Sep 23, 2019, 10:54 AM
I’m loving my HX100. I’ve hd it a little over a month now and see that betafpv has upgraded the frame a bit as well as added a cap to the xt30 which I’m sure fixed some of the vtx issues mine has. Matter of fact I’m about to add a cap to mine in the next day or two. But over all I like it. Just need to retune it and upgrade to bf 4 soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B14f1KHH...on_share_sheet

BetaFPV HX100 (1 min 0 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2019, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchofe View Post
Any suggestions on prop choice that I haven't posted would be a big help this thing is my first micro. One outher question on the beta fpv hx 100 says 12 amp esc continus and 13 for burst does any body know is that 12 amp per motor or in total so like 3 amp per motor ?
HQ 65mm push on and T mount both props are excellent on the HX100. Also the Gemfan 65mm props are great. But the hq are a lot tougher in a crash. I’m still on my original set of hq’s a month or so and numerous crashes later. 👍
Sep 23, 2019, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyair View Post
I enjoy flying this and it has survived some trees and grass cartwheels.
I adjusted my tune just a bit......
Going to attempt your tune this week as soon as I get a chance. Just yesterday while racing and really pushing this little guy I was noticing some weirdness in the way it was flying and really needs to be tightened up in corners. Never noticed that while practicing and flying around my yard.

Also wondering if there’s any frames I can swap over to. The only issue is the vtx the way it mounts to the canopy, I wouldn’t want to just stick the vtx on top of the fc. Hmmm.
Sep 24, 2019, 01:26 PM
Thanks Archer for prop suggestions I all ready got the hq but they seem a bit floaty to me I'm trying out the emax scan 2.5 *1.9 they are a bit amp hungry but handle pretty good but the the santaannas started to blow but after reviewing the dvr I was pulling up to 21 amps seems high to me that's why I asked if the 12 amp was per motor or total I msg betafpv waiting on answer lol
Sep 24, 2019, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Thanks Archer for prop suggestions I all ready got the hq but they seem a bit floaty to me I'm trying out the emax scan 2.5 *1.9 they are a bit amp hungry but handle pretty good but the the santaannas started to blow but after reviewing the dvr I was pulling up to 21 amps seems high to me that's why I asked if the 12 amp was per motor or total I msg betafpv waiting on answer lol
HQ does feel a little floaty, especially on 3s. The gemfans not so much but they bend easier than the hq. I’ve got the Avans for my babyhawk r but haven’t tried them on the hx yet. I did try some old 2035 props on it and wasn’t too bad, props were out of balance but it still flew pretty good.
Sep 24, 2019, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfpv View Post
HQ does feel a little floaty, especially on 3s. The gemfans not so much but they bend easier than the hq. I’ve got the Avans for my babyhawk r but haven’t tried them on the hx yet. I did try some old 2035 props on it and wasn’t too bad, props were out of balance but it still flew pretty good.
A Archer do you know if it's 12amp per motor or is it 3 amp per motor I'm leaning to the 12 per motor it was around the 5 pack when I noticed the amp draw every thing came down cool before so I'll run them till I see smoke lol
Sep 24, 2019, 03:22 PM
Yes, it's 12A per motor.....
Sep 24, 2019, 07:30 PM
Quote:
A Archer do you know if it's 12amp per motor or is it 3 amp per motor I'm leaning to the 12 per motor it was around the 5 pack when I noticed the amp draw every thing came down cool before so I'll run them till I see smoke lol
Per motor 👍
Sep 30, 2019, 12:22 PM
Hey guys. I am looking at maybe building a quad using the HX100 frame, because it seems to be pretty light.

I will likely use a NamelessRC 12A board, an XM+, RunCam Nano2, an Eachine Nano VTx and, iFlight Xing 1103 8000Kv motors. I already have all those parts, apart from the frame.

Any disadvantages to the HX100 frame that I should know about? And, is there any point in getting one of the canopies? I have a 3D printer so, have already printed a bunch of TPU pods.
Oct 03, 2019, 01:24 PM
Oct 04, 2019, 11:44 PM

Hx100 3s

I got a new hx100 2 flights on 2s it was ok a little oscillations. So I put a 3s and it tried to fly away which I thought 4.0 was know to do that so I flashed 3.5.3 because that’s what beta fpv suggest. I could get it in the air but had terrible oscillations with anything over 10% throttle so I lower p a bunch with no improvement
Then I tried 4.0.6 and every time a arm it wants to take off not sure what to next
Last edited by kicker1; Oct 05, 2019 at 09:42 AM.
Oct 18, 2019, 05:47 PM
Here is a 3S flight of my build using the BetaFPV HX100 frame.

I didn't (originally) set out to build an HX100 but, I had some other parts and I ordered an HX100 frame because it seemed quite light. I thought that while I was ordering from BetaFPV, I'd order a HX100 canopy and an A01 VTx to see what they were like, not sure that I was actually gonna use them (especially the canopy, because I'd already printed several pods). The canopy is actually quite tough (unusual for BetaFPV) so, I decided to use it (although, I did mod, it to orient the VTx antenna better). As the A01 VTx is made specially for the canopy, I used it instead of the Eachine Nano VTx that I was going to use .

The motors are the iFlight XiNG Nano X1103 8000Kv. I used a NamelessRC F4/12A Flight Controller/ESC board, a FrSky XM+ and, a RunCam Nano2.

I couldn't get it to fly right on the 65mm dual-blades (of any make, including HQprop) on 2S nor 3S. I just couldn't tune out the oscillations. Eventually, I settled on the Gemfan 40mm quad-blades for 3S.

I was going to install a proper buzzer but, the XiNG motors seem to actually be capable of generating a louder beacon than most other motors their size so, I just used the DShot beacon.

I'm using a GNB 300mAh 80C 3S HV battery in this video, but only charged to 12.6V. I found that it handled better if I mounted the battery sideways. I need to calibrate the current scale, the settings that were recommended in the NamelessRC instructions don't seem to be correct.

Custom BetaFPV HX100 with XiNG X1103 8000Kv (2 min 16 sec)
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Oct 18, 2019 at 06:17 PM.
Oct 20, 2019, 09:02 AM
Thanks Temporal Flux for the flight report. Do you plan to try any 2.5" tri-blade props with it? I would love to know how it flies with some Gemfan 2540s or Emax Avan 2.5" props fitted.
Oct 20, 2019, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz11 View Post
Thanks Temporal Flux for the flight report. Do you plan to try any 2.5" tri-blade props with it? I would love to know how it flies with some Gemfan 2540s or Emax Avan 2.5" props fitted.
I'll try both when I get a chance. That is providing that they will press-fit, as the XiNG motors don't have any holes for prop screws. I believe that the stock BetaFPV motors do accept screw-down props.
Oct 22, 2019, 11:31 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
TF.... I too have found the 4 bladed props best with this model on 2 and 3S. I also have not tried Avan Rush Props, but might try the Avan 2" BLUR 3 bladed props on 3S if they stay on the shaft.

Quick Reply