May 13, 2019, 01:43 AM
2019 EDF Jet Jam June 13-16
Hmmmm!
Last edited by Robert Belluomini; May 13, 2019 at 01:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 13, 2019, 03:00 AM
Looks good, but I still don't see how it's going to get 10-12 minutes duration?
May 13, 2019, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
We're EXTREMELY excited about this ALL-NEW, GROUND-UP and internally designed/developed EDF model that's been in the works for quite some time now! It's capable of smooth and stable slow flight, plus high-speed, high-energy aerobatics and everything in between, and due to the optimized ducting and efficient power system it's also capable of nearly unlimited vertical performance, top speeds up to 140+ MPH...and even flight times up to an amazing and almost unheard of 10-12+ minutes

The "official/full" announcement is coming later this week, but we're currently considering showing it off early at a big event some of you may have heard of or might even be attending this week...the 37th Annual Joe Nall Week (aka Joe Nall 2019!). Please let us know what you think it is (based on a previous EDF design; a larger aircraft; 70mm; 90mm; uses 8S 4000mAh batteries; etc.), and if you’d like us to show it off early!
If this can be done, we are going to see a REVOLUTION of electric flying. The low wingloading of such new design might as well get rid of "foamies" or allow polymer-coated foam model. Interesting to see what is going to be unveiled in a couple of days! Eflite hasn't let me down yet, for the most part.

My guess is an airframe resembling super sniper/habu, more streamlined than Havoc.
Last edited by edwen303; May 13, 2019 at 04:02 AM.
May 13, 2019, 04:09 AM
unless something like this:
Jase Dussia EA Havoc SS (8 min 5 sec)
May 13, 2019, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstop
You’re thinking A-20
Yes ... Douglas A-20 Havoc:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_A-20_Havoc

The one you guys are referencing?
http://www.eliteaerosports.com/havoc-sport-jet/

Hopefully whatever Horizon is announcing isn't quite as expensive as that one is though.
May 13, 2019, 06:02 AM
we can take off without that
I'm not a fan of sport edfs simply because of the way they look, but the Havoc looks good to me.
The wings blend well with the fuse and the overall shape is nice. Can always be painted in a military scheme for us scale guys.

10 minute flight time is easy to explain its just by flying slow due to low wing loading. Even my very crude HK Vampire can fly for 7+ minutes on a lowly 2600mah 4s battery if I just glide around.

There is no way this new edf it will fly 10+ minutes WOT.
Last edited by green_flyer; May 13, 2019 at 06:10 AM.
May 13, 2019, 06:14 AM
It's a Havoc!!!

OK Jason now we need details.
May 13, 2019, 06:41 AM
My head in the clouds!
Interesting
May 13, 2019, 06:46 AM
I've been asking for this for awhile !!!! Woohooooo
May 13, 2019, 07:26 AM
Wanted: More Time to Fly
About time, thank you Jason, Pablo of EA, E-Flite, and EA!

I had asked Pablo about it the past few years and he said it was coming along in development until this year at FL Jets saying it was off of the table, I should've known he was hiding its imminent release!
Time to find my credit card once it's on the website, and this makes my morning to see it announced
May 13, 2019, 07:37 AM
Retired US Navy
I've seen posts that this new release is 150mph, flies for a half hour and uses 8s, among other things.

If you read what Jason wrote he says "capable of nearly unlimited vertical performance, top speeds up to 140+ MPH". So it may not have any vertical, or at least not unlimited and "up to 140+" can mean anything from... well it could mean ANYTHING. Up to could be 100... Up to 140+ could be 200.

And the same applies to "flight times up to an amazing and almost unheard of 10-12+ minutes". Up to could be 3.5 minutes and the 12+ could be a half hour.

Then he says " let us know what you think it is (based on ..." This doesn't mean it's 80mm, 90mm or 8S. It means what do you all think it is based on those EDFs you have.

I know that there have been a lot of people that like the Eflite F-16 and F-4. I'll stay with the FreeWing versions. Is this new offering going to my first EDF from Horizon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
We're EXTREMELY excited about this ALL-NEW, GROUND-UP and internally designed/developed EDF model that's been in the works for quite some time now! It's capable of smooth and stable slow flight, plus high-speed, high-energy aerobatics and everything in between, and due to the optimized ducting and efficient power system it's also capable of nearly unlimited vertical performance, top speeds up to 140+ MPH...and even flight times up to an amazing and almost unheard of 10-12+ minutes

The "official/full" announcement is coming later this week, but we're currently considering showing it off early at a big event some of you may have heard of or might even be attending this week...the 37th Annual Joe Nall Week (aka Joe Nall 2019!). Please let us know what you think it is (based on a previous EDF design; a larger aircraft; 70mm; 90mm; uses 8S 4000mAh batteries; etc.), and if you’d like us to show it off early!
May 13, 2019, 07:41 AM
Landing is not optional
Well, hopefully they will have it at Nall today. I'll be back out there after work today and would love to see it.
May 13, 2019, 08:01 AM
It’s been hard to stay quiet... but this is one sport jet I want! The big havoc flys great I see Pablo fly his every weekend! Hopefully product announcement later today.
Last edited by crazyflyer92; May 13, 2019 at 08:55 AM.
May 13, 2019, 08:16 AM
Looks awesome
May 13, 2019, 08:20 AM
Landing is not optional
Not gonna lie... I am a sport jet guy and that is awesome!! Can't wait to see it later today!!!

Quick Reply