This thread is privately moderated by JulianGoesPro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 12, 2019, 10:08 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

SJCAM SJ8 Pro - 4K60 @ 100MBit/s

There is a new (kind of) kid in the park... and with park I mean the 4K cameras that do that at 60fps which is kind of what I consider the best of both worlds... 60fps just makes footage stay sharp even at speed and 4K just looks super delicious on screens that can support it... and if they don't (4K and/or)60fps) it scales down without any "loss"

SJCAM SJ8 Pro 4K 60fps Action Camera

So let's unbox it
Unboxing // SJ8 Pro // 4K60 // Action Cam // SJCAM (10 min 3 sec)

I like how the black one looks! And it feels solid

one button on top, let's call it the record button and a little lcd in the front...

...which is good... bright... quite usefull

the back...

has a huge lcd, good as well, perfect for framing...

...and bright enough to be useful even on sunny days

one thing I want to point out is that the door on the bottom has no real lock (like the Yi 4K+ does)...

...not a dealbreaker, but something I would like to see changed... but after all... it's not like it opens by itself...

Now let's get to the good part... the videos it takes... I love it
I am uploading the files to my google drive as well since youtube is, as always, not showing the real power...

DISCLAIMER: the default settings will result in "only" 60Mbit/s at 4K60... that's not bad but it can do 100MBit/s, so that's what I did for the other videos.
4K60 // SJ8Pro // Cloudy // 60Mbit/s Mode (default) (2 min 33 sec)

sure not the same flight but did that flight without a break so conditions should be kind of similar... so you can kind of compare the first flight to the Yi 4K+
4K60 // Yi 4K+ // Cloudy (0 min 37 sec)

now let's get to the 100Mbit/s goodness
4K60 // JS8Pro // BlackOut // JS8Pro (2 min 32 sec)

and last but not least a stationary video:
4K60 // SJ8Pro // SplitMaiden // Nano Talon (1 min 23 sec)
Last edited by JulianGoesPro; May 12, 2019 at 11:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2019, 10:09 AM
Thread OP
- reserved for more photos and videos -
Last edited by JulianGoesPro; May 12, 2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quick Reply