Sep 20, 2019, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C601
Go to 8mins and you can see for yourself, imo seems to be slower than both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGhOrz8ai88
I have owned all three, each with Frsky telemetry, and the Futura V2 is the fastest without a doubt visually and by telemetry.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2019, 07:17 PM
Nick Radle
Flew both my havoc and fms futura today. Havoc did 114 straight and level, futura 113. Only 121 out of a dive for the havoc, and only 130 for the futura.
Interestingly, Sukhoikid was out flying his stick havoc(with a balanced fan this time), and it might have actually been slightly faster than mine.
I'm starting to think, either leave it alone, or as kr200 suggested, just upgrade the rotor only.
Sep 20, 2019, 07:26 PM
Nick Radle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer686
I have owned all three, each with Frsky telemetry, and the Futura V2 is the fastest without a doubt visually and by telemetry.
Of course there are factors, but I agree. And my gps data is somewhat evident of that.
As has been stated, gps data can be flawed, but Ali must have gone around the moon and come back to post that 150ish mph speed. I gave the havoc a decent go from a dive and only saw 121. Pretty good batteries, too.
Sep 20, 2019, 07:35 PM
So its safe to say havoc and futura v2 are of the same speed and very slightly faster than stock avanti?
Sep 20, 2019, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodywerks
Flew both my havoc and fms futura today. Havoc did 114 straight and level, futura 113. Only 121 out of a dive for the havoc, and only 130 for the futura.
Interestingly, Sukhoikid was out flying his stick havoc(with a balanced fan this time), and it might have actually been slightly faster than mine.
I'm starting to think, either leave it alone, or as kr200 suggested, just upgrade the rotor only.
Good report BW. 8s is definitely going in the Havoc
Sep 20, 2019, 09:43 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincesd
So its safe to say havoc and futura v2 are of the same speed and very slightly faster than stock avanti?
I wouldn’t say that. My Avantis are faster than my Havoc. My now dead Futura 2 seemed a tad bit faster than my Avanti. All are very close and plenty fast for 99% of those flying them.
Sep 20, 2019, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer686
My fastest downhill GPS run with the Havoc is 146mph, with an unbalanced fan
Sep 21, 2019, 05:55 PM
I seem to be ranging in the 238kmh/244kmh (147mph/151mph). My timer is at 5 min and after i take off I am flying a square circuit as I gain altitude, getting the lipo warm as it's still cold down under, then I am doing a steep dive and pass at around the 3 1/2 min mark. The rest of the flight is simple sport flying and I prepare my landing pass at 1 1/2min. I land with the jet at my feet and 30secs to spare, and the nano tech 6s 5000mah at 18-19% left.
Sep 22, 2019, 02:42 PM
Nick Radle
That is certainly faster than I logged my v2 PRO powered havoc. Logged only 121mph out of a dive. And it looked about that fast. Only 114 straight and level, and sukhoikid has his stock, balanced fan havoc out at the same time and it looked a couple mph faster than mine.
I'd do something about it, but if I want a fast EDF I just fly my 8s Avanti. Logged 171mph to go with my 178 posted earlier. In fairness, the day before, it did log 154 and 157 on two separate flights. It was humid though.
On a separate note, got my turbine waiver yesterday with my hsd viper, and it's faster than all my EDFs, so now that weather's cooling off I'll be doing more turbine flying than anything.
Last edited by Bodywerks; Sep 22, 2019 at 03:46 PM.
Sep 22, 2019, 03:29 PM
electric fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
Almost unlimited verticle, high energy aerobatics, 140 mph top speeds, and 10-12 minutes of flight time? Not gonna believe it until I see it.

Show me the money!
I just bought one, nice jet, but it does not go 140MPH!!
More like 90+ MPH!

Does not get 10 minutes of flight time!
I baby it and get 5 minutes with a 5000 mAh pack.
Sep 22, 2019, 03:34 PM
Jason M did E-flite a disservice with that headline (...up to 140+ MPH and 10+ minute flight times!).
Sep 22, 2019, 05:54 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerstick
I just bought one, nice jet, but it does not go 140MPH!!
More like 90+ MPH!

Does not get 10 minutes of flight time!
I baby it and get 5 minutes with a 5000 mAh pack.
You should go back and read this entire thread if you want to get some laughs about this topic. Other than those outlandish claims in the beginning and a few technical hiccups the havoc is turning in to one of my favorite sport Jets.
Sep 22, 2019, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodywerks
That is certainly faster than I logged my v2 PRO powered havoc. Logged only 121mph out of a dive. And it looked about that fast. Only 114 straight and level, and sukhoikid has his stock, balanced fan havoc out at the same time and it looked a couple mph faster than mine.
I'd do something about it, but if I want a fast EDF I just fly my 8s Avanti. Logged 171mph to go with my 178 posted earlier. In fairness, the day before, it did log 154 and 157 on two separate flights. It was humid though.
On a separate note, got my turbine waiver yesterday with my hsd viper, and it's faster than all my EDFs, so now that weather's cooling off I'll be doing more turbine flying than anything.
I gave up chasing the 140mph dream with the Havoc, sold it and bought a BVM eBandit, yes more money, but at least BVM don't BS and sell dreams, you want to go 150MPH+ in a straight here you are. Point is I'm paying for something I know that is achievable. For the Havoc, no excuse from HH. Nice you got into turbines, hard to go back once your hearing that jet engine sound fly back.
Sep 22, 2019, 06:23 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Got around 6 flights on my Havoc today. She is getting dialed in. Probably one of the best Sport / XA EDFs I have flown. Was surprised how well she can hold a KE and then push almost full down elevator to do a quick 180 degree turn. No snapping at all. I am happy.
Sep 22, 2019, 06:48 PM
Professional looking photo there.

Quick Reply