May 11, 2019, 07:13 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Help me please.

I am trying to use the parts from an old heli to build a plane. Any idea what i can do to the motors so i can use a prop on them, since they have a pivon. Thanks
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2019, 08:06 AM
Build, crash...repeat
Youíll probably go nuts trying to make them work. Iíd buy a cheap brushless motor somewhere, local or online vendor. About $5 US
May 11, 2019, 08:12 AM
Thread OP
I know they are cheap, but i want to feel good about my self that i converted them. Know any good brushed motor rc propellers? If so can you link them please.
May 11, 2019, 08:19 AM
Build, crash...repeat
Sorry, I donít know
May 11, 2019, 08:51 AM
Flying a Falcon or a 3D model.
It's difficult to find the prop size you need. Too large you will burn the motors, too small your plane won't fly, spending money on props and spinners for nothing.
May 11, 2019, 10:52 AM
Heli was geared ~10 :1 Those motors will need a gearbox . But with the demise of GWS those are hard to find . Likely your Heli board will have conversion issues as well.
Do able... but Not plug 'n play.
May 11, 2019, 12:18 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Cassar
I am trying to use the parts from an old heli to build a plane. Any idea what i can do to the motors so i can use a prop on them, since they have a pivon. Thanks
Joseph , I took a look at your other posts ..... do you still have the FlySky transmitter and the TURNIGY Plush 18amp Speed Controller w/BEC ESC and a Turnigy Park300 Brushless Outrunner 1380kv Motor ? If so , you have a much better chance of making a flyable plane with those electronics .

I'll be happy to help you build and fly a plane successfully . List all the electronics you have , so I know what we're working with . If you live in the USA or Canada , you can get foam board at a dollar store that can be used to build an airplane .
May 12, 2019, 07:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
Joseph , I took a look at your other posts ..... do you still have the FlySky transmitter and the TURNIGY Plush 18amp Speed Controller w/BEC ESC and a Turnigy Park300 Brushless Outrunner 1380kv Motor ? If so , you have a much better chance of making a flyable plane with those electronics .

I'll be happy to help you build and fly a plane successfully . List all the electronics you have , so I know what we're working with . If you live in the USA or Canada , you can get foam board at a dollar store that can be used to build an airplane .
Those electronics are already used in another plane. I just removed the gears attached on the shaft and was going to buy some props for the brushed motor.
May 12, 2019, 08:49 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Does the ex-helicopter board include the receiver side as well as the speed controller ?

Does it have servo connectors ?

If not that's a major problem.
May 12, 2019, 01:02 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Cassar
Those electronics are already used in another plane. I just removed the gears attached on the shaft and was going to buy some props for the brushed motor.
Is the other plane flying successfully ? If so , very cool !

It will be difficult/impossible to use those heli electronics for a plane , and range may be a problem also ..... a plane will likely fly higher/farther than was intended for the heli's transmitter/receiver .

I recommend getting another set of electronics & a second receiver for making a second plane . Banggood has this complete power system that includes : motor , ESC , servos , propellers , etc. for $21 ...... https://www.banggood.com/XXD-2212-14...r_warehouse=CN And you can also get another receiver there :
https://www.banggood.com/FlySky-FS-i...r_warehouse=CN
Last edited by balsa or carbon; May 12, 2019 at 03:19 PM.

Quick Reply