May 15, 2019, 07:08 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
New Product

BetaFPV HX100 100mm

REVIEW IS HERE

Complete details on BetaFPV page.

If you are looking for a BNF Toothpick, it is one of the best at this moment.
  • Price 119$
  • Weight: 42.5g (without battery)
  • FC&ESC:F4 2-4S AIO 12A FC
  • Motors: 1103 8000KV with connector
  • Props: 65mm 2-blade props(1.5mm shaft hole) / 48mm 4-blade props (1.5 mm shaft hole)
  • Camera: Runcam Nano V2
  • VTX: A01 25-200mW 5.8G VTX
  • Frame: HX100 carbon fiber frame
  • Canopy: Canopy for HX100
  • Receiver Option: Frsky XM / DSMX / Futaba S-FHSS / Flysky /TBS Crossfire
  • Battery:300mAh 3S Battery / 300mAh 2S Battery
  • Flight time: Almost 2mins

BetaFPV HX100 (4 min 7 sec)

BetaFPV HX100 Toothpick Micro Drone 🏁 (16 min 35 sec)
Last edited by MultirotorDrones; Aug 26, 2019 at 04:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2019, 09:20 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
(reserved for review and added first specs)
Jul 06, 2019, 03:10 PM
From the bowels of MI
I have no idea why but I ordered one of these.... well, I was looking for an AIO FC and and RX and it looked kind of cool so I just ordered the whole enchilada.

Anyone get one of these recently? What FrSky RX does it come with and do the motors have drilled bells? Specs says up to 4s... curious if it actually flies well that way; thinking 8000kV motors are probably too high for 4s.
Jul 07, 2019, 01:47 AM
Found an unboxing video, but unfortunately it’s not in English

HumQuad HX100 TBS Crossfire BetaFPV unboxing - deutsch (9 min 41 sec)
Jul 07, 2019, 07:55 PM
I’m pretty intrigued by this quad, and surprised that there isn’t more interest on this sub. Love that it comes with the runcam nano, and would be interested in more information on the VTX, but not finding much.

What is humquad’s association with betafpv?

Edit: After looking on the google machine some more, it appears this is basically a betafpv toothpick being sold in the EU under a sister company, using roughly the same internals as the 85X... definitely interested in that.
Last edited by snicklefritz; Jul 07, 2019 at 09:05 PM.
Jul 07, 2019, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snicklefritz
I’m pretty intrigued by this quad, and surprised that there isn’t more interest on this sub
cause the market is pretty saturated with this type right now. nothing wrong with this, but also nothing special either.
Jul 07, 2019, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexyp
cause the market is pretty saturated with this type right now. nothing wrong with this, but also nothing special either.
I don’t disagree that the market is saturated, but I’d put Betafpv and the specs on this quad above the eachine and happmodel versions. Even the GEPRC and fullspeed “toothpicks” fall short in my opinion.
Jul 09, 2019, 08:49 PM
From the bowels of MI
Received mine yesterday. There are a ton of little things that they should have thought about before shipping it. The RX antenna just hangs out there, the VTX antenna faces straight back and is in about the worst position possible, the battery sits on a couple of bolts, no buzzer and dshot is super quiet (it's black and easy to lose). They also didn't bother with any custom tune. Mine seems to fly OK but there's something definitely wrong with the VTX, I get distortion and breakup like never before in the video feed. DVR doesn't capture it as seen in the goggles but I can see a ton of lost frames in the footage.
Jul 10, 2019, 01:41 AM
Well what incentive do they have to fix anything if you jump the gun and blindly buy one anyways?

Is this some sort of consumption contest?
Jul 10, 2019, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snicklefritz
I don’t disagree that the market is saturated, but I’d put Betafpv and the specs on this quad above the eachine and happmodel versions. Even the GEPRC and fullspeed “toothpicks” fall short in my opinion.
Honestly, if you want the best, u need to build your own. The sailfly wins on value alone (I buy it for the parts). I wouldn't touch any of the others.
Jul 10, 2019, 10:47 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatZilla
Well what incentive do they have to fix anything if you jump the gun and blindly buy one anyways?

Is this some sort of consumption contest?
careful now. everybody knows on RCG now that you shouldn't critique anything unless you own it first.
Jul 10, 2019, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
careful now. everybody knows on RCG now that you shouldn't critique anything unless you own it first.
Doh, you're right.

Thank you, beta testers!
Jul 10, 2019, 11:13 AM
Enjoying every minute of it...
Jambalaya on the Bayou - Hank Williams (2 min 56 sec)
Jul 10, 2019, 11:43 AM
Mine lasted 40 mins, and esc died on the first 3S pack after a pretty minor crash.

Review will be up tomorrow or friday.
Jul 10, 2019, 01:00 PM
From the bowels of MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexyp
Honestly, if you want the best, u need to build your own. The sailfly wins on value alone (I buy it for the parts). I wouldn't touch any of the others.
I have a couple that I built myself but been having a hard time tuning. I've would assume that if you buy a BNF model it should be tuned and ready to go.

Part of the reason for the difficulty is that a) these tiny quads are more difficult to tune IMO, and b) I don't have a good idea as to what a really well tuned one feels/flys like. Was hoping that getting a BNF would help me set expectations for b).

If you guys know of a good tuning tutorial, especially if it's focused on BF4+ and tiny quads, then please let me know. I know how PID controllers work in theory but putting that knowledge into practice, especially on a tiny quad where you're dealing with 3 axis, strong sensitivity to environmental factors, + tons of other settings, has been difficult. The tutorials I've found have all been severely lacking. The best I've found so far is a YouTube vid by one of the Rotor Riot guys and even that one skips over a lot.

Quick Reply