've got a pretty good hunch on what those might be too from the cahuna's the Sonicwake motors have ... Anyways Nice job on this one, I really like the Geico versions you all put out.
Last edited by MADRCER; May 17, 2019 at 05:09 PM.
May 17, 2019, 06:12 PM

Idfk

May 17, 2019, 06:30 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 785boats
C'mon man.
You gotta live by that old addage, "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

I never bought into that. He who dies with the most toys loses the most toys when he moves on to "the other world" (or whatever your postmortem belief).

Play with them now and have a great time, because the fella with the biggest SMILE when he passes on wins in the end. That' something you CAN take with you...
May 17, 2019, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADRCER
New 36 inch Miss Geico (Zelos) Catamaran from Pro Boat. Been hearing about this one for a while. A new Zelos 36 with twin Sonicwake 36 motors getting 75mph + out of the box....I bet with the right tweaks she will really scream.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/miss-ge...rtr-p-prb08040

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpGZ-6MyVDQ&t=3s
Hotness

Do I need this!!! YES I do
May 17, 2019, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
I never bought into that. He who dies with the most toys loses the most toys when he moves on to "the other world" (or whatever your postmortem belief).

Play with them now and have a great time, because the fella with the biggest SMILE when he passes on wins in the end. That' something you CAN take with you...
There's always two sides to every story. "Whatever will be will be". God love you Doris.
May 19, 2019, 12:14 AM
Man this boat is going to be a screamer. Looks awesome too. I wonder since PB has apparently gotten the MG licensing again if any other boats will be released with it?

Just wondering, what would a full set of good lipos to run this boat at it’s full potential/voltage run you? I’m thinking close to, if not over, $150 for one set/pair (meaning, whatever is required for one run before a battery swap).

Quick Reply