May 12, 2019, 06:20 PM
2019 EDF Jet Jam June 13-16
Sounds like you found the holy grail, Jason!
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2019, 06:39 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Please don't let it be a Viper Jet or Super Scorpion. LOL

Are you saying it's speed of up to 140mph legitimately on the stock 8S power system, calm winds, on a straight line pass, stock electronics and accessories (retracts, etc.)?

If so, I'm intrigued, and then I'm I will be more intrigued to see the price .

Many foam jets of this size usually hits an aerodynamic speed barrier at 135-140mph regardless of how much power you throw at it, so that 140mph or less speed claim makes sense. Speeds above that appear to take some significantly upgraded power with much less gain to be had. It would be tough on 8S if it's a foam aircraft, but much easier if composite/balsa.
Last edited by T-CAT; May 12, 2019 at 06:52 PM.
May 12, 2019, 07:07 PM
Wanted: More Time to Fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
Please don't let it be a Viper Jet or Super Scorpion. LOL

Are you saying it's speed of up to 140mph legitimately on the stock 8S power system, calm winds, on a straight line pass, stock electronics and accessories (retracts, etc.)?

If so, I'm intrigued, and then I'm I will be more intrigued to see the price .

Many foam jets of this size usually hits an aerodynamic speed barrier at 135-140mph regardless of how much power you throw at it, so that 140mph or less speed claim makes sense. Speeds above that appear to take some significantly upgraded power with much less gain to be had. It would be tough on 8S if it's a foam aircraft, but much easier if composite/balsa.
T-Cat, imagine if they solved the speed barrier issue by using a high powered rocket motor. That'd certainly do it and easily allow it to cruise at 140mph
It'd be funny for sure
May 12, 2019, 07:12 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Lol
May 12, 2019, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
We're EXTREMELY excited about this ALL-NEW, GROUND-UP and internally designed/developed EDF model that's been in the works for quite some time now! It's capable of smooth and stable slow flight, plus high-speed, high-energy aerobatics and everything in between, and due to the optimized ducting and efficient power system it's also capable of nearly unlimited vertical performance, top speeds up to 140+ MPH...and even flight times up to an amazing and almost unheard of 10-12+ minutes

The "official/full" announcement is coming later this week, but we're currently considering showing it off early at a big event some of you may have heard of or might even be attending this week...the 37th Annual Joe Nall Week (aka Joe Nall 2019!). Please let us know what you think it is (based on a previous EDF design; a larger aircraft; 70mm; 90mm; uses 8S 4000mAh batteries; etc.), and if youíd like us to show it off early!
Youíre kidding right?...... early of course
May 12, 2019, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdogzrc
T-Cat, imagine if they solved the speed barrier issue by using a high powered rocket motor. That'd certainly do it and easily allow it to cruise at 140mph
It'd be funny for sure
Or jiggle your radar for Placebo ..
May 12, 2019, 07:34 PM
DFS#000178
140mph and 10 mintue flight times?

Does it come with whatever fusion reactor technology you guys have perfected to go along with it?
May 12, 2019, 07:42 PM
Seeing that itís motherís day, she told me if something sounds too good to be true.... it probably is.
May 12, 2019, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
140mph and 10 mintue flight times?

Does it come with whatever fusion reactor technology you guys have perfected to go along with it?
They didnít say both at the same time
May 12, 2019, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
We're EXTREMELY excited about this ALL-NEW, GROUND-UP and internally designed/developed EDF model that's been in the works for quite some time now! It's capable of smooth and stable slow flight, plus high-speed, high-energy aerobatics and everything in between, and due to the optimized ducting and efficient power system it's also capable of nearly unlimited vertical performance, top speeds up to 140+ MPH...and even flight times up to an amazing and almost unheard of 10-12+ minutes

The "official/full" announcement is coming later this week, but we're currently considering showing it off early at a big event some of you may have heard of or might even be attending this week...the 37th Annual Joe Nall Week (aka Joe Nall 2019!). Please let us know what you think it is (based on a previous EDF design; a larger aircraft; 70mm; 90mm; uses 8S 4000mAh batteries; etc.), and if youíd like us to show it off early!
Iím going to go with my original guess/prediction that I posted in 2019 Horizon Warbird thread I posted on April 13th that it is a scaled down EA Havoc.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1109

ďIfĒ itís a Havoc (which would be AWESOME) Iím hoping for a 70mm sized version as I have lots of packs for this size.
May 12, 2019, 08:04 PM
Multifaceted Heli Nut
If my HSD Super Viper can be clocked at 140mph then it fits the specifications of this mystery jet. Sure, 10+ minutes means slow, relaxed flying but I’ve done it more than once. Has unlimited vertical too (Bob, you commented at the Jam “this is a jet fly, not a rocket fly!” lol! Power system is 12S and rather custom but it does perform well. Wish I knew the top speed.
May 12, 2019, 08:23 PM
I would be a player for sure, If it were a scaled down Havoc . I love watching the turbine versions, but kills me knowing that I could never afford to put that much money in the air. My knees shake when I have 600.00 + flying around. I would probably go into cardiac arrest if I had 10000 + up there.
May 12, 2019, 08:34 PM
Isn't the Havoc a twin prop plane?
May 12, 2019, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
Isn't the Havoc a twin prop plane?
Youíre thinking A-20
May 12, 2019, 08:45 PM
retired ATC
doesent really matter to me as I have no money or room to store it even if I left it in the box lol

Quick Reply