This thread is privately moderated by SaltyPilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 15, 2019, 10:32 AM
Trader Rating: 77
Thread OP
For Sale

Samsung 8" HD Tab A Pro Brand New Tablet!

This is a literally brand new Samsung TAB A 8" Tablet up for sale. It is fully paid off with Verizon Wireless as they are the ONLY carrier that has this version of the 8" Tab A Pro. I purchased this retail $399.99 plus tax 2 months ago. If you do a search, you will find the usual Tab A with the Samsung Logo and the physical home button on the bottom of the tablet available (See Best Buy Link Below). This is the Verizon Pro version where there is NO physical Home Button. Also this version of the Samsung Tab A is more powerful with a much higher definition display. Without the physical home button, it is a super nice 8" tablet for Dji, Autel, screen options. I purchased this from Verizon for the purpose of using it with my DJI multi-rotors. Spark, Mavic, Phantom, Inspire. The size is perfect without being too large.
I extensively tested and researched all the tablet options that are not Apple Ipad branded tablets and working on a clean version of Android. This tablet works Flawless with the DJI GO4 and DJI GO APP's. I originally wanted to go the route of the Nvidia Shield tablet and decided to not purchase that unit. Due to the main reason the tablet backing has a magnetic strip built into the frame. People have said it does not affect the transmitter range but, I personally have heard some did have issues and for myself, I sure do not want a strong magnetic strip/field right up against my $2000 DJI drone antenna's. This is the reason I went with this Samsung Tab A Pro. The screen is Super Bright and still fits under many transmitter sun shades. Colors are VERY crisp and vibrant! If you do not use it for flying, it's an amazing all around tablet for everyday use!

This is in absolute brand new condition. No scratches, no scuffs no drops, nothing. I purchased this for a aerial job and literally set it up, downloaded the DJO GO app, flew my Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Pro 2 times with perfect fluid low to no latency experience and not used again. I have the box as well although it does only include the Micro USB charging cable.

If you do not use Verizon Wireless, you can still use this as a WiFi tablet and or connect it to your cell phone hot spot. If you would like to activate it with Verizon, it is as easy as a phone call and it is on. This is contract FREE and paid off at $399.99 plus tax when I opted out of my contract. If you have any questions, please PM me and or post a reply here. I have been here on RCG and love this community for over 13 years and I have perfect ratings. If you are looking for a tablet without doing the days of best tablet to fly with research, this is the one!

Here is the other Samsung Tab A version with lower specs and the physical home button:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...?skuId=6124706

$200.00obo
WEEKEND PRICE DROP $150.00 SHIPPED
Shipped to the Lower 48 States.
PayPal Only
Thank you!
Last edited by SaltyPilot; May 18, 2019 at 07:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2019, 12:18 AM
Trader Rating: 232
KJ6BFN
Does this have a sim card?
May 20, 2019, 08:05 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdw
Does this have a sim card?
I believe it does use a sim card. It was working on the Verizon Wireless network so I would assume there is a simcard. It work flawless as a WiFi tablet and connected to a hot spot.
Yesterday, 09:00 AM
Thread OP
I have received several PM's in regards to this tablet. Please read my original post for the details. This version of the Samsung Tab A is 8". Not the European 8.4" with the Samsung Logo and the pushy/clicky Oval shaped physical Home Button on the face. I opted for this tablet for the screen brightness and the clean overall look of the display. Basically, the screen looks like a 8" Samsung S9 Smart phone with the back/home/buttons on the screen and not a external old school physical button. I purchased this under a Verizon cellular Data contract. It is a completely paid OFF tablet now. You can use it as a WiFi tablet and ignore the cellular capabilities. You can turn on your Mobile Hot Spot on your phone and the tablet can connect to your hot spot. Or you have Verizon Wireless, you can add this tablet to your Verizon service for an additional $10.00 per month for service anywhere. The screen brightness is the best for this class of tablet. Again, I did as much research as I possibly could on what tablet to use without going iOS. This tablet runs DJIGO smooth and the screen is crisp and bright. 8" is the perfect size as well and does fit into the Mavic/Spark transmitters from the corners. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Still for sale!

Quick Reply