May 16, 2019, 09:51 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

My 2019 Y6 homage to the old Flite Test Anycopter

This is my homage to Flite Test's old 2013 'Anycopter' design, which comprised two circular laser cut plywood hub plates with mounting holes at different angles to allow you to build a tri/quad/pent/hex/octo simply by adding the correct number of square wooden booms. I always liked the idea (& Flite Test themselves!) & had wanted for ages to update the design for 2019 - making it out of carbon fibre & natively supporting standard miniquad electronics (20x20 & 30.5x30.5).

Designed in SketchUp (I'm a complete scrub at CAD/3D modelling), prototypes printed on my Prusa i3 MK3, then the final version CNC cut from 2mm carbon fibre in Shenzhen.

It may be decidedly oldschool, but this is by far the most rewarding & fulfilling multirotor project/build I've done to date - being involved in the whole design/prototyping/manufacturing stages of the frame, rather than buying something off the shelf, is absolutely an experience I can wholeheartedly recommend!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3638846

Everycopter Y6 // Flite Test Anycopter Homage // Custom Carbon Fibre (9 min 23 sec)
Last edited by cjdavies; May 18, 2019 at 11:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply