820mm / 32.28in
Length
1210mm /47.63in
Weight
2600g / 5.73lbs
CG (Center of Gravity)
Refer to manual
Power System
6S 2957-2210KV Inrunner Motor (recommended)
Electronic Speed Control
80A with 5A UBEC (recommended)
Propeller / EDF
70mm 12-Blade EDF (recommended)
Servos
7x 9g Digital Metal Gear Standard Servos (installed)
Landing Gear
Electronic retractable (installed)
Required Battery
6S 22.2V 3500-4500mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector (recommended)
Required Radio
6+ Channel (recommended)

ARF plus: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-arp

Freewing F-35 Lightning II V3 70mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS
7x 9g digital metal gear servos (installed)
Electronic retractable gear (installed)
6 Cell 22.2V 3500-4500mah (recommended)

PNP: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp

Freewing F-35 Lightning II V3 70mm EDF Jet - PNP
2957-2210kV brushless inrunner motor (installed)
12-blade EDF (installed)
80 Amp brushless ESC (installed)
Electronic retractable gear (installed)
6 Cell 22.2V 3500-4500mah (recommended)
Last edited by v8truckin; May 14, 2019 at 07:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2019, 07:32 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Thread OP
Glad they did some descent gear and didn’t just use cheap wire struts
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
May 14, 2019, 07:41 AM
Landing is not optional
So awesome! And with an inrunner too! Pre ordered!!! Thanks Motion!
May 14, 2019, 08:17 AM
Suspended Account
I ordered 5 . one for me and the other 4 for club raffles
May 14, 2019, 08:58 AM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Where did the TV go?
And no flaps! I sure hope it can land slower than what was shown on the Motion video.
May 14, 2019, 09:06 AM
EB-66C Team Member
I'm very proud of this project. One of my last collaborative efforts with my dear friend Alpha. I hope you guys like the livery. My retirement flag was flown on AF-1, so it's a very special jet!
May 14, 2019, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy
Where did the TV go?
And no flaps! I sure hope it can land slower than what was shown on the Motion video.
Very good looking scale F-35. Guess the flying weight is so much more than V2, the TV was opted out. He was flying on a 5000mah pack too

Pretty sure someone along the way will experiment on flaperon setup for this bird

The power plant's specs looks very impressive. 6s 70 Amp at 5.5 lb thrust: https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=7558
Last edited by edwen303; May 14, 2019 at 09:23 AM.
May 14, 2019, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
I'm very proud of this project. One of my last collaborative efforts with my dear friend Alpha. I hope you guys like the livery. My retirement flag was flown on AF-1, so it's a very special jet!
Thank you Tony for the good work! Seems you should have more time developing rc EDF jets from now on
May 14, 2019, 09:31 AM
Quote:
You did a great job! I am really impressed and have added it to my list! I have seen the C model over my place several times and just last week got to see the B model over my place too! Saw the A flying at Nellis before it was "set free" to fly to its full capability! What an amazing plane! So glad to see it available now and in a really good size! 70-80mm planes are the perfect size!! Also the Livery is exactly as it should be! Several nations helped in development and will be flying this bird. Having all of the flags on the side are a good thing because it is what the plane is all about! Good stuff!
May 14, 2019, 09:34 AM
Registered RC NUT!
Sounds like everyone is getting all they asked for! Looks sweet!
May 14, 2019, 09:36 AM
Luck is my skill
With all the sales of the older freewing 70mm F-16 (just assuming since lots in my field have them) and the new FMS/E-Flite 70mm F-16 I was wondering when everyone would catch on and make some more, these should sell like hot cakes.

Perfect size for most SUV's without having to take wings off etc ... and still big enough to wow the crowds.
May 14, 2019, 09:43 AM
Official Boat Bum
Good work guys she looks outstanding, wonderful colors and detail for a 70mm!

Did the main gear location get moved forward a bit to help allow a smooth rotation?

I had the v2 years ago and loved it. I am OK with no TV, as it was something that never centered really well and tended to make the plane fly a little off on straight lines.

I really love the idea of the big top loading battery bay. The lower belly bay was the worst. I will buy one of these.
May 14, 2019, 09:46 AM
RC Flying Rules!
Quote:
First, great job!
Second, I see in the video it appears to work on grass pretty good.

My question, how is the spring tension in the gear? Just asking because sometimes it can be stiff (LOL) and help to cause a bent front gear if you don't grease the landing.

Thanks!
May 14, 2019, 09:48 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Thread OP
Quote:
You all have brought a lot of good planes to us. Though some of us may grip and moan about this and that not being added or scaleness of a plane (which I am also guilty of) ,we are all appreciative of the work you and motion have put into making our wishes come true. Thanks !!!
Last edited by v8truckin; May 14, 2019 at 01:13 PM.
May 14, 2019, 10:08 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thanks guys!

Working closely with my buddy Alpha was the best. His passion for our great hobby is inspiring. You guys are in great hands for many years to come.

Quick Reply