Servo: PZ-15320 (1.7g) *2
Motor: XT1104-5500KV
Prop: 3.8*3E
Battery Position Size: 78*18*16mm
Package Size: 470*290*60mm
Package Weight: 589g
CG: 112mm from the nose

Features:
- EPP material, lightweight and durable.
- Auto throw fly.
- Self level,fixed altitude flight.
- Mini size,easy to carry.
Only support 2S Battery

Recommended Parts For TINY WING 450X (not included):
Battery: 7.4V 450mAh 80C LiPo, Click Here
Charger: Balance Charger, Click Here
Radio System: 2.4G 6CH, Click Here

Note:
PNP Version, Battery,charger,transmitter,receiver and glue are NOT included.

English Manual, Click Here

Package Included:
1x LDARC TINY WING 450X 431mm Wingspan EPP FPV Flying Wing
2x Main Wing Accessories
2x Decals
10x Propeller (orange*3,white*3,transparent*4)
8x M2*8 Screw

to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2019, 07:08 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
https://www.banggood.com/custlink/DvGvp72LpQ

2x Bare airframes. One for you and one for your spotter.

Description:
Brand Name: LDARC
Item Name: TINY WING 450X
Material: EPP
Wingspan: 431mm
Length: 277mm
Prop: 3.8*3E
Battery Position Size: 78*18*16mm
Package Size: 470*290*60mm
Package Weight: 612g
CG: 112mm from the nose

Features:
- EPP material, lightweight and durable.
- Auto throw fly.
- Self level,fixed altitude flight.
- Mini size,easy to carry.

Recommended Parts For TINY WING 450X (not included):
Flight Control: FC01
ESC: 6A BLheli, Click Here
Servo: PZ-15320 (1.7g) *2
Motor: XT1104-5500KV, Click Here
Battery: 7.4V 450mAh 80C LiPo, Click Here
Charger: Balance Charger, Click Here
Radio System: 2.4G 6CH, Click Here

Only support 2S battery

Note:
KIT Version, all the electronic devices and glue are NOT included.

English Manual, Click Here

Package Included:
2x LDARC TINY WING 450X 431mm Wingspan EPP FPV Flying Wing KIT (orange*1,black*1)
Jul 18, 2019, 04:36 PM

Ldarc fc01

Where can you get the flight controller. Looked every. Thought about using a small inav setup but wanted to keep below 250g.
Oct 25, 2020, 11:19 AM
Is there a main thread for this thing somewhere? I can’t find one.
Nov 10, 2020, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raketemensch View Post
Is there a main thread for this thing somewhere? I can’t find one.
I think that the closest thing to a 'main' thread is here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...C-Airplane-PNP ...not much activity though. I expected there to be more interest in this.

I actually forgot about this model, myself. However, I just got someone to buy me the PNP version for Xmas. It is on the way but, just after we got shipping notification, I discovered that there is now a 450X V2 (doh!).

Ah well... I'll see how the V1 is and then, transfer over to the V2 kit when I (inevitably) total it .
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Nov 10, 2020 at 12:17 PM.
Nov 10, 2020, 05:38 PM
I watched someone do a nice long-range flight with one of these the other night, it was pretty cool because you don't need a ton of room to get it above the treetops, and it can land in less space than something bigger, too.

The link to the V2 kit isn't working for me, but I've seen 2-packs of the V1 kit for under $40 a few times recently, which is hella tempting.
Nov 10, 2020, 05:55 PM
Quote:
I watched someone do a nice long-range flight with one of these the other night, it was pretty cool because you don't need a ton of room to get it above the treetops, and it can land in less space than something bigger, too.

The link to the V2 kit isn't working for me, but I've seen 2-packs of the V1 kit for under $40 a few times recently, which is hella tempting.
Yes, that is why I was interested in it (the not much room part, I'm not particularly interested in long range).

The links work for me. But, search Banggood for '2PCS KINGKONG/LDARC TINY WING 450X V2' ...or, better yet... '1736011' - the product ID number. It's currently on flash sale for at least another day. The price will vary depending on where you are and currency rates but, seems like a good deal to me. But, I'll miss it this time as my RC budget for the year is currently depleted (happens by this time every year, LOL).
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Nov 11, 2020 at 10:29 AM.
Nov 11, 2020, 09:48 AM
Quote:

Can you define long range? I can't see this going more than a mile out. I think they should have gone with their 1304 motor which is much more efficient than their 1104 along with smaller 3" props. The 1104 has a lot of pep which is good for quads, but not so much for fixed wing. 3" props are also more efficient with smaller motors of that size.
Nov 23, 2020, 10:17 PM
Hello everyone

Have one of the V2 PNP kits on the way and cannot wait to put it together. There are a few videos of other pilots outfitting these with F411 FC's and GPS. Not likely going to go that route, but definitely going to set up a nice FPV system. This looks like it will be a really fun park flyer!
Dec 06, 2020, 03:04 AM
If I wanted to outfit one of these for long-ish distance of a half mile range or so, I'd be doing crossfire for sure, how much vtx do I need on analog, 200, 400, more?

I see guys on youtube doing 6ish minute flights up to as high as 14min on a 300mah lipo. In a cold winter if I want to fly over ice fishermen on the lake, would I need something beefy like a 650mah to get that far and back?
Dec 17, 2020, 06:38 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Depends on motor and prop choice + FPV equipment drain.

200mw should be plenty using a quality antenna, 1 mile is a relatively short distance these days. The key to FPV is a good camera and good antennas, the key to Long Range FPV is a good camera and VERY good antennas.

Check this thread, the plane used is a similar micro model but range/speed far exceed the standard. The Ldarc/Kk tiny wing is a nice micro wing and can do what you want but over time other models have been produced (or converted to rc) that may provide you with more options/better experience.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Mini-Jet-0-4m
Last edited by scousethief; Dec 18, 2020 at 07:02 AM.
Sep 27, 2022, 07:17 PM
CSI
CSI
I promise, just ONE more order
Hi guys.
I have one of these...V2 model....and have only flown it a couple of times. Still trying to tame it down but not too bad so far.

Just wondering where everybody is hiding? Is this plane that bad? Most planes get a long thread going pretty fast. I think it's a cute little bugger that fits in small flight areas quite well. I do like the orange plastic parts. The plane seems pretty durable. I'm running a Frsky XM+ receiver and a Runcam Phoenix 2 camera.

Hope there gets some more discussion going. The stock motor seems to be pushing mine along pretty well too.

Ken
Sep 27, 2022, 10:42 PM
CSI
CSI
If anyone does happen by this 'dead' thread.....................

I was reading through the instructions for the flight controller and am a bit confused. It's the part that discusses "Remote Control Stroke Calibration"

What exactly does this do? Does it just calibrate the stick range for full input or is it an adjustment I can use to reduce stick throws to a self-selected range?

My problem: The control throws are much too large with everything stock. I want to reduce the throws to tame it down but not sure how to proceed without messing up the FC . Does anyone have some experience with this controller....or maybe a similar one......and know the proper way to reduce control throws? The control rods are already set to obtain minimum throws which is still too much.

Thanks for any help.
Ken
Sep 28, 2022, 01:54 AM
I've configured different Rates and Expo for the various Flight Controller modes.

In Self Level Mode I use 100% Rates and no Expo.

Intermediate Mode I have Ailerons at 50% Rates and 35% Expo, Elevator at 75% Rates and 35% Expo.

Manual Mode I have Ailerons at 40% Rates and 50% Expo, Elevator at 75% Rates and 35% Expo.

This seems to tame it down to my liking.

Cheers,
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI
If anyone does happen by this 'dead' thread.....................

I was reading through the instructions for the flight controller and am a bit confused. It's the part that discusses "Remote Control Stroke Calibration"

What exactly does this do? Does it just calibrate the stick range for full input or is it an adjustment I can use to reduce stick throws to a self-selected range?

My problem: The control throws are much too large with everything stock. I want to reduce the throws to tame it down but not sure how to proceed without messing up the FC . Does anyone have some experience with this controller....or maybe a similar one......and know the proper way to reduce control throws? The control rods are already set to obtain minimum throws which is still too much.

Thanks for any help.
Ken
Sep 28, 2022, 11:00 PM
CSI
CSI
John,
Thanks for the response! So I take it that all of the rates/expo changes were done in your TX and nothing done in the flight controller?

I always keep getting told I have to stay with 100% rates when flying with a flight controller........Never reduce from 100%. I don't know...I WAS reducing for quite some time with various controllers and nothing bad seemed to happen...but guys around RCGs kept 'slapping my hands' for doing it. Told me to adjust throws using only the control horn and servo wheel hookups, then add lot's of expo to compensate.

I still can't quite understand what the instructions for the F/C are talking about concerning the stick throw calibration/adjustments. I tried following the instructions but things never seemed to progress.....
She still flies well, just need to tame her down. I will try your settings and see how it goes.
Thanks for helping,
Ken

Quick Reply