We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
20 min from 3.7V 300mAh battery ... lol
Lol. More like 2:00 mins.
Latest blog entry: MY notes/ Ascent 2"build notes
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2019, 12:20 AM
everyone putting in affiliate links. well done.
May 23, 2019, 08:29 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Does not have GPS, nor is GPS needed for follow "feature", it uses optical recognition, similar (and I use that term loosely ) to DJI optical tracking They call theirs "Smart Portrait Recognition Follow" It should be a hoot for the price...but yeah a lot of bells and whistles for a brushed motor toy.
Odd DJI reps informed me GPS is used for optical tracking; who's wrong you or them?
May 24, 2019, 10:48 AM
Suspended Account
Repaid1, hey buddy been a while. Someone misled this forum, you or DJI? Your full of it.....information that is so why not answer?

Your lack of an answer speaks towards your credibility...or lack thereof...
May 24, 2019, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI
Repaid1, hey buddy been a while. Someone misled this forum, you or DJI? Your full of it.....information that is so why not answer?

Your lack of an answer speaks towards your credibility...or lack thereof...
yep, noted.
report spammers. move on. go fly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Click the magnifying glass under his avatar, shows all posts...you make the call
May 24, 2019, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI
Odd DJI reps informed me GPS is used for optical tracking; who's wrong you or them?
Them... gps and optical, associating these two in the statement above reveals lack of knowledge about functioning of these devices.

The right wording could be: when GPS signal is missing, optical flow CAN be used to find the ground speed of the platform. Nothing else... no height, nor heading.
May 24, 2019, 11:16 AM
of course DJI uses GPS for follow me.

so it wont follow you into a locked out area, like an airport or stadium.

May 24, 2019, 03:54 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
of course DJI uses GPS for follow me.

so it wont follow you into a locked out area, like an airport or stadium.

Good answer
May 25, 2019, 10:07 AM
P3P,P4P+,M2P,Spark,Solo,X 380

VegasRobbi suspended....

The last post I saw from VegasRobbi included some more insults and nasty remarks. I see now that his account has been suspended. I wonder what he is like as a real person, not just a virtual profile. If he's the same in the real world, I doubt that he has any friends.
May 25, 2019, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelberry
The last post I saw from VegasRobbi included some more insults and nasty remarks. I see now that his account has been suspended. I wonder what he is like as a real person, not just a virtual profile. If he's the same in the real world, I doubt that he has any friends.

Barfly Do you hate people? (0 min 25 sec)
May 25, 2019, 06:57 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
Ahhh yes Miller High life the Champagne of beers, I'm always the odd guy out at the bar, but I am not a follower
Jun 25, 2019, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
20 min from 3.7V 300mAh battery ... lol
That sounded very small, my micro drones have bigger batteries.... except that on reading, that is the transmitter battery. That said how long will it last in the transmitter?
And for US$99 and free shipping Ive got 1 coming.
Ive got a Mavic air currently as well as several racing drones and older octo's
So as soon as it arrives I will post a comparison.

If you read his posts he does have several drones (just like myself )..QUOTE..."Recently got this budget friendly pocket drone, drone x pro S168 model, adding to others: Dji Mavic and Parrot drone serie collection."
And he even started a thread "reasons to love DJI Mavic...
"... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...k#post40549217

Remember not everyone is able to drop $k's on a drone, and others are able to hide them from his wife ;-)
Last edited by sprockett nz; Jun 25, 2019 at 03:09 PM. Reason: searched Farcombs posts ;-)
Jun 25, 2019, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
'Equals DJI Mavic'? You're joking, right?
every single one new nothing claims as it either 'equals' or 'exceeds' mavic. that fimi x8 non-sense, for an example, etc. this one just joins same game.
dji is not perfect, but, so far it is the industry standard, so, all the rest is a fair game to claim all they want to claim.
Jun 25, 2019, 07:47 PM
Quadcopter 101 reviews the identical KF607.
KF607 Folding 2K 4K Camera Drone Flight Test Review (22 min 20 sec)

Plus another from RC Escape.
KF607 Optical Flow Foldable WIFI FPV Quadcopter RTF (33 min 26 sec)
Jun 28, 2019, 05:03 AM
P3P,P4P+,M2P,Spark,Solo,X 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanGB
Quadcopter 101 reviews the identical KF607.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1adbp_v6F8

Plus another from RC Escape.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWiWP2MHCeU
I'm sure that most of us, having been around this game long enough, recognize BS when we see it. 90% of the quads coming from China are NOT 'as advertised'. They LOOK like a Mavic for a reason. So, if we decide to buy a quad like this, it's not because we have any great expectations of it. We KNOW that it's not going to even come close to the Mavic in performance or features. It's because we're curious and have enough cash on hand that we don't mind spending it on another 'toy' to add to our collection. After we receive it and play with it for a while, it may end up back in the box, on a shelf, or given away to someone else. But, we won't be making any kind of additional 'investments' into it, or depending on it to be anything more than what it is, a TOY.

Quick Reply