• VTX:5.8g 200mW
  • Weight: 51g (without battery)

Features:
  • All 3k fiber carbon plate
  • GEP-12A-F4 AIO
  • GEP-GR1103 motor
  • Support 2-4S Lipo
  • IRC Tramp
Last edited by MultirotorDrones; May 13, 2019 at 09:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2019, 11:45 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultirotorDrones

Looks nice, but 51g without battery, that doesn't sound much like the idea behind the Toothpick style frames, keeping it very light. For instance the Sailfly is just 36g without battery, and with battery is almost the same as the GEPRC without it. That is a massive difference...
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
May 12, 2019, 12:25 PM
Still that frame looks very sleek and sexy, and probably there aren't any props in the view -> pre-ordered!
May 12, 2019, 12:59 PM
It might not be a Toothpick, but I dig it. Will get one FOR SURE, as it has topmount bat and looks like a real freestyle frame. Preordered, have 100% confidence in Geprc.
May 12, 2019, 01:14 PM
It seems like it would make a nice small FPV racer, and with the 2-blade props, will likely be a bit more efficient than a regular 4-blade setup. Frame reminds me a bit of the FPV-Model KL100, which was also a very light frame with 110x size motors.
May 12, 2019, 07:57 PM
I really need to hop on the GEPRC train. Was just about to order a Cygnet 2, but may have to go with this bad boy instead
May 12, 2019, 07:59 PM
Anybody have experience of what the shipping time is like to the US when ordering straight through GEPRC? I ask because I ordered a leader 3 from fullspeedrc about 5 weeks ago, and am still waiting for it.
May 12, 2019, 09:12 PM
Did I miss the kv info on the motors or are they pulling a kabab on us?
Also, those props barely work on a lightweight 2s build. I can't imagine how bad they would be on a heavy 4s?
I'm pretty skeptical on this one.
May 12, 2019, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexyp
Also, those props barely work on a lightweight 2s build. I can't imagine how bad they would be on a heavy 4s?
Welcome to the beta-test!

This is just lazy design. The manufacturers keep doing the same wrong things over and over, and you guys rush to throw your money away.

At 51g without battery, get ready for broken motor mounts if you try to fly this like any other sane toothpick design. You've been warned.

Products like this represent a least-effort cash grab. It's flat out preying on people who just like this specific layout (mini-h).
May 13, 2019, 12:08 AM
It does appear like something that was created to ride on the hype that has been forming around the Toothpick name. Afaik GEPRC isn't prone to rushing out a product, apart from the Hummingbird, which was just over engineered and too heavy for it's prop size, most of their stuff has been solid right from the start. With the prices their stuff has to sell at, it would be totally unacceptable to offer a beta product to their customers. That is something we might more expect from SPCmaker, some of their releases weren't even flyable...

I sent a mail to GEPRC, asking about the motor kv. So maybe we will soon know a little more. Meanwhile I hope the quoted 51g is an error, but considering the much larger bottom and top plates, it could very well be correct...

Edit: Motors are 8000kv
Last edited by SoloProFan; May 13, 2019 at 12:19 AM.
May 13, 2019, 01:47 AM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by snicklefritz
Anybody have experience of what the shipping time is like to the US when ordering straight through GEPRC? I ask because I ordered a leader 3 from fullspeedrc about 5 weeks ago, and am still waiting for it.
That is strange. Ever since the older Leader 120 came out, I've read repeatedly, that ordering straight from Fullspeed would get it shipped to you the fastest. Have you emailed them to see what the hold up is? And if you're getting a Leader 3, why would you be thinking about getting a quad that's just 5mm smaller, but has a lot smaller motors and props, and costs as much if not more??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexyp
I looked all over their site too, and the best I could tell, the motors are GRkv . . . ₿^}

I couldn't find their 12A AIO board either, but I did see the motors plug into the board . . . which ALL of them should, as in everybody's in all sizes . . . It looked like they used a triangle looking vtx like the new Mobula. Their only option is the BNF version with a Frsky XM+ . . . and if their AIO board is 12A & 2/3/4S AND Frsky XM+, I'll preorder one now . . . but I think it's really an AllIn2 board . . . but still sounds really interesting.

Added:

Haha . . . guess GR means 8000 . . Roaming Numerals??
May 13, 2019, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
Added:

Haha . . . guess GR means 8000 . . Roaming Numerals??

Nope, I just asked, using the email address on GEPRC website.

But it would have been a funny explanation.
Last edited by SoloProFan; May 13, 2019 at 02:47 AM.
May 13, 2019, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
It does appear like something that was created to ride on the hype that has been forming around the Toothpick name. Afaik GEPRC isn't prone to rushing out a product, apart from the Hummingbird, which was just over engineered and too heavy for it's prop size, most of their stuff has been solid right from the start. With the prices their stuff has to sell at, it would be totally unacceptable to offer a beta product to their customers. That is something we might more expect from SPCmaker, some of their releases weren't even flyable...

I sent a mail to GEPRC, asking about the motor kv. So maybe we will soon know a little more. Meanwhile I hope the quoted 51g is an error, but considering the much larger bottom and top plates, it could very well be correct...

Edit: Motors are 8000kv
51g seems kind of likely.

The reason we have the toothpick category is because of the availability of parts from the whoops. So when these quads start deviating from that formula, I kind of think it should be for a good reason.

Really the only thing here is that it's a battery-top flyer which some people are nutso about. It usually goes hand-in-hand with mini-h style fixation. That style isn't the best use of materials and is pretty much never competitive weight-wise, which also violates a primary intent of the class.

I like the antenna routing and the battery cable management, I'll give them that.

Let me reiterate: looking at the photos, the mount carbon doesn't extend past the bell of the motor.

This is the weak point, and even Kabab already mentioned this. It's a known thing. At this point GEPRC is just openly ignoring EVERYTHING about this class.

Maybe they solved it some other way, I don't know. Like if they found another way to clear the e-clip (countersunk is an option).

Or maybe not.
May 13, 2019, 03:28 AM
I got another reply from GEPRC, indeed this frame style was chosen to offer top mount for the battery. There may be a lighter version as well, which offers only bottom mount for the battery.
May 13, 2019, 12:14 PM
I donīt get it... if a company ripps off a design, everybody is on the fence. If they do something a little different, people are on the fence. So much negativity...

I like the design, have a similar sized quad that is even heavier and it flys amazing on 2S. Maybe not like Toothpick...but who cares?

Quick Reply