May 24, 2019, 06:51 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgetorker
Ok, you win another internet argument. You can reply all you want to this post. Iím not wasting my anymore time on you. Bye bye.
Unaware that it was an 'Argument', the Vendor stated facts that contributed information that cleared my vision...
Sometimes valuable information can be found, just by listening . It worked for me.
Ö.and I think you're supposed to post..'.(drops mike on stage)', THEN go stomping off!.
- I'm still not going to 'Nall, but I understand why people do....

MY solution to the 'Pay as you go' thing would be to sell daily wrist bands of different colors. 1 day-one color. The grumpy Lady at the Booth needs an assistant or two. Maybe one lady for selling single day purchasers, another selling for the 'weekend', and a third selling for the full term?

The 'no refund' thing frustrates me.. "The grass is wet, -we're closing"-no refunds" is a surefire way to lose repeat customers.
This isn't a new venue- the ducks should be a row, by now.
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2019, 10:36 AM
Just thumbing through...
Spectators pay $15 per day. So what should a one day pilot fee be? Pilots get ID badges for both themselves and accompanying spouse, vehicle access, battery charge stations, and they get to fly.

What would be fair?
May 30, 2019, 08:25 AM
Build, Fly, Crash, repeat
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl
Another thread stated you had to pay the full 3 days, and if you left early you could get a refund on the remaining days you didn't use...

ahem !https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...308993-Pricing
That info was incorrect. But what's funny is I have done that in the past, I specifically remember stopping by the welcome desk on my way out and getting the ramainder of my pilot fee back. But the rude lady at the desk told me they cant do that and was not supposed to have done that in the past.

My thing is they should have remembered their motto "hospitality" in realizing that I was unaware of the pricing and came up with something fair since I was all packed up and let me fly for the day. But no, I was told I could either pay the whopping $48 and fly or pay the spectator fee of $15 and not get to fly.

I doubt I will come back to Nall next year. Probably wont attend Nall in the Fall this year either. I wont say I wont ever be back, but this bad experience this year with what happened and with the skimpy vendors that was there, I think I will take a few year break. Let everybody that runs the event get their crap together before I come back
May 30, 2019, 03:19 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_poppa4904
That info was incorrect. But what's funny is I have done that in the past, I specifically remember stopping by the welcome desk on my way out and getting the ramainder of my pilot fee back. But the rude lady at the desk told me they cant do that and was not supposed to have done that in the past.

My thing is they should have remembered their motto "hospitality" in realizing that I was unaware of the pricing and came up with something fair since I was all packed up and let me fly for the day. But no, I was told I could either pay the whopping $48 and fly or pay the spectator fee of $15 and not get to fly.

I doubt I will come back to Nall next year. Probably wont attend Nall in the Fall this year either. I wont say I wont ever be back, but this bad experience this year with what happened and with the skimpy vendors that was there, I think I will take a few year break. Let everybody that runs the event get their crap together before I come back
$48 to fly for one day is insane, now if that is all it is to fly all week thats not bad i guess. I never been to a event as big as Joe nall, i go to smaller events with 20-30 folks and i am used to paying either $20-25 to fly for one-3 days. $15-20 a day is fair..
I say i will go every year but still not, for me its a long drive ( time, gas) and then money to get in, pay to camp, ( just in my truck or trailer) food, it all adds up. i think most say its easy to go through $800-1000 easy in a weekend at Nall or any of the bigger fly ins.
May 31, 2019, 06:59 AM
Never too old to learn
I enjoy going to Joe Nall. This past Nall I was only able to attend the first weekend (Friday to Monday). I paid $72.00 which included pilot fee, camping pass and spectator fee.
I only set up a tent. I also set up two pop-up canopies.
My wrist band was yellow meaning I was there just for the weekend.
All the electric I needed to charge batteries, fill up my air mattress and make coffee each morning was provided there.
I didn't need to bring a generator.
I got to watch some fantastic pilots, stayed up to do some night flying including night float flying.
I met some great people, flew as much or as little as I wanted.
I make friends each time I go. Put a price on that.

Tom
May 31, 2019, 02:50 PM
Just thumbing through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
$48 to fly for one day is insane, now if that is all it is to fly all week thats not bad i guess. I never been to a event as big as Joe nall, i go to smaller events with 20-30 folks and i am used to paying either $20-25 to fly for one-3 days. $15-20 a day is fair..
I say i will go every year but still not, for me its a long drive ( time, gas) and then money to get in, pay to camp, ( just in my truck or trailer) food, it all adds up. i think most say its easy to go through $800-1000 easy in a weekend at Nall or any of the bigger fly ins.
It's not apples to apples to compare Joe Nall with a small local event. The Nall attracts world class pilots and state of the art RC airplanes. The grounds at Triple Tree are worth the visit - spectacular, and the attendees are typically warm and friendly.

I would say $50 would be a fair price to pay for a one day pilot (and spouse), given parking access to the flight lines (as available). But it's not up to me.

Remember that the folks at check in stations are all volunteers. Some are spouses of pilots, some are pilots themselves, who have paid admission, but take some time out from flying to "give back"

Quick Reply