This thread is privately moderated by the.ronin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 15, 2019, 02:45 PM
Trader Rating: 31
masterless samurai
Thread OP
$6.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
For Sale

10x IPEX4 150mm antennas

Got the wrong kind these were too long for what I needed but return window has closed.

They are exactly these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$6 shipped to CONUS.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2019, 05:55 PM
Trader Rating: 39
These can be shortened but you would have to be very careful. These are coax cables and the end is the exposed inner conductor (You probably know that). Anyway, if you could remove the outer insulator and external conductor, then shorten the inner coax to the proper length you would be fine.. I worked on these sort of cables for quite a long time but had special tools to do what I suggested..

If you have a very sharp small set of wire cutters you could insert one side of the cutter and work up the external insulator and conductor until you reach the length you want then cut those parts off to expose the inner conductor.. I have even used a very sharp xacto knife inserted under the external conductor and made the cut...

Or sell them for 6 bucks and buy new ones.. LOL
May 16, 2019, 12:06 PM
Trader Rating: 31
masterless samurai
Thread OP
LOL yea I know they can be shortened but also know it can be tricky. Hence the sale.
May 16, 2019, 05:50 PM
Trader Rating: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.ronin
LOL yea I know they can be shortened but also know it can be tricky. Hence the sale.
I don't blame you at all. just a suggestion.. Even with the proper tools sometimes those tiny Coax cable can be a pain... I don't blame you for just getting new ones...

Good luck with your project!!

Quick Reply