Jul 15, 2019, 09:50 PM
Very nice Airplanes. My airplane also turns very tight. It’s very important to keep the airplane at faster speed. I also made a small circle and had to run backwards to keep lines tight. Now I practice circles up high and try to keep circles bigger and keep plane going at faster speed
Good luck !
Gene
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2019, 08:07 PM
Thread OP
Thanks. I tried it with my brother. Added another washer at front engine mounting bolts. Better tension, can fly better, but still under the limit i think. Ill saw the rudder and add more deflection!
Jul 16, 2019, 08:44 PM
Old Timer
Rudder offset is nothing but a chimera! It doesn't do anything useful!
Jul 25, 2019, 10:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kiwi
Rudder offset is nothing but a chimera! It doesn't do anything useful!
Are you suggesting tip weight? I always built woth right rudder, and this is by far the "straighter" rudder. Any adcoce will be apreciated!
Jul 30, 2019, 01:28 AM
Club member's new build Akromaster. Extended span and modified tailplane. MARZ 2.5 c.c. diesel power. I will critique and if all is in order test fly it this week-end.

My old Akromaster (also MARZ 2.5 diesel powered) flies with authority. No lack of line tension on 52" lines.
Jul 30, 2019, 08:57 AM
Old Timer
For level flight, and for violent maneuvering, rudder offset is a lousy idea, always has been. it is possible that a part-time rudder, deflecting only at certain times, might be OK for the smoother maneuvers of precision aerobatics. Al Rabe rigged some of his planes that way.

The right setup of line rake, line length, and tip weight is the best assurance of good line tension.

Kiwi
Jul 30, 2019, 12:43 PM
Thread OP
Fiery: same as mine, i have a greater wing, avoided cutting spars, as many advice. Ill be waiting for your critics

Kiwi: i believe the speed is OK (4seg lap time) with good line tension in level flight. The line tension starts when i start climbing on a loop, whenbi lose some speed tension reduces quick below safety margins. Im suspecting i need to add more tip weight.

Both: Forgot to mention, my CG is near the leading edge limit (1 inch; the margin y between 1 and 1- 1/2 inches). Maybe is related, not sure really.

Thanks for your support friends!
Aug 19, 2019, 12:01 AM
Akromaster flew beautifully. Now well and truly ‘blooded’, as can only happen under diesel power .
Last edited by fiery; Aug 21, 2019 at 07:01 AM.
Today, 12:24 AM
Thread OP
Lol, what a mess! Never tried a diesel engine. I have a fellow airmodeler who likes old school F/F and uses an old british diesel engine. It is a very beautifull one, and he always says its a Rolls Royce (cant remember the brand, but suposedly was a RR department or something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Akromaster flew beautifully. Now well and truly ‘blooded’, as can only happen under diesel power .
Today, 11:11 AM
Now that's funny Derek ! Love those diesels .

Mike1484

Quick Reply