May 11, 2019, 08:49 PM
Earning My Wings!!!!
Thread OP
Discussion

Upgrading my Losi Micro-t to brushless

Hi everyone,

Iím having a difficult time trying to find brushless motors and escís for my Micro-t. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2019, 11:02 AM
Did you try Hobby King?
Jul 16, 2019, 03:39 PM
Earning My Wings!!!!
Thread OP
Hey thanks David! The xteam 11000 kv motor will be here soon.
There are so many micro servos I’m not sure which one to buy.
The esc you linked me to is coming too, but will it come with bare wires or bullet plugs for the motor and the connector for the receiver?
Do you know of a cheap budget receiver that works well and will fit under the body?
Aug 02, 2019, 12:22 PM
Hey, just wondering how your brushless conversion went. Back when they were new I converted one of my Micro-Ts to brushless with the Losi brushless kit they made for it. Unfortunately it never ran all that well. It was right when I first got into RC and before I knew how to do all of this type of stuff myself, so I got the Hobbytown guy to install it. I don’t know if the esc/receiver was faulty or if something happened in installation, but it never could get a 100% dependable connection to the radio.
When it did run I found that for me it was just too much power for such a tiny car. Even on stock or 2 cell lipo. I actually also had the losi 3 cell lipo they made for it. Unfortunately they didn’t make, nor could I find anyone who did make, a stronger pinion gear than the plastic ones they come with. On 3s with brushless the pinion would be ground almost bald with half a minute of driving.
Anyway, I hope yours goes much better than mine did! Good luck
Aug 09, 2019, 07:47 PM
Earning My Wings!!!!
Thread OP
Hi Hunter,

My tiny X team 11,000 kV motor came yesterday. Unfortunately it was not the correct size. The mounts on the motor were about 3 mm short of the mounts on the micro t. However I did fine what may be the very last dynamite Tazer 10,250 kV motor available in this world. After finding it on eBay I looked around to see if anybody else has it and everyone was out of stock. It was only $24 but it was also used. The seller said it was only used once it was in pretty good condition so we’ll see what happens with that. That motor is supposed to fit right up to the Micro T mount with no problems. Now I need to find an ESC to go with it. I need to find one at least 6 A and prefer it to have reverse. As far as the pinion is concerned, the Tazer motors have what look like brass pinions on them already. There are some 4000 and 7000 kV motors on eBay and Amazon for sale around $30-$40
Oct 16, 2019, 03:38 PM
anyone have any of the old AM electronics for these things? fried both of mine and wanting to get the cars back on the road. PM me if so.

Quick Reply