May 13, 2019, 08:24 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
New Product

LDARC Tiny Wing 450X 2S 431mm Wingspan EPP FPV Racing Flywing RC Airplane PNP

http://tiny.cc/3pyu6y LINK

A pre-built version of the Atlas 450 micro wing. The Atlas is a nice little wing but because of its small size it is quite twitchy so a flight controller is required to tame things down a little. Why this doesnt include a small All-In-One FPV camera and VTX is beyond me as todays market is heavily FPV based and for full enjoyment a camera is paramount.

General Description

Brand: LDARC
Item Name: Tiny Wing 450X
Version: PNP
Color: White
Material: EPP

Specification

Wingspan: 431mm
Length: 277mm
Center Of Gravity: Distance from the nose 112mm
Size: 277 X 431mm
Weight: 65g
Flight Control: FC01
Motor: XT1104 5500KV
ESC: 6A BLHELI_S
Servo: PZ-15320 1.7g X 2
Propeller: 3.8 X 3E
Battery Compartment Size: 78 X 18 X 16mm
Battery: 7.4V 450mAh 80C
Flying Time: About 15mins

Weight & Dimensions

Package weight: 0.589kg

Package size (L x W x H): 47 X 29 X 6cm

Package Contents

1 X Frame Body
2 X Tail
10 X Props
8 X M2*8
1 X Battery
2 X Sticker
1 X Manual
Last edited by scousethief; May 17, 2019 at 07:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2019, 07:04 AM
Looks very interesting. Just the kind of small wing that I am looking for.

I wonder how stable it can be with such a small wingspan?
May 14, 2019, 09:56 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
They arent too bad with a FC, its basically an Atlas 450 just rebranded. On a nice calm low wind summer day it flies like most other planes with a short span. Mine is more twitchy in roll than it is in pitch which is strange for a wing but it could be some twist in the airframe. I have stripped mine atm to rebuild as i want to change a few bits, im not a fan of the servos on the bottom so i mover the servo arms to the top to protect them.
May 14, 2019, 10:41 AM
That's a good idea. I've seen some people, on other wings, have the horns and control rods on both the top and bottom of the wings (attached to the same servo). Would that make it stronger? I suppose the bottom ones would still be exposed.
May 15, 2019, 05:02 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Push-pull i think is optimum for servo control it is just easier and more common to install one push rod ( and a little less weight ) I am trying to find out why they (Ldarc/KingKong) are not including a small AIO FPV camera and vtx, seems strange.
Jul 18, 2019, 04:43 PM
Trying to locate fc01 flight controller. I bought the kit that came with 2 but no electronics. Thought I could Inav but itís so small that it is a challenge to fit everything, stay below 250g, and have a clean setup that I could travel with. Tried using a UMX F-27 brick but canít get it programmed correctly.
Jul 18, 2019, 05:56 PM
I found two listings for the flight controller on AliExpress, one here and one here.
Jul 23, 2019, 07:04 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
You can use any old Flight controller including the Brushed flight controller from a Brushed quad IF you are able to solder

The board in mine is from the Eachine QX105 a Brushed quadcopter that has OSD and all the goodies i need. The servos are fed from the boards 5V regulator and the camera and vtx are controlled via the OSD. A simple small 10A esc supplies the board with its 5V but the motor/esc with take anything upto 4S

Really simple to set up once you can solder and the only thing i had to buy was the esc ( mine are mostly opto) everything else was in my parts box so it makes sense to re purpose rather than landfill.

Last edited by scousethief; Jul 23, 2019 at 07:12 AM.
Jul 23, 2019, 09:19 AM
Man, that sure is a good way to put those old brushed boards to good use.

I never thought of that.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Jul 25, 2019 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Jul 25, 2019, 11:15 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Yeah , it works perfectly fine too ive used those old board in a few small planes now and i tend to buy one or two when they appear on sale.

Apologies for the lack of replies , i dont review affil for Geekbuying anymore so i dont pop in to this section very often now.
Jul 29, 2019, 11:54 AM
Check out my review of the Tiny Wing
World's Smallest FPV Wing // LDARC Tiny Wing ✈️ (7 min 2 sec)
Nov 22, 2019, 07:02 AM
I just got the kit and man it's got so many small plastic parts. I have been fiddling about trying to figure out how the motor mount is fixed. It seems to me that the motor is mounted on the black/orange plastic mount and then the mount itself is screwed on somewhere. There are also two black thin PCB-type motor mounts - not sure where these go. Has anyone managed to figure out the mounting of motor on these? Also what's the max AUW these can fly at?

UPDATE:
Never mind the motor mount part, I didn't notice the back part of the mount which needs to be glued on to the foam. And if I am right the PCB kind of thin plate is for adding additional spacing so the screws that go into the motor don't damage the winding. I am interested in the max AUW this can do.
Last edited by sansjunk; Nov 22, 2019 at 07:19 AM.

Quick Reply