May 22, 2019, 08:34 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Other props I tried were the 7016, ABC 2814/3 and 2914/3, some prefer the 6717/3 that you can get cheap through Zippkits.
Yes, I know that $110.00 is sticker shock but after buying a lot of $80.00 props that didn't work it was worth it to me. I'm not even going to tell you about the $130.00 props!
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2019, 12:30 PM
San Diego California
Thread OP

Side mount servo bed

Modified the servo bed to side mount type. There were many kinds of servo mounts available but none of them met my radio box size.
May 22, 2019, 12:46 PM
San Diego California
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Olson
Other props I tried were the 7016, ABC 2814/3 and 2914/3, some prefer the 6717/3 that you can get cheap through Zippkits.
Yes, I know that $110.00 is sticker shock but after buying a lot of $80.00 props that didn't work it was worth it to me. I'm not even going to tell you about the $130.00 props!
Thanks. Although I know I will be trying at least few kinds later but Zippkits 6717/3 fits me perfect for now.
May 22, 2019, 07:37 PM
RC boat Rock Star
I've got a few of those 6717/3's as it seems like Joe Petro threw one in with his hardware kits at the time. They're OK props for the price as you don't have to sharpen or balance them out of the package.
May 23, 2019, 05:31 PM
San Diego California
Thread OP

Strut & stuffing tube

Here is the instruction for the strut and stuffing tube.
"Speedmaster strut with a round collet. 5/16 for the stuffing tube. sand it down till it's a snug fit inside the strut. It should slide almost all the way thru the strut, stopping about 1/16 from the end. If you sand too much off, a dab of Red locktite on the tubing will hold it in place. Speedmaster sells a bearing that slides in from the rear to support the end of the flex shaft. There should be 3/16" to 1/4" space between the end of the bearing, and the drive dog. "
I used #80 sand paper and took me about ten minutes to complete this job.
May 24, 2019, 05:43 PM
San Diego California
Thread OP

Engine Location

This is the instruction for engine location.
Measuring forward from the transom to the center of the spark plug should be Approximately 12 5/8 Keep in mind the angle you mount the engine so that you have a smooth transition for the flex cable and stuffing tube. Once you have determined the engine position you will have to trim a small amount from the top of the right stringer for carb clearance.
May 26, 2019, 04:58 AM
San Diego California
Thread OP

Strut, rudder, fuel tank and "pool noodle"

Positioning these watching the CG line (white tape line).
May 31, 2019, 09:04 AM
San Diego California
Thread OP

Completed

Obviously this is not for racing but for weekend "hobby" boat. Since this is build by parts by parts without ready made instruction manual, I spent a lot of time to read documents and asked questions to experienced modelers. Needless to say, its not for a beginner either. I will post youtube clip later.
Last edited by Old NEET; Jun 01, 2019 at 06:38 AM.
May 31, 2019, 02:07 PM
RC boat Rock Star
There is an online construction manual but it's outdated. This hull has been around for over 20 years but is still winning races. Racing or play you still want a boat that performs well.
May 31, 2019, 02:18 PM
RC boat Rock Star
tryker F41 Cat Setup Guide Lines

Congratulation on your purchase of a Stryker f41 cat ! Many others before you from play boaters to serious and successful racers have chosen Stryker for its performance and quality. The dimensions given in this guide are a result of input from many Stryker owners. So lets get started !

Engine Location Measuring forward from the transom to the center of the spark plug should be Approximately 12 5/8 “ Keep in mind the angle you mount the engine so that you have a smooth transition for the flex cable and stuffing tube. Once you have determined the engine position you will have to trim a small amount from the top of the right stringer for carb clearance. Strut Location A good Strut/Rudder hardware combo is manufactured by J.G.Racing. This will place the front of the drive dog approx. 3 ” back from the transom and the leading edge of the rudder 5” from the transom. The center of the rudder will be 1 7/8” to the left of the strut. If you have other hardware you would like to use stay close to these dimensions. Locate the J.G. strut mount in the center of the transom as high as possible against the deck lip. This will allow you to adjust the strut above as well as below the bottom of the sponsons. Using the J.G. set up mount the rudder/bracket on the left side. Radio Box After engine, strut, and stuffing tube are installed locate radio box , see picture. The radio box is placed behind the engine and so as to clear the stuffing tube. 1. Mark where rear of box is located. 2. Drill holes for rear rubber stops and install. 3. Install box against rear stops and locate front stops tightly against box. Trace around stops with pencil. Remove box and drill and mount front stops. Box should now fit snugly when install between stops. The rubber band posts can now be installed. CAUTION! Be sure radio box stops are place so as not to interfere with push rods and seals. Parts used for radio box stops can be purchased at you local hardware and auto store. 1. ” dia. ” long plastic spacers 2. rubber automotive vacuum hose. 3. 6-32 x 1” screws, washers, and nuts. The plastic spacers are pushed inside the rubber vacuum hose

Fuel Tank A 12 oz. Sullivan gas tank works very well. Mount in front of the engine between the bulk head and the engine.

Props Depending on the engine (stock or mod) good props are the Prop Shop 7016/2, 6717/3, 6718/3

Lets Test It ! A good starting position for the strut will be with the prop shaft level with the bottom of the rear sponsons, and a slight angle up on the prop. Once you have the boat on the water you can begin to fine trim. This will involve several things. Prop choice will be a big factor. Some will have more lift then others, and this will effect the ride angle of the hull. Depending on what the hull is doing with the prop you are using will determine you adjusting the strut angle and or depth. If you are new to boating please ask for assistance from one of the more experienced boaters in your area.
Jun 01, 2019, 06:32 AM
San Diego California
Thread OP

RC Boatworks Stryker F-41 Summary

Here are my Stryker F-41 specs and setups.

1. COG: 41"x 34% = 13.940”, or 13-15/16"from the transom
2. Props: Zippkits 6717/3
3. Strut and rudder: Speedmaster skeg strut SPDS-013-SK and single pick up taper rudder SPDR-011-60LBA + Pipe mount SPDPM-004-LM
4. Strut and rudder Location: The front of the drive dog approx. 2” back from the transom and the leading edge of the rudder 2-1/4” from the transom.The center of the rudder will be 1-7/8” offset to the right of the strut.
5. Equipped with clutch system and tuned pipe.

Engine Location
Measuring forward from the transom to the center of the spark plug should be Approximately 12 5/8 “.

Strut and Staffing tube
Speedmaster strut with a round collet. 5/16 for the stuffing tube. Speedmaster bearing that slides in from the rear to support the end of the flex shaft. 1/4" space between the end of the bearing, and the drive dog.

Radio Box
2 X Futaba S3305 servo

Fuel Tank
Century Predator gas tank in front of the engine
Last edited by Old NEET; Jun 01, 2019 at 06:42 AM.
Jun 06, 2019, 08:32 AM
San Diego California
Thread OP

Zenoah G260PUM building

It was my mistake thought G230 can be converted by cylinder/piston replacement. Only G231 can do it. G230 needs to have G231/G260 compatible T2075-21100 crank case. Anyway, I will build a G260PUM now.
BTW, there are two kinds of crankshaft available.
Zenoah part # T2070-42001 and # T2070-42000 (28mm stroke) for G230RC / G260RC engines.
# T2070-42001 is full-circle crankshaft for (ground-based RC vehicles?)
I'm guessing 42001 is for airplane and high rpm needs.
Last edited by Old NEET; Jun 08, 2019 at 08:32 PM.
Jun 08, 2019, 08:34 PM
San Diego California
Thread OP

Zenoah G260 PUM

Completed G260PUM with all genuine parts and stainless bolts.
Jun 12, 2019, 10:30 AM
San Diego California
Thread OP

Maiden Voyage

I tried to be easy because of the brand new crankcase, cylinder and piston.
BTW, I'm quite happy with the clutch and water pump system give me no rush.
Stryker F 41 Maiden Run (3 min 3 sec)
Last edited by Old NEET; Jun 12, 2019 at 12:08 PM.
Jun 12, 2019, 11:10 AM
RC boat Rock Star
They don't need much if any break-in. Now take it out and run it hard.
I had mine out yesterday and got a little too daring showing off for my sons brother-in-law and broke off the hatch. There's $90.00 for a new carbon fiber replacement! I may see if I can fix it first but it's not looking good.
I don't know if this shows up here for you but you only have to see the first minute: https://www.facebook.com/10000988792...?fref=mentions

Quick Reply