Feb 04, 2005, 02:18 PM
Thread OP

Push-E Cat V4

Hello, Folks:

Well, after a long and oddly twisted path, I can safely let you all know that I have reached an agreement with Denny Maize of Polecat Aeroplane Works (www.polecataero.com) to continue production of the Push-E Cat, version 4.

Kits will be available from Denny starting no later than March 1, 2005. He's already got the CNC set up to cut wings and fuselages and I am finishing up the new addendum for the V4 instructions.

The new V4 Push-E Cat features a revised wing planform that improves turning performance. The addendum instructions will include hints for "streamlining" your 'Cat and adding lightweight tailfeathers. With the advances in Li-Poly and Outrunner motors, it is possible to build a totally thermal capable Push-E Cat without compromising structural integrity.

Denny will also be producing our aileron version of the Push-E Cat, the Twin Cat, sometime later this year.

Denny is finalizing his price structure at this time. Please visit his website and contact him for additional information as it becomes available.

Best regards,

Darwin Garrison
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2005, 02:55 PM
Motor Maniac
What about the kitten with ailerons?
Feb 04, 2005, 03:12 PM
Thread OP
I've got plans. Do you want them? You can build the first one.

Seriously, I've spoken to Denny a bit about all the variations that were pending when I shut down. That includes the PEK, the Push-E Cat with ailerons, the Twin Cat, and the Push-E Cat THL (thermal version, extended wingspan). Denny is taking a "wait and see" approach to see how the market responds to the reintroduction.

However, if you want to build a PEK from scratch, I'll be glad to share a plans printout with you.

Darwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Thumbs
What about the kitten with ailerons?
Feb 04, 2005, 04:13 PM
HI Darwin!! mark in Florida here.....How is it going?
Feb 04, 2005, 04:51 PM
Fly safe, fly often!
I always liked that plane but never got one - here's my opportunity.

Is the new one gonna allow larger props (for geared setups)?

Happy flyin',

Buzz
Feb 04, 2005, 08:56 PM
Motor Maniac
I'm pretty swamped with projects right now, so I don't think I would get to a build any time soon. Maybe this summer I will take you up on your offer.
Feb 04, 2005, 09:32 PM
Thread OP
Hi, Mark:

Things are going well, except that my shop is non-functional at the moment.

Just trying to settle back into life like it should have been.

Regards,

Darwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marked
HI Darwin!! mark in Florida here.....How is it going?
Feb 04, 2005, 09:35 PM
Thread OP
The V4 uses the same motor mount as the V3a did. A 1/2" spacer with an offset gearbox generally allows an 8" without striking the tailboom.

Regards,

Darwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz_Man
I always liked that plane but never got one - here's my opportunity.

Is the new one gonna allow larger props (for geared setups)?

Happy flyin',

Buzz
Feb 04, 2005, 10:48 PM
Have you thought about the trainer we were working on? I know you are busy,just hoped it wouldnt dissappear...MK
Feb 05, 2005, 12:01 AM
Registered Rebuilder

I might build a PEK

Darwin
I'm not sure what a PEK is but I've liked the push-e-cat type plane so might build the PEK if you send me the plans. If I do build it, I'd even do a build thread here. email me at dufduvall@comcast.net.
John
Feb 06, 2005, 08:59 AM
Thread OP
Hey, Mark:

It's still in the queue. I just reassembled my daughter's Teddy after the move rekitted it. Certianly got me to thinking about finishing the design for the Wingo-replacement in EPP.

I'm currently doing some design work on a 1.5m highstart glider, a 2M EPP glider, and a 100" EPP glider. I imagine I'll get back to electric design after that.

Regards,

Darwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marked
Have you thought about the trainer we were working on? I know you are busy,just hoped it wouldnt dissappear...MK
Feb 06, 2005, 09:09 AM
Thread OP
I'll drop you an e-mail. I'm reviewing where I left off on the plans now to make sure there's enough there for someone to build one.

Regards,

Darwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jduvall
Darwin
I'm not sure what a PEK is but I've liked the push-e-cat type plane so might build the PEK if you send me the plans. If I do build it, I'd even do a build thread here. email me at dufduvall@comcast.net.
John
Feb 06, 2005, 10:56 AM
If it floats....sail it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin
I'm currently doing some design work on a 1.5m highstart glider, a 2M EPP glider, and a 100" EPP glider.
Darwin
Darwin:

Do the 100" first please It sure would be nice to have a convertable (glider/electric sail plane) made from EPP in that size.

FoamCrusher
Feb 06, 2005, 11:51 AM
What would the price range be on the gliders?
Feb 06, 2005, 07:03 PM
Thread OP
The 100" is suffering from airfoil schizophrenia right now. I'm working that project with several guys who all have a different idea of what their "ideal" airfoil should be. I won't go into the design acrobatics I'm having to put into the TE for the stupid HQ2095 modified that adds 3.5% camber!

In any event, I designed the fuselage with internchangable wing saddles so that folks could build whatever foil version they wanted. I suppose I should move forward on my EPP'lectra concept for the fuselage so it could be electrified...

Darwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoamCrusher
Darwin:

Do the 100" first please It sure would be nice to have a convertable (glider/electric sail plane) made from EPP in that size.

FoamCrusher

Quick Reply