May 21, 2019, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyt
OP here.

Okay so I looked in my garage and found the LA's Totally Awesome that I used. I remember buying two identical bottles from Dollar Tree. I have a half of a bottle left of one of the bottles. I'm sure I diluted the LATA with hot tap water as recommended or maybe 50/50.

I don't know why my engine turned out much darker?
I tried the crock pot method and the very first engine I did was an OS 61 FSR and it got VERY DARK. I used a old tooth brush with some comet cleanser and it cleaned it up some..

I then got an ultra sonic cleaner and use LAs Awesome cleaner with a water to LA ratio of roughly 4:1 and it cleaner the parts VERY well! Not any problems on about 7 rebuilds of OS and Fox engines.

First pic is the OS FSR on the left from the crock and the OS SF much brighter cleaned in the Ultra Sonic, the flash put a lot of light on the engines but you can see the definite difference.. Next is a rebuilt Fox Eagle 4 74 and third is a rebuilt OS 61 SF both cleaned in the Ultra.. Forth photo is the Fox again..
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply