May 11, 2019, 12:26 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

XtremeLink Firmware Upgrade

Hi Jim,

Maybe confused old age has got to me, but I have just reflashed all my Nano's and Tx modules, except a couple of pre V3.0 which I will return to you for firmware upgrade.
However the nanos reflashed show V2.0--1.4, or 1.7, or 2.20, which I am assuming makes no difference to function.
Why don't they all reflash to 2.20 which would appear to be the latest?
The latest Nano IV's just received Nanos appear to be V4.1, so should I return all the older Nanos for upgrade to this level?
Maybe it can't be done. Probably doesn't matter two hoots.
I use a mix of serial Xtreme mode 1 and 2 into X10's to get all the channels the way I want, and it all works.

Regards,
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2019, 01:37 AM
There have been 4 different hardware revisions of the Nano, and each has had their own firmware version number - all starting with v1.0. The updater program knows the correct firmware for each hardware revision.
May 11, 2019, 08:35 PM
Thread OP
So I am still wondering.
The latest Nano IV's just received appear to be V4.1, so should I return all the older Nanos for upgrade to this level even though they are reflashed?
Maybe to accommodate future releases of something?

XtremeLink Firmware Upgrade Details
Upgrade your existing XtremeLink© system to the latest version for one flat fee. Upgrade as many pieces that you own. NO GROUPED ORDERS ALLOWED!
Latest firmware version is: v3.9 (Rx), v3.8 (Tx)
V3.x Firmware upgrade. Includes multiple receiver support, full time frequency hopping, and more!
After you purchase this upgrade, you will need to send in all pieces of your XtremeLink® system. You must return your transmitter module w/antenna, receivers, XDP, and telemetry station if you want the full 3.x upgrade.
YOU MUST INCLUDE A COPY OF YOUR RECEIPT FOR THIS ORDER WITH YOUR ITEMS TO BE UPGRADED!
DO NOT SEND TRANSMITTERS WITH YOUR SYSTEM! THEY WILL BE RETURNED WITHOUT BEING UPGRADED.
NO RM A IS REQUIRED.
Please ship a copy of your order, along with your XtremeLink® products to be upgraded to:
May 12, 2019, 06:50 PM
The latest NanoIV firmware is v2.0. You can see a list of firmware history on our website. V3.x refers to the original 8/10 receivers. As I said, the updater has the latest versions of firmware for each product.
May 12, 2019, 10:58 PM
Thread OP
OK, got it.

Quick Reply