Thread Tools
May 18, 2019, 01:06 PM
Forward ever, backward never!
Brainstorm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by passerbyeus
so my biggest advice is to just buy one or build one the same way and it will make you a believer or I would not say it..��
passerbyeus: The only thing that Goatzilla believes in is his own superiority, and talking down at everybody else.

My advice would be to put him on your ignore list. That'll make your experience on RCG a lot more pleasant. I know it has worked for me.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2019, 01:12 PM
Registered User
passerbyeus's Avatar
You talk all this stuff and the biggest difference between me and you I have actually flown this drone and give real facts ...I understand you may not have the money to buy it and that can be frustrating when you are on the fence..but until you pull the trigger and actually fly it your words are just speculation with no real facts.. ..you put to much effort into what other people say and yourself when no one on here has even flown it but me...so until you have actually flown it once again then come back to us with your 2 cents and we can have a real discussion about the pros and cons..damn dude your trying to argue a point with something you don't even own..carry on..


QUOTE=GoatZilla;41887753]Come on man. Composition skills.



No, see, when you say stuff like "3 min", "450mah", "525mah", "50% throttle", "2-3 inch", those are all numbers.

.
Last edited by passerbyeus; May 18, 2019 at 01:20 PM.
May 18, 2019, 01:40 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Wow, stupid me . . .

I thought I might have said something the wrong way and it was just taken wrong, and actually sent a message trying to politely clarify it . . .

Guess I was wrong . . . after twenty-three plus years on the net . . . (I typed the words out so nobody has trouble with those pesky number thingies) . . . they still haven't come up with a richardhead filter . . .
May 18, 2019, 07:02 PM
Registered User
passerbyeus's Avatar
Caddx cam and 8000kv unless this was just a prototype
May 19, 2019, 12:06 AM
Registered User
GoatZilla's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by passerbyeus
You talk all this stuff and the biggest difference between me and you I have actually flown this drone and give real facts ...I understand you may not have the money to buy it and that can be frustrating when you are on the fence..but until you pull the trigger and actually fly it your words are just speculation with no real facts.. ..you put to much effort into what other people say and yourself when no one on here has even flown it but me...so until you have actually flown it once again then come back to us with your 2 cents and we can have a real discussion about the pros and cons..damn dude your trying to argue a point with something you don't even own..carry on..
Oh, you definitely gave real facts (kind of). They were contained in your video.

Here's another datapoint. No math, just numbers.

FullSpeed ToothPick (21 min 49 sec)


The Fullspeed Toothpick weighs in at a much more acceptable 41.5g dry. Still a little heavy for what it is (most are coming in under 40g), but it's kind of a "hold your nose" type thing.

AndyRC pulls more than 4 minutes of flight on a 300mah pack with flying similar to yours. And he doesn't even murder that pack. The video quality is also quite poor, but compared to your "electrical box" (Did you name your quad "electrical box"? Is that what we're missing here?) it's crystal clear.

Yes, I know, you don't respect "numbers", other people's reviews (which means nobody should believe your "review" either), or you know simple math and what would normally just be considered RC common sense if such a thing existed. Of course if you can't rely on any of the above, then the only thing you're left with is... just running around blindly buying stuff.

Let's see what happens when more people really do start buying these things. I'm down with that. It's just not going to be me. Or like anybody who can do math.
Last edited by GoatZilla; May 19, 2019 at 12:13 AM.
May 19, 2019, 12:19 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
xanuser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatZilla

The Fullspeed Toothpick weighs in at a much more acceptable 41.5g dry. Still a little heavy for what it is (most are coming in under 40g), but it's kind of a "hold your nose" type thing.
sounds like my latest build from parts on the bench. 41g, 1103 8000kv, flexrc 2.5 slimX with custom micro cage and 16mm stack. should be a hoot.
trying my luck at clicking up a new version of a ultralight frame, but its hard to beat kaboobs design. -without any grams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by passerbyeus
..unless this was just a prototype
Wait.hold.it...

Metal standoffs, and someone has the gall to put the toothpick nametag on it?! Holy batman!

Last edited by xanuser; May 19, 2019 at 12:27 AM.
May 19, 2019, 12:52 AM
Registered User
GoatZilla's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
sounds like my latest build from parts on the bench. 41g, 1103 8000kv, flexrc 2.5 slimX with custom micro cage and 16mm stack. should be a hoot.
trying my luck at clicking up a new version of a ultralight frame, but its hard to beat kaboobs design. -without any grams.
Well you just have to design your own...



Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
Wait.hold.it...

Metal standoffs, and someone has the gall to put the toothpick nametag on it?! Holy batman!

Truthfully Kabab tends to recommend metal hardware.

However, his Toothpick doesn't use this planform.

The mini-h planform has never been weight/material competitive, and this is as clear a demonstration of this as any. It uses a secondary set of standoffs to hold an entire second deck, both of which don't really add to the overall structural strength. Kinda protects the camera, but there are cheaper ways to do that.

And then the FC uses a second set of mounting hardware...

Like, you crash, you will be busting up your carbon right at those screw holes.

Sure, a Toothpick has an "upper" which can also be damaged... but they're light, cheap, plentiful, very easy to replace, and some people are printing them out of TPU anyways.

Meanwhile, you bust up that carbon top plate because you have a hard-on for battery-top... Hope you have replacements lined up or you are hilariously going back to bottom-mounting.



Warning: incoming numbers.

One last thing that at least hasn't been mentioned here (and who has time to go through the other Toothpick thread?) is the lineage of these props, which is central to the entire issue.

Some of us have been flying these props far longer then you Johnny-come-latelys -- I have a box of them from like 3 years ago. The original 65mm props were made for the Parrot Spider, which came in at 55/65g AUW. That was superceded by the Mambo, which is also 63/73g-ish weight.

The KK props are clones of these props, but it kind of seems like that was roughly the design point for them.

If you try to overpower them, they will start deforming, everything starts unloading, your motors probably will still hate you, and your batteries will really hate you. This is why AndyRC's vid makes funny sounds when he puts the 3s on. I've seen it elsewhere too.

In other words, you can't just pile on a bunch of dead weight, pile on hotter motors, and then pile on a larger battery and expect things to scale gracefully. Diminishing returns for this kind of behavior.
Last edited by GoatZilla; May 19, 2019 at 01:31 AM.
May 19, 2019, 01:56 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
xanuser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatZilla
Well you just have to design your own...

...
Truthfully Kabab tends to recommend metal hardware....

If you try to overpower them, they will start deforming, everything starts unloading, your motors probably will still hate you, and your batteries will really hate you.
-on my way friend, on my way.
- yep. metal screws, you bet. but huge, chrome standoffs for the plate? pass.
-Ok last timeon the parrtos/KK.... try cutting them down a couple of mm. no really. try it.
60-62ish is what i like. gets rid of most of that flutter, doesnt tank bats, still decent punch. (course were talking pretty small amounts, but still noticeable to a trained set of thumbs. sorry no math. )
May 19, 2019, 02:05 AM
Registered User
GoatZilla's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
Ok last time.... try cutting them down a couple of mm. no really.
60-62ish is what i like. gets rid of most of that flutter, doesnt tank bats, still decent punch. (course were talking pretty small amounts, but still noticeable to a trained set of thumbs. sorry no math. )
Have you actually tried that? I dunno it just seems like it would produce unsatisfying results. It would decrease your thrust disproportionately. If you're OK with decreasing your thrust to prevent flutter... simpler solution would be to just use a throttle limit. That way you retain the efficiency of the larger props at the low range.
May 19, 2019, 02:18 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
xanuser's Avatar
I wouldn't have suggested all over these boards, had i not known/(*felt) it was beneficial.
*again no numbers to back anything up.

i started doing way back in brushed days. w/ 8.5mm 40g beasts... hmm kinda like these. - and what doya know... it carries over.

on the low kv 1s stuff, its not such a biggie, throttle limit your friend there. but on 2s and higher kv, its worth trying IMO
the quick and dirty test to "feel" any difference, is to cut down either the left or right props only, then do hover test stabbing back and forth left and right, and do some punches to see if one side responds better. I like to throw some rolls both ways, and see how she starts and stops. (but you need to check balance after cutting of course, and check motors for heat.)

I should point out, I do have 6a esc, so be careful with whoop boards.
EDIT: no clue if cutdown parrots will work well with a 51 g (non)toothpick, as its so heavy... so yeah. nvrm.
Last edited by xanuser; May 19, 2019 at 02:26 AM.
May 19, 2019, 04:33 AM
Registered User
passerbyeus's Avatar
Dude why are you even on this thread but to be trolling, you need attention that bad...if your not going to buy this drone and don't like what you read just move on..no one cares about your opinion on here, especially when you don't even own the drone.. I've already been told by members on here to block you..so do everyone a favor and go to a thread of something you plan on buying or have...good grief something is wrong with you..���� your like a whinny baby that can't stop..so stop being a troll man up and buy the drone if not just move on..you are beating a dead horse..and I don't care what Andy rc says or Nick Burns or Albert Kim or Justin Davis or Stew and especially you none own the drone yet..wow dude ..


[QUOTE=GoatZilla;41891201]Oh, you definitely gave real facts (kind of). They were contained in your video.
Last edited by passerbyeus; May 19, 2019 at 05:12 AM.
May 19, 2019, 09:24 AM
Registered User
GoatZilla's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by passerbyeus
Dude why are you even on this thread but to be trolling, you need attention that bad...if your not going to buy this drone and don't like what you read just move on..no one cares about your opinion on here, especially when you don't even own the drone.. I've already been told by members on here to block you..so do everyone a favor and go to a thread of something you plan on buying or have...good grief something is wrong with you..���� your like a whinny baby that can't stop..so stop being a troll man up and buy the drone if not just move on..you are beating a dead horse..and I don't care what Andy rc says or Nick Burns or Albert Kim or Justin Davis or Stew and especially you none own the drone yet..wow dude ..
You don't own a GEPRC Phantom either.

I feel like people who invoke the "You can't talk if you don't own one" rule should first check if they... actually own the item in question themselves.

I know this is nitpicky, but you guys know how I am.

Name: electrical box.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 49.7 KB
Description:
Last edited by GoatZilla; May 19, 2019 at 09:48 AM.
May 19, 2019, 09:36 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
xanuser's Avatar
lol.
the whole reason I come to forums at all is to read opinions from people like goat, so i can avoid buying a pig with a fresh coat of lipstick, and a toothpick sticker slapped on the box.

I find goats POV refreshing compared to the usual circle jerk thats more and more prevalent in the drone world these days.
he posts some spot on info. if you cant deal with the way its dished out, dont cry about it. just move on.
May 19, 2019, 09:53 AM
Registered User
passerbyeus's Avatar
If your actually listening to this guy your just as bad as he is and missing out on good drones..I have the drone pre-ordered and belong here..you both should go get a room ..he clearly
thinks he knows everything about everything even things he don't own..so maybe you guys do belong together but just not here if you don't plan on buying this drone you are just trolling at this point..and this dum guy things he has something from video noise..I never said it didn't have video noise which a cap can fix and most drones do now.. I said there is a box that screws up my video signal and does make it worse but he knows everything even by not being here..I'm about to go fly this sweet spcmaker toothpick that just rocks because I know I actually own one...and if you don't own one you are missing out...



Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
lol.



the whole reason I come to forums at all is to read opinions from people like goat, so i can avoid buying a pig with a fresh coat of lipstick, and a toothpick sticker slapped on the box.

I find goats POV refreshing compared to the usual circle jerk thats more and more prevalent in the drone world these days.
he posts some spot on info. if you cant deal with the way its dished out, dont cry about it. just move on.
Last edited by passerbyeus; May 19, 2019 at 10:08 AM.
May 20, 2019, 10:14 AM
Registered User
GoatZilla's Avatar
If the cool thing is to ignore all the reviewers, we should probably also ignore your review.

And if people who don’t actually own the product can’t speak, then that applies to you too.

If you think you can proxy your Killer Whale experience over to the Phantom because they both weigh 51g -- sorry, that’s a “numbers game” thing, and you don’t play that. I don’t know why you bothered taking a picture of the KV of the GEPRC’s motors because that’s also a “numbers game”. So we’re not playing that.

Let us know how installing that cap goes for you heh heh. Weird the other toothpick quads don't have that problem.

We need more people buying these quads to deliver that authentic first-hand experience which we will all disregard! Buy, buy, buy!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product GEPRC New X frames - GEP-ZX4, GEP-ZX5 & GEP-ZX6 VX5 QX5 sevet Mini Multirotor Drones 62 Sep 05, 2017 09:13 PM
Discussion GEPRC GEP-ZX6 225mm 3K Carbon Fiber Frame Kit GeekBuying Geekbuying.com 1 Jan 02, 2017 04:59 AM
Discussion OT - Toothpick Models Norway2112 Dock Talk 9 Jun 30, 2007 06:56 AM
Toothpick Shrike winchdoc Slope 11 Apr 18, 2005 07:54 PM