May 16, 2019, 08:08 PM
"Takeoffs are optional"
This is what I got hit with , but I do see it should have been free on orders over 250. I値l have to call them
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2019, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevronflyer
This is what I got hit with , but I do see it should have been free on orders over 250. I値l have to call them
Whoopsie... I notice with any company you never see mistakes like that that are in your favor.
May 16, 2019, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Yeah...that has to be a cart mistake....even so $6.99 is what shipping might be for a part, not a whole plane anyway!
May 17, 2019, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPINE
The Second Noon Demo of the Havoc was better the guy comutating had the info for speed and flight time seemed much more accurate.
I just watched the Motion Noon Demo of the F35 and F22, what a disaster that was both crashing on landing.
They have no interest in having good smooth pilots fly for them. They are fine with decent guys. At the end of the day It is up to them. But it doesnt do those freewing jets justice honestly. Its about a routine and flow too. Eflight has Ali who is a solid pilot and most importantly has that relaxed and hypnotic flow to his flying, spirtual. They seem to hire and vaule skilled guys as does Flex innovation. Maybe soon sports teams will just play guys that share the political views of the owners instead of playing the talent
Last edited by jazzmanb; May 17, 2019 at 12:47 AM.
May 17, 2019, 01:02 AM
I saw today's flight demo today at Joe Nall and I also think 140+mph is a stretch lol Maybe with a 70c battery and a nice tail wind you might get close. With all that said seems HH have a winner, its well built and I like the hard foam.

And with the MotionRC demo today, shame on them who point fingers and call it a disaster, James has only been flying jets for I think one year, that fact a lot of people looking at them does not help and most important part there was no perm damage to the F-35 or F-22, as other people mentioned it was pilot error and miscommunication , so move along and throw your own stones in your glass house
May 17, 2019, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C601
I saw today's flight demo today at Joe Nall and I also think 140+mph is a stretch lol Maybe with a 70c battery and a nice tail wind you might get close. With all that said seems HH have a winner, its well built and I like the hard foam.

And with the MotionRC demo today, shame on them who point fingers and call it a disaster, James has only been flying jets for I think one year, that fact a lot of people looking at them does not help and most important part there was no perm damage to the F-35 or F-22, as other people mentioned it was pilot error and miscommunication , so move along and throw your own stones in your glass house
Nah they should hire some talent like most others do. They certainly value the builds and quality of their jets. If only they cared about the disipline half as much. I love the casual part of the hobby that they represent but there are eyes that know whats up too. You gotta rep that side of the hobby too. No one should be demoing a jet if they are nervous at an airshow. Unless its a fun part with kids learning. James is a good dude and its great he has fun but they should sponsor some pilots to demo too. It shows humility Or not. Up to them, Im just being real, not trying to be an arse. I play music for a living. Im judged all the time on how i play and sound, its part of the trade just like flying and demoing aircraft at an airshow.
Last edited by jazzmanb; May 17, 2019 at 01:27 AM.
May 17, 2019, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmanb
Nah they should hire some talent like most others do. They certainly value the builds and quality of their jets. If only they cared about the disipline half as much. I love the casual part of the hobby that they represent but there are eyes that know whats up too. You gotta rep that side of the hobby too. No one should be demoing a jet if they are nervous at an airshow. Unless its a fun part with kids learning. James is a good dude but they should sponsor some pilots to demo too. Or not. Up to them, Im just being real, not trying to be an arse. I play music for a living. Im judged all the time on how i play and sound, its part of the trade just like flying and demoing aircraft at an airshow.
I don't disagree with you but you know this as much as I do, not everyone can fly like Ali at HH, he's been around the block for as long as I can remember, but even he's crashed a few jets over the years. IF you talked to James this is a trial year for them, i'm sure lessons are learned and next year they will do better and maybe they will have your wish
May 17, 2019, 01:45 AM
Freewing should have guys like Rich Baker ( Mr Inverted Flying)do some demos & show what the planes are capable of like what he’s doing for FMS.. A nice show never hurts Sales.. Afterall Shows are where companies make their Sales pitch so gotta look good..Not taking anything away from James who’s doing a stellar Job..
May 17, 2019, 03:43 AM
Quote:
I was charged fed ex shipping on this one when normally I never paid for shipping before with horizon, and also charged tax this time when I never paid tax before either since I知 out of state from horizon
You did select FedEx and they charge you.. if you had selected free shipping It would be FedEx anyway. No way they are shipping this big box by usps... next time try that.. it's only the small stuff they charge you a little extra for FedEx. Otherwise they use smart post
May 17, 2019, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newshound
Think 25% US tariff added on now. Horizon may be eating part of the 25%.
Depends on whether or not the planes are in transit when the tariff takes effect. If they're already in transit, they won't get hit by the new tariff.
May 17, 2019, 06:09 AM
Retired US Navy
Just because the importer is charged the tariff doesn't automatically mean we will pay it. That will be up to the retailer when they set the price. Just like gas prices going up when a storm hits even though that gas was bought and paid for long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
Depends on whether or not the planes are in transit when the tariff takes effect. If they're already in transit, they won't get hit by the new tariff.
May 17, 2019, 06:38 AM
"Takeoffs are optional"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY
You did select FedEx and they charge you.. if you had selected free shipping It would be FedEx anyway. No way they are shipping this big box by usps... next time try that.. it's only the small stuff they charge you a little extra for FedEx. Otherwise they use smart post
It was definitely a cart error. When I added another one to the cart and clicked fed ex it did not charge me the shipping.
May 17, 2019, 07:00 AM
"Takeoffs are optional"
Whose gonna be the first to run the stock setup on 7s?
May 17, 2019, 07:03 AM
Retired US Navy
You can smoke yours!

Quote:
Whose gonna be the first to run the stock setup on 7s?
May 17, 2019, 07:13 AM
"Takeoffs are optional"
Well you値l have to change out the esc of course but stock fan motor will handle it, HH is already doing that on the eflite f-16 and f-15 so I知 sure the havoc will follow suit.

Quick Reply