This thread is privately moderated by PorkyPig, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 15, 2019, 08:55 PM
David Cook Victoria, BC Canada
Thread OP
Discussion

Wheelchair, Ramps and Honda Element

Since a young boy I have been a DIY designer/builder. I'm now 60. For a decade I designed 8 IOMs and built them will help from my friends I call my shop slaves.

I also design independent living aids to make my and more importantly my wife's life easier.

Two years ago I started to design and build my own wheelchair, ramps to load it into and out of our Honda Element, and convert the 'box on wheels' into a w/c friendly vehicle. Since then we have done a huge home renovation to allow me to live and die at home. I have a rare disease called Spinal Muscular Atrophy. The project has been on hold up until a month ago.
Last edited by PorkyPig; May 16, 2019 at 08:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2019, 09:00 PM
Thread OP
Here's progress on the ramp.
May 17, 2019, 08:32 PM
Thread OP
Sanded and sealed the wood with thinned epoxy then added silca powder for a non-skid
Yesterday, 06:34 PM
Thread OP

Model W/C

My scale model wheelchair is starting to take shape. As of late I've been making a pull out batteries drawer with locking pins

Quick Reply