May 13, 2019, 12:52 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
if you need top mount and an ultralight frame check out.
https://www.airbladeuav.com/products...iber-frame-kit
sadly lacks any motor protection tho.

(man its a shame that kabob is getting all the credit for this whole toothless thing...)
to remove ads between posts
May 13, 2019, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
That is strange. Ever since the older Leader 120 came out, I've read repeatedly, that ordering straight from Fullspeed would get it shipped to you the fastest. Have you emailed them to see what the hold up is? And if you're getting a Leader 3, why would you be thinking about getting a quad that's just 5mm smaller, but has a lot smaller motors and props, and costs as much if not more??
Because Iím fairly new to this aspect of RC hobby, and I have experienced an instant addiction to it. Donít really have a reasonable explanation beyond that. Iíll make more informed and better choices as I learn Right now Iím just loving my stick time and buying about every size of quad to see what I like, definitely enjoying my micros more than anything else so far.
May 13, 2019, 01:21 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I got another reply from GEPRC, indeed this frame style was chosen to offer top mount for the battery. There may be a lighter version as well, which offers only bottom mount for the battery.
₿^} . . .

Since you're practically selling them for GEP anyway . . . haha . . . they better be sending you one to review so we can see what it's really like and what it can do . . . you've got enough to compare it to, and your reviews are right on, especially with all your follow ups . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by snicklefritz
Because I’m fairly new to this aspect of RC hobby, and I have experienced an instant addiction to it. Don’t really have a reasonable explanation beyond that. I’ll make more informed and better choices as I learn Right now I’m just loving my stick time and buying about every size of quad to see what I like, definitely enjoying my micros more than anything else so far.

That's completely ridiculous . . . I know people into r/c for well over 20 years and they're not addicted . . . ₿^}

I'm barely into FPV for a year, and I've bought a few quads, not many, and just cheapy toys I didn't care for, thanks to here. There are a LOT of awesome seeming toys out there, but I won't even touch one until I see what the people on here think about it . . .

The flippin' junkies on here also got me started building my own, so be double careful around that crowd too . .

ADDED:

Saw your posts on the Toothpick thread . . . I am sooo sorry I warned you way too late . . . obviously, there's no help for you now . . .
Last edited by Brian_OH; May 13, 2019 at 03:24 PM.
May 13, 2019, 01:35 PM
combined
May 13, 2019, 02:04 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_I
I donīt get it... if a company ripps off a design, everybody is on the fence. If they do something a little different, people are on the fence. So much negativity...

I like the design, have a similar sized quad that is even heavier and it flys amazing on 2S. Maybe not like Toothpick...but who cares?

I think it's because GEPRC added the "Toothpick" label to it. Then it's to be expected that it will be compared to other "Toothpick-like" designs. Had it just been called the Phantom, there would probably have been less criticism on the weight, even though in general, lighter means more performance.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
May 13, 2019, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisS
Still that frame looks very sleek and sexy, and probably there aren't any props in the view -> pre-ordered!
Mine already shipped
May 13, 2019, 06:31 PM
Quote:
₿^} . . .

That's completely ridiculous . . . I know people into r/c for well over 20 years and they're not addicted . . . ₿^}

I'm barely into FPV for a year, and I've bought a few quads, not many, and just cheapy toys I didn't care for, thanks to here. There are a LOT of awesome seeming toys out there, but I won't even touch one until I see what the people on here think about it . . .

The flippin' junkies on here also got me started building my own, so be double careful around that crowd too . .

ADDED:

Saw your posts on the Toothpick thread . . . I am sooo sorry I warned you way too late . . . obviously, there's no help for you now . . .
Haha well in my defense I do wait until a reviewer like Nick Burns gets his hands on a quad and tears into it before buying. I just have been really impressed with all the reviews Iíve watched of GEPRC products, and want to get me hands on one.

Honestly my Eachine Trashcan guts swapped onto that $19 primo frame is the funnest Iíve had in this hobby so far. ďToothpickĒ builds are easy to build and extremely fun to fly for a beginner like me
May 13, 2019, 08:16 PM
Nick Whoopin thru the house was probably the most influential getting me into these. I probably have over a dozen and Ĺ Whoops, and still fly my B03/FPV inside more than any of them. Nigel on the B03/Silverware board and his awesome builds . . . and help . . . are what got me to give building my own a shot, and it's added a whole lot to the hobby for me, but I can't solder for jack, so the Whoops, and Whoop parts have my name written on the back of them somewhere . . . probably on the plugs . . .

I originally was looking at the Toothpick, and the other micro frames when the Mobula first came out and everybody was breaking the frames . . . my original V1 from October is still fine . . . and complaining about the way the Whoops fly . . . or don't . . . but I'm sure I remember a couple Toothpick builds with ducts put on them, or one of those micro c/f frames, not sure if it was Kabab with it, or maybe Shutterbug using one of his frames, but I like the way the Whoops fly for me, and was looking for options . . . with ducts.

I don't remember reading anything negative about GEPRC. Their quads, and their hardware are all suppose to be very good quality, but pricey too.
I have two 85 Whoops coming together right now, 802s & 1103s, and still looking at the Toothpick styles too. I was more curious about the parts on this, and that AIO/2 12A board . . . the 1103s are 1,2 &3S, and that board seems safer for 3S than the F4 Crazybee . . .

and their GRkv motors should be awesome . . . ₿^}
Last edited by Brian_OH; May 13, 2019 at 08:22 PM.
May 13, 2019, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisS
Still that frame looks very sleek and sexy, and probably there aren't any props in the view -> pre-ordered!
So I'm not sure quite how FOV is calculated (the actual focal point), but if you look at the pics, the front edge of the camera approximately lines up with the bells of the motors.

This is set back further than most mini-h quads, like a Martian 2. Which has props in view.

So assuming a symmetric 125mm motor spacing, even at 120 degree FOV and 30 degree camera tilt, it looks like you will still get props in view.

It looks like an EOS2 in there (they don't say), which is stock 160 degrees.

I look forward to that DVR footage.
May 14, 2019, 10:24 AM
L2fsven
This could be entirely off base and is solely my own speculation, so take with some salt..

I find it interesting the release time with this F411 AIO board with 12A ESC with this particular angle of motor connectors. Betafpv also recently released their new F411 2-4s AIO board with 12A ESC with the same angle of motor connectors, and I am just wondering if they are the same.
May 14, 2019, 12:35 PM
They probably are the same . . . only different . . . ₿^}
May 14, 2019, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qfsven
This could be entirely off base and is solely my own speculation, so take with some salt..

I find it interesting the release time with this F411 AIO board with 12A ESC with this particular angle of motor connectors. Betafpv also recently released their new F411 2-4s AIO board with 12A ESC with the same angle of motor connectors, and I am just wondering if they are the same.
They look the same and the specs are the same, so probably rebranded OEM:
https://geprc.com/product/gep-12a-f4...oller-12a-esc/
https://betafpv.com/products/f4-2-4s...r-12a-blheli_s
May 14, 2019, 02:49 PM
I honestly think there's only two or three companies that actually make the stuff and everybody else just calls it their own . . .

The Spedix Rex, Gofly Scorpion, the Whale thingy and there's another 80mm brushless Whoop that all look/spec'd the same . . . The Happymodel, URUAV & Eachines all use Crzaybee f/cs with HM motors, and switch frames & cams back and forth. I have KK & BetaFPV brushed Whoop frames that I sure can't tell who's is who's . . . the different c/f frame oxy moron Cine Whoops don't look all that different from one to another either . . . and JMT puts their brand on everybody's . . .

Competition works great for us though . . . if they're all the same anyway . . . price sells !!!
May 14, 2019, 04:02 PM
Quote:
I honestly think there's only two or three companies that actually make the stuff and everybody else just calls it their own . . .

The Spedix Rex, Gofly Scorpion, the Whale thingy and there's another 80mm brushless Whoop that all look/spec'd the same . . . The Happymodel, URUAV & Eachines all use Crzaybee f/cs with HM motors, and switch frames & cams back and forth. I have KK & BetaFPV brushed Whoop frames that I sure can't tell who's is who's . . . the different c/f frame oxy moron Cine Whoops don't look all that different from one to another either . . . and JMT puts their brand on everybody's . . .

Competition works great for us though . . . if they're all the same anyway . . . price sells !!!
Congratulations you've figured out how a lot of Chinese companies work haha. If you look around on Alibaba like web sites you could probably get your own branded stuff if you wanted. Or you can find all the parts and build your own at half the price these companies are charging.
May 14, 2019, 05:11 PM
Ha . . . I've only been in to these about a year now, but last summer, through some newbee questions I emailed to what turned out to be an actual factory, I was offered a branding for my own line of their quads, and also what sounded like they wanted someone to distribute, but with purchase/investment, their products here in the US . . .

The quads are a fun hobby, but I've had my computer business almost 20 years, and am thinking more about slowing down what I have, and do not want to start another business and put in that kind of time and effort again . . . done that enough . . . Did find out, unless I'd get the stuff in bulk, big bulk, the shipping, at least to here in the states is almost as much as the quads themselves . . . well, before the new 25% tax . . .

Haven't read/heard much at all about them too long after that either. Didn't think they could be too awful bright asking me that kind of stuff anyway . . . I was the one asking them questions that now, I wouldn't bother to ask . . .

Quick Reply